Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Recommended acoustic guitars around RM1500-RM2500? (Guitars)

views

TSslipperyvaseline P
post Dec 27 2021, 01:04 AM, updated 5 months ago

Probation
1 posts

I'm planning on visiting Bentley Music and Music Bliss to buy a new guitar and the majority of guitars are from Ibanez, Cort, Yamaha, and some Takamine. Maybe Taylor and Martin but I think that’s out of the question with my budget. I’ve been looking at the Ibanez AE series(AE315, AE245, AE205) which I think is really attractive but I’ve not tried one yet. My current guitar is the Yamaha F310 and i've been playing more than a year, if that helps. So what do you guys think?

pmvic96 P
post Dec 27 2021, 12:59 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(slipperyvaseline @ Dec 27 2021, 01:04 AM)
I'm planning on visiting Bentley Music and Music Bliss to buy a new guitar and the majority of guitars are from Ibanez, Cort, Yamaha, and some Takamine. Maybe Taylor and Martin but I think that’s out of the question with my budget. I’ve been looking at the Ibanez AE series(AE315, AE245, AE205) which I think is really attractive but I’ve not tried one yet. My current guitar is the Yamaha F310 and i've been playing more than a year, if that helps. So what do you guys think?
Any other brand you're into? I just got myself a Naga Guitar Sungha Jung Series last month. Naga Guitar is a brand from Taiwan tho. This brand is quite famous among fingerstyle guitarist. You may search for this Facebook page : Spectrum Music Alma
Even tho they are based in Penang, but the owner often travel to Kuala Lumpur, he can arrange a guitar testing session for you.
ssyycc
post Jan 23 2022, 10:27 AM

Mr.
920 posts

QUOTE(slipperyvaseline @ Dec 27 2021, 01:04 AM)
The second guitar will be the most difficult decision to make.
The main factors may be which area is more important to you.

- Look of the guitar
- Nut width - strumming vs finger picking
- Tone - Tone woods? (Use earphone to listen to youtube demo from different channel, they are mostly accurate)
- Function - need electronics?

You could then rearrange the list above and you will be able to finalised the candidates.

Upgrade from laminated guitar, I will definite suggest solid top but not full solid as it's too expensive.
For mid price guitar above 1K, any professional could help to setup up
- Trust Rod adjust (need to be very careful)
- File Nut and Saddle (Don't do it your self)
and the guitar will be easy to play and sound beautifully.

This post has been edited by ssyycc: Jan 23 2022, 10:32 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th May 2022 - 05:32 PM