Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Email asking for interview result

views

TSBlackblade0303
post Jan 20 2022, 09:42 AM, updated 6 months ago

Getting Started
129 posts

Went to an interview last week (thursday), screwed up abit in the front part (interviewer demanded a self introduction which would amaze him, ayam terkejut and screwup abit, but eventually picked up and the interview process went on for around an hour+) In the end the HR and the HOD told me they will get back to me in 2 weeks regarding the result.

My question is, would it be rude if I email the HR and goreng abit, saying I got another offer but still interested in working for your company and wanna know what's the result (in a more formal and polite way of course)

Thanks sifus for the advice blush.gif blush.gif
l4nunm4l4y4
post Jan 20 2022, 09:51 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

No harm in asking.
LuckyBai
post Jan 20 2022, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Instead of telling you have another offer, which you might have or you might not..

Best to let them know that you are very interested to work in their esteemed company and would like to know the results before looking out for other opportunities

This post has been edited by LuckyBai: Jan 20 2022, 09:55 AM
WaCKy-Angel
post Jan 20 2022, 09:55 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,358 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jan 20 2022, 09:42 AM)
Went to an interview last week (thursday), screwed up abit in the front part (interviewer demanded a self introduction which would amaze him, ayam terkejut and screwup abit, but eventually picked up and the interview process went on for around an hour+) In the end the HR and the HOD told me they will get back to me in 2 weeks regarding the result.

My question is, would it be rude if I email the HR and goreng abit, saying I got another offer but still interested in working for your company and wanna know what's the result (in a more formal and polite way of course)

Thanks sifus for the advice blush.gif  blush.gif
Why would u need to goreng? LOL if im the recipient i would just reply "Good Luck on your venture kthxbye"
WaCKy-Angel
post Jan 20 2022, 09:56 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,358 posts

QUOTE(LuckyBai @ Jan 20 2022, 09:54 AM)
Instead of telling you have another offer, which you might have or you might not..

Best to let them know that you are very interested to work in their esteemed company and would like to know the results before looking out for other opportunities
No No No No No

Obviously no any sane person only goes to ONE interview.
berzerk
post Jan 20 2022, 10:09 AM

On my way
679 posts

Went to an interview last week (thursday),
HR and the HOD told me they will get back to me in 2 weeks regarding the result.

why so kancheong? people already say 2 weeks then just wait 2 weeks.

I had a similar situation. Went to interview with X then silence. A month later I interviewed with Y & got an offer after 2 weeks (i.e. T+6w). Only then did I email X to ask them whether they're going to proceed & got a reply within 24 hours with an offer.
TSBlackblade0303
post Jan 20 2022, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

then i dont have upper hand to negotiate already? hahahaha

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jan 20 2022, 09:55 AM)
Why would u need to goreng? LOL if im the recipient i would just reply "Good Luck on your venture kthxbye"
sorry need to rephrase myself, goreng as in to mention i have another offer, not to show off or shove it up their face kinda goreng

QUOTE(berzerk @ Jan 20 2022, 10:09 AM)
why so kancheong? people already say 2 weeks then just wait 2 weeks.

I had a similar situation. Went to interview with X then silence. A month later I interviewed with Y & got an offer after 2 weeks (i.e. T+6w). Only then did I email X to ask them whether they're going to proceed & got a reply within 24 hours with an offer.
cause ayam desperateeee hahaha
WaCKy-Angel
post Jan 20 2022, 11:13 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,358 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jan 20 2022, 10:38 AM)
then i dont have upper hand to negotiate already? hahahaha
sorry need to rephrase myself, goreng as in to mention i have another offer, not to show off or shove it up their face kinda goreng
No need to goreng lah. obviously if u follow up with them its already showing your interest.

Since they mentioned 2 weeks then just wait 2 weeks then u can follow up ask for update. No need to mention anything else.
MrTaxxi
post Jan 20 2022, 11:15 AM

On my way
562 posts

Yes, save the drama.

After 2 weeks if no reply, just email "hi, any updates on my application? kthxbye"
berzerk
post Jan 20 2022, 11:18 AM

On my way
679 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jan 20 2022, 10:38 AM)
if u ask before 2 weeks it signals your desperation. then they can nego your pay lower.
Klsa
post Jan 20 2022, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

don't goreng about having other offer or not...
just say would like to know the result as promised timeline before seek for other opportunity
klehfeh
post Jan 20 2022, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

yeah , telll the truth , doesnt matter
NotCooll
post Jan 23 2022, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

Yup, go for it. No harm asking. That's your own career that you need to fight for!
DoomCognition
post Jan 23 2022, 01:36 PM

On my way
699 posts

No need to goreng. It can work as a double edged sword. They may respond that you can proceed with the other offer first, and they will contact you if you succeed. And if you indeed succeed after say 1 month, they will call you before making LO. They will then likely ask you on your previous offer, then what are you going to say?

If they called your bluff, you may even get some demerit points in their books.
DarkAeon
post Jan 23 2022, 05:20 PM

Enthusiast
716 posts

sometimes ppl think too much when plain old truth is the best
grimreaper05
post Jan 24 2022, 12:12 AM

36 posts

if they are not interested why they even care you got better offer or not.

i personally never send follow up email. waste of time to care

g5sim
post Jan 24 2022, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,283 posts

Agree. Tak payah nak tipu tipu.
teslaman
post Jan 24 2022, 12:15 AM

Casual
424 posts

can ask, not rude, but likely they will decline u as acceptable candidate, u need any result right.
metalfire
post Jan 24 2022, 12:24 AM

Enthusiast
954 posts

Unless if you have a genuine offer in hand, I would not suggest you do that.

If 2 weeks no news from them, then you know where you stand.
xSean
post Jan 24 2022, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,629 posts

no point to call. if hiring manager want you, you will get it. if give a call to follow up can get the job, many will get the job already...
Roboguru
post Jan 24 2022, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

You can try to ask but you will probably get a standard response or non-response.

If you still have the contact details, try calling them up and request for feedback.
MalcomShorten
post Jan 30 2022, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Unless you are very valuable, saying that you got another offer will backfire. If they have a few candidates in mind, they will just let you go instead.

However, if you were head hunted or if you are highly in demand in the market, it would help you in the sense that the HR will follow up your application a bit more urgently. Most of the time, top priority candidates get their applicatiom sign off quicker anyway. As such, my conclusion is you are not a top priority hire by the company and best is to just wait for the news while applying for other jobs.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0412sec    0.75    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd July 2022 - 04:41 PM