Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Any monkey sightseeing place in Selangor?

views

TSbabyboby
post Jan 12 2022, 04:07 PM, updated 5 months ago

4 posts

Besides the famous monkey sanctuaries like Batu Caves and Kuala Selangor, any other monkey sightseeing place that you know? At least you know they are there everyday. Sometimes the mentioned places are too crowded with visitors, just feel like going to a place with less people and relaxed mood to take some nice photos. I've read about people spotting dusky leaf monkeys near Cheras Taman Ceupacs few years ago, and probably Puchong forest reserve too, but not too sure if they are still available? Many thanks.
vergas
post Jan 13 2022, 11:31 AM

Regular
1,483 posts

If you go to this Taman Rimba Riang at Kota Damansara, there are normally few monkeys near the roadside next to the forest. Few people seems to go there to feed the monkeys..
https://goo.gl/maps/ZRAyQ5tHV5XBGhfN6
lorkh
post Jan 13 2022, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Many monkeys can be found in Bukit Jalil park aka Taman Bukit Jalil...
jetblast
post Jan 13 2022, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
886 posts

Bukit Tinggi have many types of monkeys to be seen. Beruk, monyet, lutong all I have seen just on 1 trip.
TSbabyboby
post Jan 13 2022, 09:02 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(vergas @ Jan 13 2022, 11:31 AM)
If you go to this Taman Rimba Riang at Kota Damansara, there are normally few monkeys near the roadside next to the forest. Few people seems to go there to feed the monkeys..
I'm surprised they can still survive and thrive in an urban area like that. Thanks for the input and valuable info!

TSbabyboby
post Jan 13 2022, 09:17 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Jan 13 2022, 11:33 AM)
Many monkeys can be found in Bukit Jalil park aka Taman Bukit Jalil...
Seriously I passed by kinrara there almost every weekend and I didn't know they even exist. I thought they only can be found near big forest area. After I did a quick search on Google and YouTube, yes you are right, indeed a lot of macaques can be seen. If that's the case then they got no place to go and very depand on human food handout.

Are they in the park every single day? I think maybe can bring my camera to pay a visit and do some exercises as well. But I still can not forget those friendly silvery lutong at bukit malawati Kuala Selangor.

Many thanks, so helpful.

TSbabyboby
post Jan 13 2022, 09:19 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(jetblast @ Jan 13 2022, 11:37 AM)
Bukit Tinggi have many types of monkeys to be seen. Beruk, monyet, lutong all I have seen just on 1 trip.
Haha pig tailed long tailed even no tail everything also got eh? Did u mean the bukit tinggi Pahang btw?

jetblast
post Jan 13 2022, 11:05 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 13 2022, 09:19 PM)
Haha pig tailed long tailed even no tail everything also got eh? Did u mean the bukit tinggi Pahang btw?
Yes Bukit Tinggi Pahang. Saw like the baboon, normal monkey and Lutong the white face monkey. If you stop your car too long they will climb all over so have to be careful. Can be quite aggressive.
dreign
post Jan 13 2022, 11:44 PM

Casual
355 posts

Saw 2 type of monkeys here. There is 1 alpha named King, when a regular visitor shout his name he just casually grab a female monkey and perform doggy style. notworthy.gif

https://www.google.com/maps/@3.1705403,101....3312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@3.1699828,101....3312!8i6656
ayamAnoob
post Jan 13 2022, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Bukit Jalil Park yes monkeys are there everyday

can feed fish at the pond as well, loads of catfish and some other fish i dont know their names

dont go on weekend if you want to avoid crowd.

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 13 2022, 09:17 PM)
Seriously I passed by kinrara there almost every weekend and I didn't know they even exist. I thought they only can be found near big forest area. After I did a quick search on Google and YouTube, yes you are right, indeed a lot of macaques can be seen. If that's the case then they got no place to go and very depand on human food handout.

Are they in the park every single day? I think maybe can bring my camera to pay a visit and do some exercises as well. But I still can not forget those friendly silvery lutong at bukit malawati Kuala Selangor.

Many thanks, so helpful.
ayamAnoob
post Jan 13 2022, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

that part of the pond to feed fish

user posted image
ayamAnoob
post Jan 13 2022, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

monkeys are easily seen roaming along this bridge
user posted image
TSbabyboby
post Jan 14 2022, 12:32 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(jetblast @ Jan 13 2022, 11:05 PM)
Yes Bukit Tinggi Pahang. Saw like the baboon, normal monkey and Lutong the white face monkey. If you stop your car too long they will climb all over so have to be careful. Can be quite aggressive.
Haha yeah, last time I stopped my car and lepak in front of Taman Alam Kuala Selangor also same happened. Those silvery lutong and their cousins will climb up everyone's car and forage for delicious treats. You may occasionally find people taking photo with lutong on their shoulders. Lovely.

Yes white face monkey or dusky leaf or lutong cengkong as they are called, are beautiful species and also the most sought after by pet traders due to their adorable appearance, especially their orange fur infants.

TSbabyboby
post Jan 14 2022, 12:34 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dreign @ Jan 13 2022, 11:44 PM)
Saw 2 type of monkeys here. There is 1 alpha named King, when a regular visitor shout his name he just casually grab a female monkey and perform doggy style.  notworthy.gif
Haha what to expect, monkeys behaving themselves. That's what alpha male will do, siring every female in his group to make sure no one is bored!

