Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Marriage registration procedure at JPN (updated), Same state but different district

views

TSBlofeld
post Dec 30 2021, 10:05 AM, updated 2y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

Hi everyone,

I'd like to clarify does the groom and bride need to have the same address prior to registration?

Based on MyKAD address, let's say one stay in District A and the other stay at District B (of the same state), does one need to change the MyKAD to be of the same address? icon_question.gif

Updated:
See post no 6 below

This post has been edited by Blofeld: Mar 26 2022, 10:06 AM
nordtty
post Jan 1 2022, 08:35 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

No need
tamealphonse
post Jan 6 2022, 03:23 PM

14 posts

No need but you need to register at respective district JPN first before finally submitting form in one JPN
TSBlofeld
post Jan 6 2022, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

QUOTE(nordtty @ Jan 1 2022, 08:35 PM)
No need
QUOTE(tamealphonse @ Jan 6 2022, 03:23 PM)
No need but you need to register at respective district JPN first before finally submitting form in one JPN
do both parties need to be present when you submit the form at the respective branch?

or only one person only need to be present?
Hanapi-ap
post Jan 9 2022, 08:06 AM

25 posts

If different state need to change like mine

Otherwise have to submit the other state too
TSBlofeld
post Mar 26 2022, 09:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

Updated.

Just to share my experience.

Please get ready passport photos (either blue or white background are accepted but both bride and groom must be of the same background). Eg. If bride uses white, groom must also use a white background.

Bring your IC and passport photo.

If the guy stays at District A, need to submit the application form at the JPN office in District A. Guy needs to submit personally to the office. To be safe, bring along the future bride when you submit the form. But the officer didn't ask for the woman's IC.

If the woman stays at District B, need to submit the application form at the JPN office in District B. The woman needs to submit personally to the office. To be safe, bring the guy along. Because for my case, the officer asked for my IC when I was there. By right, I don't need to be there but luckily I was there. So, it really depends on the officer.

The above is the same for those groom and bride who are staying in a different state. They need to submit individually to their respective JPN office in that particular district.

If you want convenience to avoid going to two separate JPN offices, then either one or both change to the same address by renewing your IC. Then just need to submit the application for marriage in only one JPN office in that one respective district.

But to renew your address in the IC, you need to have evidence that you are staying there. So you need to bring like employment letter, electric bill, water bill, etc to show them. Just one will do, no need to bring all but for sake of safety, just bring all in case the officers are particular.

After that, wait for 21+1 days before you can collect back the notice for 21 days. Then make arrangement with the JPN officers when you want to register at which JPN office.

They will give you either two envelopes or only one envelope to keep depending on whether you submitted your application separately to two JPN offices or only one JPN office. You need to bring that envelope(s) on the day of the ROM.

You can choose to register your marriage at any district regardless you are from District A or B.

On the day of registration of marriage (ROM), bring that envelope(s) with you (compulsory). You must bring along two witnesses (compulsory) and you can also bring your personal photographer along (Not compulsory). You need to pay RM10 to register your marriage.

The total cost is RM10 x 2 = RM20 for submitting to the application for marriage at two JPN office.

and also the ROM = RM10.

The total cost is RM30.

The above is only for those who intend to register their marriage at the JPN office.

Due to covid, there is a limit on how many people you can bring along to the JPN office for the ROM.

For my case, the groom's parents and the bride's parents and the personal photographer were allowed into the ROM office inside JPN.

Total person that went in were 7 people.
Micky78
post Jul 13 2022, 03:21 PM

Regular
1,094 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Mar 26 2022, 09:57 AM)
Updated.

Just to share my experience.

Please get ready passport photos (either blue or white background are accepted but both bride and groom must be of the same background). Eg. If bride uses white, groom must also use a white background.

Bring your IC and passport photo.

If the guy stays at District A, need to submit the application form at the JPN office in District A. Guy needs to submit personally to the office. To be safe, bring along the future bride when you submit the form. But the officer didn't ask for the woman's IC.

