Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Property to invest nearby Puchong, Budget max RM500K

views

Timmy Tan
post Apr 5 2022, 10:00 AM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(woolei @ Apr 5 2022, 01:59 AM)
buy that le pavilion, go aim lelong now, few unit available.
Those aiming for Le Pavillion lelong, please take note that double transfer is required ya, so do factor in the extra MOT that you have to pay. Two weeks ago there was 1 unit that people bid until RM655k, if count in the extra MOT will be ~RM670k already, top up a bit can buy from developer already.

This post has been edited by Timmy Tan: Apr 5 2022, 10:00 AM
1ullaby
post Apr 5 2022, 10:00 AM

What The ...
1,784 posts

QUOTE(-CoupeFanatic- @ Jan 4 2022, 10:53 AM)
Bro, only agents will approach you. You think people who knows the answer will tell you exactly what to buy meh?

But to be honest, first property, buy RSKU first or RumahWIP. Use up your quota first, and won't really affect your DSR. You can still buy 2nd house with 90% loan provided your DSR is enough.
Take this advice. There’s one launching in Kinrara soon
Onetwothreeeee
post Apr 5 2022, 03:23 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Timmy Tan @ Apr 5 2022, 09:56 AM)
Investment property in Penang? Only applicable to very limited high class areas that can attract expats or those older apartments near USM that attracts students. Other areas you will have a hard time covering 70% of your monthly commitment.

Penangites either stay with parents or have already bought their own house. And the house price in Penang can be as expensive as KL. It is not uncommon for a RM500,000 condo to be rented out at RM1,200/month.
Picking the right property to invest is another whole story. Gotta look into the economic of a particular property. Also depends on your strategy, some people just wanna find a place to park their cash so he might buy a empty land in penang and leave it there. If you're into cash flow game then definitely you gotta look into the rental instalment.
But from the high level, kl pj and penang are places where high income earner is working and well developed and land is running out. Just suggesting that instead of Puchong, why not look into kl pj penang first. If budget really cannot then only think elsewhere or think about should you really get into property

Just because I say penang good, doesn't mean a 500k condo with 1200 rental in penang is a good buy lol
chainyong
post Apr 5 2022, 04:42 PM

Casual
431 posts

Simple calculation.

Let' say you buy condo RM 450k, developer free all fee to you, legal fee etc all included, and 0% dp, then your loan maximum 35 years with current interest rate about 3.0%, monthly installment about RM 1730. Then your condo monthly maintenance fee about 0.25 per sqft, normal condo size is about 900 sqft, means Rm 225 monthly contribution, so your monthly commitment is about RM 1955.

Just think again, puchong got which medium level condo can rent out Rm 2000 per month? Go i property and check the current market rental.

Don't forget FED is increasing the interest rate aggressively 2022 to suppress inflation, estimated will increase about 2.0%. Malaysia can't hold our OPR at current level if US increase sharply, if we follow half, just increase 1.0%, the monthly installment will increase to RM 1992 + 225.

If you prepare to subsidise the tenant for 1st 5 to 10 year, just go ahead to this investment. If not, please go to find KL those better location
Timmy Tan
post Apr 5 2022, 06:04 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Onetwothreeeee @ Apr 5 2022, 03:23 PM)
Picking the right property to invest is another whole story. Gotta look into the economic of a particular property. Also depends on your strategy, some people just wanna find a place to park their cash so he might buy a empty land in penang and leave it there. If you're into cash flow game then definitely you gotta look into the rental instalment.
But from the high level, kl pj and penang are places where high income earner is working and well developed and land is running out. Just suggesting that instead of Puchong, why not look into kl pj penang first. If budget really cannot then only think elsewhere or think about should you really get into property

Just because I say penang good, doesn't mean a 500k condo with 1200 rental in penang is a good buy lol
From TS post, seems quite obvious that he is looking at rental play and with a limited RM500k budget, so those buy land and wait for capital appreciation play is totally out of the picture. I am from Penang and my parents still stay there. As much as land is running out in Penang, the rental just couldn't catch up, especially in the recent few years. Of course it is still possible to find one that can cover installment, but overall it is much harder than KL and PJ. That is why some Penang people rather invest in Klang Valley properties instead.
Onetwothreeeee
post Apr 5 2022, 08:34 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Timmy Tan @ Apr 5 2022, 06:04 PM)
From TS post, seems quite obvious that he is looking at rental play and with a limited RM500k budget, so those buy land and wait for capital appreciation play is totally out of the picture. I am from Penang and my parents still stay there. As much as land is running out in Penang, the rental just couldn't catch up, especially in the recent few years. Of course it is still possible to find one that can cover installment, but overall it is much harder than KL and PJ. That is why some Penang people rather invest in Klang Valley properties instead.
Thanks for your input. Kl pj only then
SitiNorhaliza1970
post Dec 2 2022, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(z3r0717 @ Jan 3 2022, 02:35 PM)
Please educate yourself by watching Youtube from experts like
https://www.youtube.com/c/Iherng/playlists

