Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to make the car quieter?, Change tyre or add sound proofing?

views

amscouzach57
post Dec 8 2021, 10:46 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(jackyyong @ Dec 7 2021, 02:43 PM)
I have a Vellfire ANH20. I feel it's very noisy, I can hear all sorts of noise from the road, motors zipping beside me, the tyre hitting uneven surfaces on the road. I checked, the tyre is 5 years old, but still has more than 60% thread.

So here's the question, what can I do to reduce the noise coming into the car? For the same price (around RM2k), I can change all 4 new tyres, or I can add sound proofing to the doors and floors.

Which one would be the better solution?

Anybody who did sound proofing can share their insights? Especially if you have done on the Alphard / Vellfire?
To start,

1. Cheaper route, change to low noise tyres, soundproof the wheel arcs/well, use thicker floor mats
2. Next step if wanna go bonkers, soundproof the floor, door cards & engine fire wall.

Prepare to spend at least rm10k+ for a car as big as Alphard to do all this
IamAHuman
post Dec 8 2021, 07:16 PM

Casual
339 posts

QUOTE(jackyyong @ Dec 7 2021, 02:43 PM)
I have a Vellfire ANH20. I feel it's very noisy, I can hear all sorts of noise from the road, motors zipping beside me, the tyre hitting uneven surfaces on the road. I checked, the tyre is 5 years old, but still has more than 60% thread.

So here's the question, what can I do to reduce the noise coming into the car? For the same price (around RM2k), I can change all 4 new tyres, or I can add sound proofing to the doors and floors.

Which one would be the better solution?

Anybody who did sound proofing can share their insights? Especially if you have done on the Alphard / Vellfire?
Don't ever consider the autofoam solution. It doesn't improve sound proofing. It DOES tighten up your handling but if you'll lose comfort at the same time. After you install and If you don't like it, tough luck! You'll need to accept it or sell off the car coz you can't remove the autofoam.

Change tyres first. Try primacy 4 or T005s.
gahpadu
post Dec 8 2021, 07:52 PM

Regular
1,411 posts

2k not enough..

Atleast 5k just for soundproof. Different part need different type of material. New tyres make shread out 50% noise
Eternalgl0ry
post Dec 8 2021, 08:59 PM

Casual
447 posts

Autofoam can be choose to select which area to foam

Cars like Suzuki Jimny is hollow like milo tin. That car 100% need autofoam

Normally professionals will test out the nvh and ask you what do you want before doing it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:02 PM