Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Email asking for interview result

views

MalcomShorten
post Jan 30 2022, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jan 20 2022, 09:42 AM)
Went to an interview last week (thursday), screwed up abit in the front part (interviewer demanded a self introduction which would amaze him, ayam terkejut and screwup abit, but eventually picked up and the interview process went on for around an hour+) In the end the HR and the HOD told me they will get back to me in 2 weeks regarding the result.

My question is, would it be rude if I email the HR and goreng abit, saying I got another offer but still interested in working for your company and wanna know what's the result (in a more formal and polite way of course)

Thanks sifus for the advice blush.gif  blush.gif
Unless you are very valuable, saying that you got another offer will backfire. If they have a few candidates in mind, they will just let you go instead.

However, if you were head hunted or if you are highly in demand in the market, it would help you in the sense that the HR will follow up your application a bit more urgently. Most of the time, top priority candidates get their applicatiom sign off quicker anyway. As such, my conclusion is you are not a top priority hire by the company and best is to just wait for the news while applying for other jobs.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd July 2022 - 03:43 PM