I learnt a lot and also got my first property.
go to research when buying property coz this is a lifetime investment

SitiNorhaliza1970
post Dec 2 2022, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Jan 3 2022, 02:32 PM)
Hi,
I would like to buy a house to invest/rent and my max budget is around RM500K including all those legal fees.
I prefer serviced residency and nearby Puchong. If possible easy to rent the unit and can pay the loan with the rental amount.
I need advice/suggestions from sifus here to buy which area/property. Sorry, this gonna be my first property. So I'm kind of noob. Thanks in advance
Puchong property now also getting more expensive..to rent and invest..mostly need to look at other factor as well..like public transport, school etc

For RM 500K very tight if you just look around Puchong..why not look a bit out from Puchong like Putra Heights area..matured and freehold township. Check out the Putra Height Sentral by Sime Darby. With 2 LRT lines and many retails, banking etc..a good place to stay with ample of parks around.

SitiNorhaliza1970
post Dec 2 2022, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(Timmy Tan @ Apr 5 2022, 10:00 AM)
Those aiming for Le Pavillion lelong, please take note that double transfer is required ya, so do factor in the extra MOT that you have to pay. Two weeks ago there was 1 unit that people bid until RM655k, if count in the extra MOT will be ~RM670k already, top up a bit can buy from developer already.
ya for lelong cases..the price is excluding other misc fees like owing the management fees etc..so it may seems cheap but in reality may not so do your research carefully..
se800i
post Dec 6 2022, 05:52 AM

Regular
1,893 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Jan 3 2022, 03:32 PM)
Hi,
I would like to buy a house to invest/rent and my max budget is around RM500K including all those legal fees.
I prefer serviced residency and nearby Puchong. If possible easy to rent the unit and can pay the loan with the rental amount.
I need advice/suggestions from sifus here to buy which area/property. Sorry, this gonna be my first property. So I'm kind of noob. Thanks in advance
Are you still looking for property nearby Puchong?

TSbibirbieber
post Dec 9 2022, 03:21 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(se800i @ Dec 6 2022, 05:52 AM)
Are you still looking for property nearby Puchong?
i already purchased one in puchong. thanks
se800i
post Dec 9 2022, 05:06 PM

Regular
1,893 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Dec 9 2022, 04:21 PM)
Congrats
Sephilo
post Dec 9 2022, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Dec 9 2022, 03:21 PM)
Congrats rclxms.gif ... condo or landed hmm.gif
Najibaik
post Dec 9 2022, 05:45 PM

Regular
1,164 posts

is a simple mindset for first timer

with 500k I can buy a 3 rooms unit 800sf at Puchong
or I can buy a 2 rooms unit 650sf near KL city centre

Why not I choose 3 rooms 800sf? can rent higher right?

Hence people wanna invest in puchong cuz more worth their value of money

I would say depends on what you want, if you want ownstay puchong there are plenty of landed of course price is higher but is available
(FYI if you work at KL PJ and you have to wake up and start driving and kena jam in 6am in the morning then you can stay in Puchong lol)

Invest for me as long as you can cover installment I would say everywhere is a good investment, tho the question is can Puchong condo fetch you rental return of RM2300 (including maintenance fees) to cover a 500k loan property?

If can then no problem oredi
TSbibirbieber
post Dec 12 2022, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(se800i @ Dec 9 2022, 05:06 PM)
Congrats
landed. subsale
se800i
post Dec 13 2022, 06:02 AM

Regular
1,893 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Dec 12 2022, 10:43 PM)
landed. subsale
Good good... Congrats again
se800i
post Dec 13 2022, 06:03 AM

Regular
1,893 posts

QUOTE(bibirbieber @ Dec 12 2022, 10:43 PM)
landed. subsale
Duplicated

This post has been edited by se800i: Dec 13 2022, 06:03 AM
icemanfx
post Dec 13 2022, 09:28 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

Poorperly game is not newly invented or discovered. If rental could cover loan instalments, every other da ma and da shu would be already multiple poorperly landlords, where leave chance to strawberry.

Most influencers are paid promoters, not unlike snake oil seller.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Dec 13 2022, 10:00 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:16 PM