Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What age is too old for guys

views

TSflying_manatee
post Jan 27 2022, 02:04 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
208 posts

So I'm trying to date this girl I really like, but no guarantees it will work out of course.

As a guy, what age do you think I should just give up / settle for whichever girl will take me? I'll be 35 this year come my birthday. So wondering is there a hard expiry date for guys or not.
TSflying_manatee
post Jan 28 2022, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Jan 27 2022, 03:37 AM)
I don't believe in "settling". Or at least, not in the way most people do.

To me, finding someone means to find the other half who:
- can put up with your bullshit
- you can put up with their bullshit
- is good enough for you
- you're good enough for them

So whoever that comes along and makes you question hard enough, by all means you should try your best to answer all the questions you have...
Any deal breaker or red flag?
Is she doing something about her problems?
How is she taking in the bad things, be it criticisms, misunderstanding, unfortunate events etc?

That person may not be "hot/handsome", but if they turn you on, why not?
That person may be earning less, but if they're financially responsible and still striving for more, why not?

So, yes, don't settle for crazy/"whoever", but average is great.
I guess yes but what if the level I have to settle for by then will be someone who doesn't turn me on, has no good qualities whatsoever etc. as by that time I'm too old already. The thought is rather horrifying.

QUOTE(nihility @ Jan 27 2022, 06:04 AM)
It depends on what you want from the relationship after that - married without children or married with children.

Married without children - no expiry.

Married with children, there will be constraints to be looked upon. If you are a responsible husband & father, you need to look into the following constraints:-

1. The age of your last/youngest children to graduate from college/university (use the worst case path / longest duration) - say graduated at 24 y.o.
2. The age that you can actively finance the above - retirement age 60 y.o

Ideally for normal male, planning to get children, 60-24 = 36 y.o. If you can work beyond 60 y.o / self employed with business, you can further stretch it to your biological life expectancy say around 70 y.o. If 70-24 = 46 y.o. If you have sufficient resources to raise the children without having to rely on active income source, this issue could be non existence.

If you expect more than just to see your children graduate, you want to see your children get married & see your grandchildren before you leave this world - another more complex planning to be worked out by yourself.
I'd like kids but it's not a 100% must. Having said that my dad had me at 41 and I got through college though

QUOTE(lawrencesha @ Jan 28 2022, 12:08 AM)
The ony question that really matters - got money or not?
Not really unfortunately. Just under k/ salary level
TSflying_manatee
post Feb 5 2022, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(Obosh @ Jan 28 2022, 11:28 PM)
Many already said. It's all about the $ baby.

Age too old to date = 30 + (liquid_net_worth/200000)
Wait sorry what? I don't get this formula. Ok so if my liquid net worth is 1 mil then by 35 is my max to date right?

QUOTE(silverhawk @ Jan 28 2022, 11:56 PM)
You're a man, just keep yourself fit and healthy and you can date even at 60 years old.
Hmmmmm that's the part I'm not sure about, I'm afraid guys face a fading looks / age disqualifier situation too

QUOTE(Takudan @ Jan 29 2022, 12:37 AM)
"Horrifying" sounds just the right word to describe a situation of being with the wrong person long term, draining your sanity daily. Yes, it'd be better if you're alone for life, that's why don't settle for "less" i.e. what you can't handle.

Keep trying and hope for the best, I might sound obnoxiously optimistic, but well it's because it has so far worked out for me! I didn't believe in online dating, but tried it anyway, probably had 30 matches but less than 5 made it to meet ups, and only one worked out so far. Great for me, cuz one is all I need for now haha.

I'm not so optimistic for ladies especially if one approaches menopausal age, because that's when the "crazy old bitch" gets a lot of emotional outbursts. However for men, you guys are luckier in the hormones department, you'll age steadily and heck, you can still look good with wrinkles. So don't worry about your age and enjoy your time with her!
Oh my ex was from online dating also. But getting less and less lucky hence the age worry. Congrats though on yours! Many lady friends of mine tell me they had really bad experiences.

QUOTE(Shanks747 @ Feb 1 2022, 12:54 AM)
As long you have money, good health, decent body ,proper grooming....you good for a longer time. you need to ask yourself what you want from the relationship then you will know what to do.
Ok problem is I don't have money HAHHAHAHA
TSflying_manatee
post Feb 6 2022, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 6 2022, 02:39 PM)
dont u know that women like older financially stable men?
Ok question, what do you guys think of as financially stable?

QUOTE(silverhawk @ Feb 6 2022, 03:10 PM)
Fundamentally, its the difference between

"I know how to have fun, you look like you want some fun, come join me"

vs

"Am I attractive enough for you?"

If you can figure out the difference, you will get your answer
Ok that's a very good point hawk, I'll think about that. Not sure if I know how to have fun though...
TSflying_manatee
post Feb 6 2022, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(InitialB @ Feb 6 2022, 08:53 PM)
You got lui anot?

Got lui if you retired at 60 also girl girl think u 35 only
Ok the thing here is I have no idea what is the definition of got lui

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled