Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What if we missed our MyS booster appointment?

views

TSChastain
post Jan 20 2022, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 20 2022, 09:24 AM)
The appointment was on working day and not opened on weekend. My working place is >50km from clinic and I have no more leave left. The clinic called I told them so. Then the clerk (I guess) said okay, find an appropriate date and make appointment. Well, how to find if not opened on weekend. As for MySejahtera it will just create new date. I think not controlled by the clinic.  smile.gif

Yes, I've had my previous 2 doses. That were without appointment. Walked in before even walk-in was available. Can consider I'm helang  laugh.gif
Shite. > 50KM. No choice I guess. I hope of MyS create new date, location is still nearby

I got my 2 doses walk in as well. PPV KLCC. Helang's PPV laugh.gif 1st2 dose quite crowded...1st floor. 2nd dose...ground floor. Not crowded at all.
Zot
post Jan 20 2022, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,824 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 20 2022, 01:13 PM)
Shite. > 50KM. No choice I guess. I hope of MyS create new date, location is still nearby

I got my 2 doses walk in as well. PPV KLCC. Helang's PPV  laugh.gif 1st2 dose quite crowded...1st floor. 2nd dose...ground floor. Not crowded at all.
There is clinic nearby like 2km away but they appoint me to clinic 10km away. So, on Saturday (not working) I just drove by the nearby clinic and ask to have the jab there. They said they never done for those who already have appointment. I told then the appointed clinic not open on Saturday and my work place is far away.

So, they make call to their HQ (I guess) asking. In short while, my appointment in MySejahtera change to that same day same time wink.gif

My 1st dose I walked in and they asked if I have any appointment. I said not really. That time it was only by appointment. They asked if I was asked by appointed clinic to come. I told them yes but said forget the person name who asked me. So, they let me in laugh.gif Not crowded. Only one person in front. Done in less than 30 min I think. This was on work day and went during lunch time.
kiddokitt
post Jan 20 2022, 02:07 PM

Casual
418 posts

If you want Sinovac as booster, book it under SELANGKAH app.
TSChastain
post Jan 20 2022, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 20 2022, 02:03 PM)
There is clinic nearby like 2km away but they appoint me to clinic 10km away. So, on Saturday (not working) I just drove by the nearby clinic and ask to have the jab there. They said they never done for those who already have appointment. I told then the appointed clinic not open on Saturday and my work place is far away.

So, they make call to their HQ (I guess) asking. In short while, my appointment in MySejahtera change to that same day same time  wink.gif 

My 1st dose I walked in and they asked if I have any appointment. I said not really. That time it was only by appointment. They asked if I was asked by appointed clinic to come. I told them yes but said forget the person name who asked me. So, they let me in  laugh.gif  Not crowded. Only one person in front. Done in less than 30 min I think. This was on work day and went during lunch time.
Quite messed up eh MySj. Good thing your reason makes a lot of sense.

So, are you worry about the negative talks about the booster?
Zot
post Jan 20 2022, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,824 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 20 2022, 03:35 PM)
Quite messed up eh MySj. Good thing your reason makes a lot of sense.

So, are you worry about the negative talks about the booster?
For me, vaccine any dose itself is unknown not only booster. It is said the vaccine effectiveness will go away. So, it is the same for vaccine. It does not stay in body for long. The mRNA vaccine need to be kept in very cold temp. After injection, how to last in body temp. The mRNA is said to be traced only for few days. So, booster will not added up to previous vaccine. It is the same as taking 1st dose in my opinion.

They say only rare to suffer blot clot like 1 in million but if you are one of the person, then it is 50:50 you survive or dead wink.gif Yes, no kidding. Treatment to recover is just experimental. It was discovered that certain people with specific gene has high change to get blood clot.

For me, it is not negative talk but reality. Only govt tries to play it down. Manufacturer will emphasize on positive side as usual.

