Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nvidia crash / BSoD using Adobe and Blender

views

TSlow0915
post Feb 15 2022, 06:25 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
52 posts

Anyone is experiencing constant Nvidia Driver crash when Adobe Software or Blender is running on GPU?
Sometimes getting bluescreen too after the Nvidia crashed, the error code on BSoD screen was too fast I cant see and record it

Looked everywhere couldn't find what's causing it, and how to solve it.
Gaming is fine though, only experience the problem when using Adobe and Blender.

CPU: i7-8750H RAM:1x16GB
GPU: GTX1060 6GB (Laptop)
Nvidia Studio Driver 511.65

Here's the error from Event Viewer.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video7
CMDre 00000003 00000ffc ffffffff 00000007 00ffffff

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Faulting application name: nvcontainer.exe, version: 1.35.3033.8148, time stamp: 0x61262d26
Faulting module name: NvBackend64.dll, version: 39.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x61ea8da5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000080031
Faulting process id: 0x2e04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d82248393326f1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\plugins\User\NvBackend\NvBackend64.dll
Report Id: 3f2b2931-96c0-4ba7-aaee-f547155a622a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

mashimarow
post Feb 16 2022, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,742 posts

try downgrade the driver you having no issue with and use GRD version instead of studio version
martianunlimited
post Feb 21 2022, 05:14 AM

The original Martian
1,519 posts

Ya, I would suggest using DDU to remove your video drivers, and start afresh.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/displa...r-download.html

Since it seems to only bluescreen when under heavy load, it could also be that your thermals are too high, and the GPU is crashing because of that. Try monitoring the GPU temps (and voltages) if the core temp is too high (>90C) you might want to use compressed air to clean the vents, fans and cooling fins (look online for proper ways to clean the vents and fans.. and do up to the level you feel comfortable.. ) Your laptop being an 8th gen Intel tells me that it's about 3-4 years old now.. so not surprising if it needs a bit of maintenance.. (also listen to your laptop fans when under load, and see if it's spinning up properly, it is possible that your GPU cooling fan has failed)

SUSWahlberg
post Feb 21 2022, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(low0915 @ Feb 15 2022, 06:25 PM)
Anyone is experiencing constant Nvidia Driver crash when Adobe Software or Blender is running on GPU?
Sometimes getting bluescreen too after the Nvidia crashed, the error code on BSoD screen was too fast I cant see and record it

Looked everywhere couldn't find what's causing it, and how to solve it.
Gaming is fine though, only experience the problem when using Adobe and Blender.

CPU: i7-8750H RAM:1x16GB
GPU: GTX1060 6GB (Laptop)
Nvidia Studio Driver 511.65

Here's the error from Event Viewer.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

just wondering, maybe cause by hardware related error?
TSlow0915
post Feb 21 2022, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(martianunlimited @ Feb 21 2022, 05:14 AM)
Ya, I would suggest using DDU to remove your video drivers, and start afresh.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/displa...r-download.html

Since it seems to only bluescreen when under heavy load, it could also be that your thermals are too high, and the GPU is crashing because of that. Try monitoring the GPU temps (and voltages) if the core temp is too high (>90C) you might want to use compressed air to clean the vents, fans and cooling fins (look online for proper ways to clean the vents and fans.. and do up to the level you feel comfortable.. ) Your laptop being an 8th gen Intel tells me that it's about 3-4 years old now.. so not surprising if it needs a bit of maintenance.. (also listen to your laptop fans when under load, and see if it's spinning up properly, it is possible that your GPU cooling fan has failed)
QUOTE(Wahlberg @ Feb 21 2022, 08:50 AM)
just wondering, maybe cause by hardware related error?
Gaming is totally fine and it's heavier and runs hotter than blender and adobe softwares, the driver just crash randomly while I'm working with the softwares.
I've tried oldest driver for win11 and some from win10 still encountering this issue.

Older driver seems abit more stable, but still got problems.
I'll try one more time with DDU, if problem still here then I'm rolling back to Windows 10.

This post has been edited by low0915: Feb 21 2022, 03:54 PM
martianunlimited
post Feb 22 2022, 03:20 AM

The original Martian
1,519 posts

QUOTE(low0915 @ Feb 21 2022, 08:53 PM)
Gaming is totally fine and it's heavier and runs hotter than blender and adobe softwares, the driver just crash randomly while I'm working with the softwares.
I've tried oldest driver for win11 and some from win10 still encountering this issue.

Older driver seems abit more stable, but still got problems.
I'll try one more time with DDU, if problem still here then I'm rolling back to Windows 10.
Are you using OptiX or CUDA to render in Blender? Try swapping between the two and see if one is more stable than the other, (for completion's sake, you can try rendering with the CPU and see if it is stable)

Also is there a minidump file created in (C:/Windows/MEMORY.DMP) or (C:/Windows/Minidump) when it bluescreens?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:43 PM