Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Facebook account got locked?

views

TSRiriRuruRara
post Jan 27 2022, 01:59 PM, updated 3y ago

Enthusiast
782 posts

My situation, last night I got an email from Facebook saying there was an unsuccessful login attempt on my Facebook account that I have DEACTIVATED for years.

To safeguard the account I log in wanting to secure it with 2fa. When starting the process b4 it could get completed Facebook locked my account saying there was too many unusual activities.

Now from what I see there is a whole process to confirm my identity which includes me taking a picture of IC as proof.

My question to tech and security experts here is it ok to just leave the Facebook account locked since I don't use it anyway or is it better to gain back access to it?

Would there be any security risk just leaving it lock as it is?Bcs the email I used for that Facebook account is my main email and can't risk it getting compromised.
Muusyc
post Jan 27 2022, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

If your Facebook account is quite empty and you're not using it at all. There is no security risk, let it be locked, but I would suggest you to delete or closed the account.
BTS1501
post Jan 27 2022, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(RiriRuruRara @ Jan 27 2022, 01:59 PM)
My situation, last night I got an email from Facebook saying there was an unsuccessful login attempt on my Facebook account that I have DEACTIVATED for years.

To safeguard the account I log in wanting to secure it with 2fa. When starting the process b4 it could get completed Facebook locked my account saying there was too many unusual activities.

Now from what I see there is a whole process to confirm my identity which includes me taking a picture of IC as proof.

My question to tech and security experts here is it ok to just leave the Facebook account locked since I don't use it anyway or is it better to gain back access to it?

Would there be any security risk just leaving it lock as it is?Bcs the email I used for that Facebook account is my main email and can't risk it getting compromised.
Do not give out your IC details, should be scam. NO one will request for IC details for any website login. There are a lot of facebook hacked nowadays, through a fake link and then asking you to login and then steal your username/password.

Did you check the address, is it facebook.com or something else ?
Muusyc
post Jan 27 2022, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(BTS1501 @ Jan 27 2022, 04:10 PM)
Do not give out your IC details, should be scam. NO one will request for IC details for any website login. There are a lot of facebook hacked nowadays, through a fake link and then asking you to login and then steal your username/password.

That's very true. Always be alert, do not click any given link in your email.
TSRiriRuruRara
post Jan 27 2022, 05:41 PM

Enthusiast
782 posts

QUOTE(Muusyc @ Jan 27 2022, 02:58 PM)
If your Facebook account is quite empty and you're not using it at all. There is no security risk, let it be locked, but I would suggest you to delete or closed the account.
I think it have a couple of pictures and nothing really important.
Didn't know there was a delete option. Would have chosen that option instead of deactivated.

QUOTE(BTS1501 @ Jan 27 2022, 04:10 PM)

Yes it's legit Facebook, the first link on Google.
Actually beside IC there other option on the list list drivers licence, married cert etc..
Muusyc
post Jan 28 2022, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(RiriRuruRara @ Jan 27 2022, 05:41 PM)
I think it have a couple of pictures and nothing really important. 
Didn't know there was a delete option. Would have chosen that option instead of deactivated.
How do I permanently delete my Facebook account?
How do I permanently delete my account?
https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

TSRiriRuruRara
post Jan 28 2022, 08:53 AM

Enthusiast
782 posts

QUOTE(Muusyc @ Jan 28 2022, 12:03 AM)

But now should I leave my account locked or go through the confirm identity process which need a photo verification like IC or driving licence.
Can't delete the account while it is lock.
Muusyc
post Feb 5 2022, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(RiriRuruRara @ Jan 28 2022, 08:53 AM)
But now should I leave my account locked or go through the confirm identity process which need a photo verification like IC or driving licence.
Can't delete the account while it is lock.
That's a question you have to answer yourself. We can't decide that for you, right?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:50 AM