Sinovac, I don't have any effect at all but the Pfizer felt pain muscle at injection area after 2~3 days for several days. Other than that nothing else for me. Each individual not the same. God knows.
KopiChia
post Jan 20 2022, 05:00 PM

Regular
1,557 posts

They dont write what vaccine. You can phone email etc or go there ask. Big ones generally has more than 1 type while clinics one or two type max.

If you miss I guess you can try walk in elsewhere. Can always ask the staff at your old appointment sometimes they allow you to enter. Or wait until next appointment ping on your app
Ewww!
post Jan 22 2022, 02:53 AM

Regular
1,499 posts

Not sure, brah.
I've already completed all 3 doses.
TSChastain
post Jan 22 2022, 05:12 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 20 2022, 04:02 PM)
For me, vaccine any dose itself is unknown not only booster. It is said the vaccine effectiveness will go away. So, it is the same for vaccine. It does not stay in body for long. The mRNA vaccine need to be kept in very cold temp. After injection, how to last in body temp. The mRNA is said to be traced only for few days. So, booster will not added up to previous vaccine. It is the same as taking 1st dose in my opinion.

They say only rare to suffer blot clot like 1 in million but if you are one of the person, then it is 50:50 you survive or dead  wink.gif  Yes, no kidding. Treatment to recover is just experimental. It was discovered that certain people with specific gene has high change to get blood clot.

For me, it is not negative talk but reality. Only govt tries to play it down. Manufacturer will emphasize on positive side as usual.

Sinovac, I don't have any effect at all but the Pfizer felt pain muscle at injection area after 2~3 days for several days. Other than that nothing else for me. Each individual not the same. God knows.
If get my pfizer, probably similar muscle pain sweat.gif Were fine when I got my Sinovac.

This post has been edited by Chastain: Jan 22 2022, 05:13 AM
Zot
post Jan 24 2022, 08:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,824 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 22 2022, 05:12 AM)
If get my pfizer, probably similar muscle pain  sweat.gif Were fine when I got my Sinovac.
Every person is different but my brother case was similar like mine. Probably related to genetic in general.
ScooterBoi
post Jan 24 2022, 09:04 AM

Regular
1,179 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Dec 28 2021, 07:26 PM)
- The free sinovac under Selangor state already fully booked. Unless there is further news of more doses made available, don't waste time...

- Some clinics under ProtectHealth (KKM) do have sinovac booster doses as it is an alternative option if the recipient cannot take other types of vaccines. It is up to the doctor in charge. It depends whether the clinic has sinovac in stock or not.

- KKM's preferred booster is Pfizer. All clinics will have it in stock. It would be a disservice, to the particular clinics that have sinovac too, if these clinics are revealed in open forums, they will be getting too many calls from all over the state and not only calls from their particular neighborhoods.

- What you should do? Best to follow the appointment given in Mysejahtera, and talk to the doctor or staff whether they have sinovac or not. Then make the decision to proceed or not.

- In the meantime, do NOT click and confirm the booster appointment in MySjh. If the appointment is missed, a new appointment (date & venue) would be given 2/3 weeks later.
QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Dec 29 2021, 05:24 PM)
(further to my above post posted yesterday...)

- I got my 1st booster appointment last month, and I missed it (due to some personal reason). Then got another about 3 weeks later at another clinic nearer to my house. Missed it too. Then another appointment, this time even nearer - within walking distance.

- So, went there... and asked whether I can have sinovac as a choice. They say no problem to have sinovac as booster shot. They have limited supply, and not offering it to everyone. Thus if people called and asked, they would simply say "vaccine MySJ give is phizer".

---+---+---

Regarding the booster registeration into MySJ...

Immediately after the booster shot, it would be updated into MySJ.

In the 1st tab, under COVID-19 Vaccination and "Vaccine for ____", it will show a blue tick on Booster Dose, and it is pending for you to reply whether there is any serious side effect after the shot.

After awhile, the blue tick will turned green, and stating Booster Dose completed.

