Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My first week of TanTan experience

views

overthinking Human P
post Feb 25 2022, 12:10 PM

Probation
13 posts

i m also following this story...gosh..how old is that girl? why so thirsty?? but then feel sad for TS also, thought he can finally find a girl who can talk along..
Fanvil1534
post Feb 26 2022, 01:46 AM

Enthusiast
807 posts

QUOTE(AshenOne @ Feb 11 2022, 11:28 AM)
Yes quite a number of them have attitude problems.

Seen some profile bio stating "do not text me if you do not have interesting opening conversation, do not talk about work, do not this, do not that...." Then what do you expect us to do?

Another one's bio is "I will not make any effort to reconcile if you piss me off".

Then some of them reply just for the sake of replying, they will not stop replying, but each of their reply is a dead end reply and you need to keep making things interesting, feels extremely one sided.

Sometimes I wonder, what is wrong with them? Can't just behave normally or decently? No one is owing anyone anything...
"Useful" means the girl is just using them for mundane errands but the guy is not getting anything meaningful? Or do you mean they're using the guys for bed? If it is the former, that is called Simp.
I feel you, the chat just feels abnormal in some cases, the decent ones are in the minority, not many but they are there, still able to be found if you just keep swiping.
user posted image
Pewufod
post Feb 27 2022, 01:00 AM

Regular
1,481 posts

sounds like cool story from sasuke
BangBeLogic P
post Feb 28 2022, 12:00 PM

Probation
1 posts

TS communicate in English or Mandrin in TanTan? Because although I know Mandrin, but I can navigate myself way better in English, and I just stop dead on how to even start w'out being generic in mandrin, and that kills me. So just wanna know if using English does it limit my chances to have successful dates?
TSAshenOne
post Feb 28 2022, 02:08 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(BangBeLogic @ Feb 28 2022, 12:00 PM)
TS communicate in English or Mandrin in TanTan? Because although I know Mandrin, but I can navigate myself way better in English, and I just stop dead on how to even start w'out being generic in mandrin, and that kills me. So just wanna know if using English does it limit my chances to have successful dates?
Hello bro, it depends.

If their bio is Chinese, then I will use Chinese.
If not, I use English.
satnam182
post Feb 28 2022, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

Used it for two weeks. Either they are boring or they don't reply. The one person who actually replied and initiated everything etc turns out to be a marketing scam person for a forex trading app. Cibai.
TSAshenOne
post Mar 1 2022, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(satnam182 @ Feb 28 2022, 11:09 PM)
Used it for two weeks. Either they are boring or they don't reply. The one person who actually replied and initiated everything etc turns out to be a marketing scam person for a forex trading app. Cibai.
Yeah because the demand is on their side, probably a lot of males hitting on them, they do not bother to be interesting and want males do all the work, whoever performs the best she will entertain.

Looks like I had a slightly better experience compared to you, at least I matched with some that are not boring, and had dates, but still at the end it all goes nowhere.

Uninstalled too.
Takudan
post Mar 1 2022, 01:32 AM

Enthusiast
834 posts

So far, from what I heard and experienced firsthand, it takes months or even YEARS to meet someone promising. Even then, "promising" only. You still need to go out, meet and talk a few hours, observe, then only you can judge just a little better whether this person is worth more of your time.

Only took you guys weeks to already decide to give up and uninstall? XD says a lot about your perseverance...
Try to stay longer lah, you'll learn to sift through the obvious bad apples more efficiently, so your time can be better spent on potential candidates. Or, if you found some features on TanTan not good then by all means, switch app. Glhf!
-mystery-
post Mar 1 2022, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Mar 1 2022, 01:32 AM)
So far, from what I heard and experienced firsthand, it takes months or even YEARS to meet someone promising. Even then, "promising" only. You still need to go out, meet and talk a few hours, observe, then only you can judge just a little better whether this person is worth more of your time.

Only took you guys weeks to already decide to give up and uninstall? XD says a lot about your perseverance...
Try to stay longer lah, you'll learn to sift through the obvious bad apples more efficiently, so your time can be better spent on potential candidates. Or, if you found some features on TanTan not good then by all means, switch app. Glhf!
i've met over 200 females in the span of 10 years time (on and off), and i dont regret those experiences
it made me stronger and resilient even though i could be full of scars, emotionally.
-mystery-
post Mar 1 2022, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(satnam182 @ Feb 28 2022, 11:09 PM)
i'd agree a little bit, tantan used to be a great app back in 2018-2019
on average i think i have asked out 50 females from that app, alone
justapawn
post Mar 9 2022, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Mar 1 2022, 08:29 AM)
i'd agree a little bit, tantan used to be a great app back in 2018-2019
on average i think i have asked out 50 females from that app, alone
What about your CMB experience???
Same success rate as tantan???

This post has been edited by justapawn: Mar 9 2022, 04:04 PM
-mystery-
post Mar 9 2022, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(justapawn @ Mar 9 2022, 04:03 PM)
What about your CMB experience???
Same success rate as tantan???
how you define success.
If you solely define success as only *meeting up* girls, then yes ive met certain amount of girls.
justapawn
post Mar 9 2022, 06:59 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Mar 9 2022, 04:06 PM)
how you define success.
If you solely define success as only *meeting up* girls, then yes ive met certain amount of girls.
Thanks for answering.
My definition of success rate is number of "meeting up".
CMB vs Tantan vs Tinder
-mystery-
post Mar 9 2022, 08:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(justapawn @ Mar 9 2022, 06:59 PM)
Thanks for answering.
My definition of success rate is number of "meeting up".
CMB  vs  Tantan vs Tinder
20 vs 54 vs 32
if no mistaken
peerlessmonarch P
post Apr 13 2022, 02:04 AM

Probation
29 posts

QUOTE(AshenOne @ Feb 22 2022, 02:32 PM)
I took a day's COVID vaccination leave yesterday for the booster, and arranged the date with 1 of my TanTan matches right after the booster shot.

She is elder than me by a few years, but age is just a number, to keep it simple, let's just say she's very desirable, to me. We had a great time together, we went to arcades to play, we especially enjoyed the basketball game, I couldn't beat her score, luckily she thought I was just letting her win, and be happy about it.

Then we both share the same desire for Family Mart's green tea ice cream, she told me she couldn't finish 1 cone, and prefer we buy 1 cone and just share it. I was a bit reluctant but at the end give in. Then we found a place to sit down and just enjoy our time there, talking about stuffs, past future present those things.

At some point the topic started to become heavy for my taste, she told me she was supposed to be married by now if she didn't ask for a breakup in the heat of argument with her bf. I started to sense the urgency of marriage in her tone, she's very looking forward to the ceremony, have kids, be a house wife to focus on the kids, she even came up with names for male and female kids. I just keep listening and listening, seeing her so immersed in this topic.

Towards the end of date, I was going to send her home, before I get out of car park, she took the initiative to kiss me, and then wants to French. I thought it was a harmless move, but then she grabbed my hand and placed it on her chest, now I knew what she wanted. My gut feeling told me do not do it, so I just gently pushed her away and said I did not bring protection, but she said it is fine and do not mind.

My gut feeling at this point further confirmed she might be dangerous, there may be some motive behind, or maybe I was overthinking, it doesn't matter, if my gut says no, it means no. So I stand firm and told her I am just going to send her home. The whole ride was a bit of awkward silence until reaches her home.

I uninstalled TanTan after I reached my home.
Strong will. Commendable to stand for what you believe. What about the chocolate girl? She sounds promising,
HungryBunny93
post Apr 13 2022, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Mar 9 2022, 08:52 PM)
20 vs 54 vs 32
if no mistaken
Any catfisher or scam accounts and unfortunately u asked them out?
-mystery-
post Apr 13 2022, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(HungryBunny93 @ Apr 13 2022, 12:02 PM)
Any catfisher or scam accounts and unfortunately u asked them out?
usually scammers will ask for whatsapp right away
or they wouldnt accept any of your video call
so no, just some china accounts should be aware of
Juggerballz
post May 5 2022, 07:32 PM

Casual
333 posts

Updates?
dattebayo
post May 8 2022, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,331 posts