So these pig tailed and long tailed monkeys frequent the Taman TAR area on daily basis? The jalan 1 big loop that you showed me, are outsiders allowed to go in or is there any security check?

On the Alamy website that I usually shared my photos, someone spotted dusky leaf monkeys near Kemensah area, maybe because very close to national zoo and forests.

These pig tailed monkeys should be grateful living there carefree, otherwise if they lived near kampung they will be trained to pick coconuts haha!

Thanks for sharing location, should be my near future trip when I visit my parents at Ampang.

TSbabyboby
post Jan 14 2022, 12:36 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(ayamAnoob @ Jan 13 2022, 11:54 PM)
monkeys are easily seen roaming along this bridge
user posted image
Thanks a lot bro for showing great details, that should make my venturing easier. Yes I've seen netizens shared photos of those macaques are usually taken along the bridge, since monkeys prefer riverine or watery areas as their habitat.

As for the fishes, I doubt people can go fishing ikan keli there, this is a great park with lots of meaningful activities can be done.

Strike Eureka
post Jan 15 2022, 12:47 AM

30 posts

Genting Highland banyak....otw up before Goh Tong Jaya
nihility
post Jan 15 2022, 07:36 AM

Casual
494 posts

No need to go far. TTDI Park got alot.

Alternatives:-

FRIM at Selayang.

Shah Alam Botanic Garden.

Kepong Botanic Garden.

Road connecting Kg.Kundang to Rawang.

Templer Park.
jibpek
post Jan 15 2022, 07:42 AM

Casual
424 posts

Mount Emei
dreign
post Jan 15 2022, 01:57 PM

Casual
355 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 14 2022, 12:34 PM)
Haha what to expect, monkeys behaving themselves. That's what alpha male will do, siring every female in his group to make sure no one is bored!

So these pig tailed and long tailed monkeys frequent the Taman TAR area on daily basis? The jalan 1 big loop that you showed me, are outsiders allowed to go in or is there any security check?

On the Alamy website that I usually shared my photos, someone spotted dusky leaf monkeys near Kemensah area, maybe because very close to national zoo and forests.

These pig tailed monkeys should be grateful living there carefree, otherwise if they lived near kampung they will be trained to pick coconuts haha!

Thanks for sharing location, should be my near future trip when I visit my parents at Ampang.
Nope its a public road been there twice only. That was sometime ago lah unless the resident gate up the area.
Not sure what type of monkey. But sure are 2 type cos another group are much smaller body size.
lorkh
post Jan 15 2022, 07:13 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 13 2022, 09:17 PM)

Many thanks, so helpful.
Yeah they're quite numerous; they usually come out in the morning and in the evening AFAIK. I can't say if you can spot them every day coz I don't go there daily. I usually go on Sunday morning & sometimes run there on weekday evening. I don't spot them though every single time I'm there, can say half of the time. They can get aggressive when you have food in hand. Just throw them the food and they'll eat it and leave you alone. Still remember one time I went to a monkey hill in Penang and one wanted to attack us for no reason. My friend pretended to pick up a rock and it backed off.

lorkh
post Jan 15 2022, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(babyboby @ Jan 14 2022, 12:36 PM)
Thanks a lot bro for showing great details, that should make my venturing easier. Yes I've seen netizens shared photos of those macaques are usually taken along the bridge, since monkeys prefer riverine or watery areas as their habitat.

As for the fishes, I doubt people can go fishing ikan keli there, this is a great park with lots of meaningful activities can be done.
Yeah that's accurate, it's easy to find monkeys on the bridge. On the bridge during peak time you can find people feeding fish with bread and the monkeys will come for the bread. Fishing is prohibited.

This post has been edited by lorkh: Jan 15 2022, 07:17 PM
TSbabyboby
post Jan 15 2022, 09:36 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Jan 15 2022, 07:13 PM)
Yeah they're quite numerous; they usually come out in the morning and in the evening AFAIK. I can't say if you can spot them every day coz I don't go there daily. I usually go on Sunday morning & sometimes run there on weekday evening. I don't spot them though every single time I'm there, can say half of the time. They can get aggressive when you have food in hand. Just throw them the food and they'll eat it and leave you alone. Still remember one time I went to a monkey hill in Penang and one wanted to attack us for no reason. My friend pretended to pick up a rock and it backed off.
Normal lah macaques, they think the whole world revolves around their asses. They assumed all tasty food must belonged to them! Lutong are better behaved, even they can be rude by snatching your food at least they don't show aggressive face or easily provoked.

TSbabyboby
post Jan 19 2022, 01:33 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(dreign @ Jan 15 2022, 01:57 PM)
Nope its a public road been there twice only. That was sometime ago lah unless the resident gate up the area.
Not sure what type of monkey. But sure are 2 type cos another group are much smaller body size.
Unfortunately no more monkey feeding place. That road was gated at both ends to prevent cars from driving through. But visitors still can park near the mosque and go in on foot. I think maybe the golf club complained about dirty feeding place and hence the road was closed.

I went there and I spotted a white gibbon and a big beruk walking alone. Then near the slope heading to the apartments uphill stumbled upon another troop of beruk. That area at least got 3 types of monkeys and perhaps more. Well those forests are connected to Titiwangsa Range afterall.

Foxngn
post Feb 22 2022, 09:58 PM

sup,nikka
1,109 posts

Few years back i saw some along the road at ampang, kelab Darul Ehsan

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.82    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th May 2022 - 10:04 PM