Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Custom duty for engagement ring - Diamond, From USA to Malaysia

views

TSTsukasa
post Mar 3 2022, 10:34 AM, updated 2y ago

Regular
1,042 posts

Hi all. May i ask anyone got any exp importing diamond ring from USA to malaysia. Will it subject to import tax as im kinda worry as i spent alot on the ring as my gf wanted specific design and USA have it and I bought it from USA already.

Just need to prepare for tax is there is any.

Anyone did it b4 ?? How much tax
rubrubrub
post Mar 3 2022, 10:41 AM

senor
1,790 posts

QUOTE(Tsukasa @ Mar 3 2022, 10:34 AM)
Hi all. May i ask anyone got any exp importing diamond ring from USA to malaysia. Will it subject to import tax as im kinda worry as i spent alot on the ring as my gf wanted specific design and USA have it and I bought it from USA already.

Just need to prepare for tax is there is any.

Anyone did it b4 ?? How much tax
Experience wise, i bought a sapphire ring from norway and bangladesh and nothing happened to my shipment so far. how much did u pay for it?
TSTsukasa
post Mar 4 2022, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,042 posts

QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 3 2022, 11:41 AM)
Experience wise, i bought a sapphire ring from norway and bangladesh and nothing happened to my shipment so far. how much did u pay for it?
Almost USD8k. As Malaysia is too expensive. Poh Kong, Lazare, love and co all very ex and dont have the design my gf wanted.

Sigh.. now cross finger hope they dont add custom duty to me.
rubrubrub
post Mar 4 2022, 10:37 AM

senor
1,790 posts

QUOTE(Tsukasa @ Mar 4 2022, 10:00 AM)
Almost USD8k. As Malaysia is too expensive. Poh Kong, Lazare, love and co all very ex and dont have the design my gf wanted.

I get what u mean. It is more worth your bucks to buy it overseas tbh. If possible ask them to write it as gift
wahaha9104
post Mar 6 2022, 11:54 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Tsukasa @ Mar 4 2022, 10:00 AM)

Appreciated if you can share your experience after the diamond ring delivered to you. smile.gif I also planned to buy from USA, worried about the tax issues. nod.gif

This post has been edited by wahaha9104: Mar 6 2022, 11:55 PM
TSTsukasa
post Mar 7 2022, 09:39 AM

Regular
1,042 posts

QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 4 2022, 11:37 AM)
I get what u mean. It is more worth your bucks to buy it overseas tbh. If possible ask them to write it as gift
Yeah. As cheaper by carat also and better design. Malaysia design is very outdated.

QUOTE(wahaha9104 @ Mar 7 2022, 12:54 AM)
Appreciated if you can share your experience after the diamond ring delivered to you.  smile.gif  I also planned to buy from USA, worried about the tax issues.  nod.gif
Sure will post here.
rubrubrub
post Mar 7 2022, 11:04 AM

senor
1,790 posts

QUOTE(Tsukasa @ Mar 7 2022, 09:39 AM)
Yeah. As cheaper by carat also and better design. Malaysia design is very outdated.
Sure will post here.
yeah so true. I was looking at sapphire and they are so overpriced and most importantly ugly af
TSTsukasa
post Apr 7 2022, 02:43 PM

Regular
1,042 posts

QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 3 2022, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 4 2022, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE(wahaha9104 @ Mar 7 2022, 12:54 AM)
Appreciated if you can share your experience after the diamond ring delivered to you.  smile.gif  I also planned to buy from USA, worried about the tax issues.  nod.gif
QUOTE(rubrubrub @ Mar 7 2022, 12:04 PM)
yeah so true. I was looking at sapphire and they are so overpriced and most importantly ugly af
My shipment just arrive from California USA, for 1.5 carat engagement ring. Thank god. Zero tax..

From what i pay for that and what i will pay in malaysia.. Heaven and hell. Save tens of thousand for me.

The courier come with 2 fedex box and wrap inside and perfect box. ^^ . Even sent me youtube of the ring b4 sending out. ahha
rubrubrub
post Apr 7 2022, 05:17 PM

senor
1,790 posts

QUOTE(Tsukasa @ Apr 7 2022, 02:43 PM)
My shipment just arrive from California USA, for 1.5 carat engagement ring. Thank god. Zero tax..

From what i pay for that and what i will pay in malaysia.. Heaven and hell. Save tens of thousand for me.

The courier come with 2 fedex box and wrap inside and perfect box. ^^ . Even sent me youtube of the ring b4 sending out. ahha
congrats buddy! and congratulations. do share which vendor u got ur engagement ring from

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:38 PM