On the profile tab, you will see... the details of Dose 1, Dose 2 and Booster Dose.
- Above posts from another thread.

- I didn't cancel or confirm the 3 appointments.

- Sinovac/Coronavac booster (free) available in some clinics under PICK/ProtectHealth.

- Selangkah still ongoing in February. https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5231827

Namelessone1973
post Jan 24 2022, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 20 2022, 02:03 PM)

So, they make call to their HQ (I guess) asking. In short while, my appointment in MySejahtera change to that same day same time  wink.gif 

My 1st dose I walked in and they asked if I have any appointment. I said not really. That time it was only by appointment. They asked if I was asked by appointed clinic to come. I told them yes but said forget the person name who asked me. So, they let me in  laugh.gif  Not crowded. Only one person in front. Done in less than 30 min I think. This was on work day and went during lunch time.
Really don’t know how they allocate booster shots. For me, the clinic was just less than 2 km away while for my wife they allocate to a clinic close to 40 km away. Both our IC address is the same. My wife rejected as its really too far away and she can’t leave office to go so far. After reject, no new appointment and it’s now close to 3 weeks
Zot
post Jan 24 2022, 10:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,824 posts

QUOTE(Namelessone1973 @ Jan 24 2022, 09:37 AM)
Really don’t know how they allocate booster shots. For me, the clinic was just less than 2 km away while for my wife they allocate to a clinic close to 40 km away. Both our IC address is the same. My wife rejected as its really too far away and she can’t leave office to go so far. After reject, no new appointment and it’s now close to 3 weeks
I have friend like this too. Her appointment was on later date than her husband. I told her to let her husband ask the clinic if she can go for injection the same place and same time. It is up to the clinic. They can arrange the slot. Injection is very fast process. My friend got the appointment the lake her husband. wink.gif

The appointed clinic do have access to MySejahtera to update the status and also do some alteration. This is why we have cases selling fake cert. because the clinic can skip injection and update data saying has been injected. wink.gif
ozak
post Jan 25 2022, 09:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,481 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 19 2022, 02:05 PM)
Hi. As topic. Also, does MyS stated what vaccine would be administered? Me Sinovac for both 1st and 2nd dosage.
I didn't go for the booster shot after giving me a short inform at the end of last yrs.

I give the reason in the MyS and wait for another appointment.

Prefer Pfizer. If AZ or Sinovac, will walk away.
TSChastain
post Jan 25 2022, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 25 2022, 09:22 AM)
I didn't go for the booster shot after giving me a short inform at the end of last yrs.

I give the reason in the MyS and wait for another appointment.

Prefer Pfizer. If AZ or Sinovac, will walk away.
Walk away? You insisted on pfizer? Will they obliged to our preferences?
ozak
post Jan 25 2022, 02:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,481 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 25 2022, 02:14 PM)
Walk away? You insisted on pfizer? Will they obliged to our preferences?
I didn't go for the 1st shot when I know it is Sinovac.

Then go in MyS give a reason want Pfizer.

Wait around 2 weeks for another appointment and arrange me for a Pfizer shot at another center.
TSChastain
post Jan 25 2022, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 25 2022, 02:28 PM)
I didn't go for the 1st shot when I know it is Sinovac.

Then go in MyS give a reason want Pfizer.

Wait around 2 weeks for another appointment and arrange me for a Pfizer shot at another center.
What was your 1st and 2nd dose? Me both Sinovac. So they must give me pfizer correct?
ozak
post Jan 25 2022, 05:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,481 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Jan 25 2022, 04:03 PM)
What was your 1st and 2nd dose? Me both Sinovac. So they must give me pfizer correct?
Pfizer
TSChastain
post Jan 25 2022, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 25 2022, 05:06 PM)
Pfizer
Nice. All three pfizer. I missed my appointment in MySj last Sunday. Still no new date.

This post has been edited by Chastain: Jan 25 2022, 08:17 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0640sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2022 - 10:23 AM