If the woman stays at District B, need to submit the application form at the JPN office in District B. The woman needs to submit personally to the office. To be safe, bring the guy along. Because for my case, the officer asked for my IC when I was there. By right, I don't need to be there but luckily I was there. So, it really depends on the officer.

The above is the same for those groom and bride who are staying in a different state. They need to submit individually to their respective JPN office in that particular district.

If you want convenience to avoid going to two separate JPN offices, then either one or both change to the same address by renewing your IC. Then just need to submit the application for marriage in only one JPN office in that one respective district.

But to renew your address in the IC, you need to have evidence that you are staying there. So you need to bring like employment letter, electric bill, water bill, etc to show them. Just one will do, no need to bring all but for sake of safety, just bring all in case the officers are particular.

After that, wait for 21+1 days before you can collect back the notice for 21 days. Then make arrangement with the JPN officers when you want to register at which JPN office.

They will give you either two envelopes or only one envelope to keep depending on whether you submitted your application separately to two JPN offices or only one JPN office. You need to bring that envelope(s) on the day of the ROM.

You can choose to register your marriage at any district regardless you are from District A or B.

On the day of registration of marriage (ROM), bring that envelope(s) with you (compulsory). You must bring along two witnesses (compulsory) and you can also bring your personal photographer along (Not compulsory). You need to pay RM10 to register your marriage.

The total cost is RM10 x 2 = RM20 for submitting to the application for marriage at two JPN office.

and also the ROM = RM10.

The total cost is RM30.

The above is only for those who intend to register their marriage at the JPN office.

Due to covid, there is a limit on how many people you can bring along to the JPN office for the ROM.

For my case, the groom's parents and the bride's parents and the personal photographer were allowed into the ROM office inside JPN.

Total person that went in were 7 people.
KL and Selangor consider different state, correct? sorry for stupied question

TSBlofeld
post Jul 13 2022, 03:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

QUOTE(Micky78 @ Jul 13 2022, 03:21 PM)
KL and Selangor consider different state, correct? sorry for stupied question
Definitely different state and different district.

It's the same like during the MCO. Cannot cross district.

Those staying in District A must submit the 21-day form in District A JPN office. Those staying in District B must submit the form in District B JPN office.

But for the ROM, you can choose to register at any district
Human Nature
post Oct 11 2022, 11:01 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,130 posts

Tumpang thread.

At the JPN_KC02 form, there is one requirement as follows:

A person applying for marriage must reside in the marriage district for a period of not less than 7 days (for marriage solemnized at National Registration Department only)

and there is also a declaration for that.

If we are from the same state/district in NRIC but one of us is working in overseas and only return for few days prior, does it mean we are violating this? Or if we choose not to do the solemnization at the JPN office, we can disregard this clause?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Human Nature: Oct 11 2022, 11:03 PM
Femsroot
post Oct 11 2022, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

Huh? I’m malied but no susah. Wife n I other other states. Just go Jln duta. Chop sign. Laugh laugh laugh come out become kambing. Y u so susah one?.
TSBlofeld
post Oct 12 2022, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 11 2022, 11:01 PM)
Tumpang thread.

At the JPN_KC02 form, there is one requirement as follows:
and there is also a declaration for that.

If we are from the same state/district in NRIC but one of us is working in overseas and only return for few days prior, does it mean we are violating this? Or if we choose not to do the solemnization at the JPN office, we can disregard this clause?

Thanks
as long your NRIC is from same district, no issue. They wont go to that extent of checking whether you are residing there or not.

QUOTE(Femsroot @ Oct 11 2022, 11:05 PM)
Huh? I’m malied but no susah. Wife n I other other states. Just go Jln duta. Chop sign. Laugh laugh laugh come out become kambing. Y u so susah one?.
That's probably because u registered at Jalan Duta. Not everyone is at Klang Valley area.
xHj09
post Nov 15 2022, 11:28 PM

Your Friendly Neighborhood
1,392 posts

QUOTE(Femsroot @ Oct 11 2022, 11:05 PM)
when were you married sir?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:58 PM