Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Girls, do u date for companionship or for marriage

views

Takudan
post Dec 2 2021, 07:46 PM

Enthusiast
834 posts

QUOTE(gundamsp01 @ Dec 2 2021, 03:40 PM)
not a woman but, i am a man looking for a relationship which ultimately lead to marriage without children.
Maybe i am the weird one out there, want marriage, but no children. want no children yet want to get married.
I am just the kind who doesn't like to do things without a goal. If remain bf/gf forever without any kind of knot? Nah, not my thing.
I'm on the same boat, just that 1) I'm speaking on ladies' perspective 2) I'm still undecided on childbearing. Also, I see this more practically/realistically: the knot has legal meanings/benefits.

In case of your departure, you want your partner to be able to move on with their life without you physically, but still have your support - being married allows automatic inheritance, it saves your spouse the trouble to claim and whatnot. Also, there's group insurance benefits offered by companies (assuming you work in one with such benefits). There are many things you can enjoy as a legal couple.

Above all, I also agree with you that commitment, loyalty, responsibilities all that do not come AFTER marriage. It automatically comes as you progress deeper into your relationship where you start considering your other half a "family". Their problems become yours and likewise.

This post has been edited by Takudan: Dec 3 2021, 01:08 AM
Life_House
post Dec 2 2021, 11:54 PM

Casual
493 posts

not a woman but, i am a man looking for a relationship which ultimately lead to marriage without children.
Maybe i am the weird one out there, want marriage, but no children. want no children yet want to get married.
I am just the kind who doesn't like to do things without a goal. If remain bf/gf forever without any kind of knot? Nah, not my thing.
You're really not weird. Look at Ekin Cheng, Tony Leong, etc.. so many examples.
It's just whether both parties on same life directions.

viole
post Dec 3 2021, 06:19 PM

KFC Lover
838 posts

QUOTE(kitkat86 @ Dec 2 2021, 05:47 PM)
Marriage will limit yr freedom to a certain extent. For example, yr spouse might expect u to do household chores/run errands with her or be home by 8pm after work.
So does this mean that if you are not married, you are not expected to do chores?
andrewtho
post Dec 3 2021, 06:56 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Unfortunately most women these days (not saying all) tends to succumb to peer pressure - especially those between 28-32 years old. They see their peers getting hitched, posting honeymoon photos etc as they move in to the next phase of their life.

While many are still in the 'companion' stage in a relationship, ultimately they still have an end-goal in mind, which is to get married - with or without a child.

I believe clear communication between partners is important. You need to state out your plans and intentions at the early stage to avoid any disappointment from each other.
silverhawk
post Dec 3 2021, 08:01 PM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,737 posts

It is weird, like you said, no goal. However what is the goal of marriage? Marriage is not about the couple, its about bringing families together to support the growth of the next generation. You could say its a societal contract of your commitment to each other, but what is that commitment for?
-mystery-
post Dec 4 2021, 09:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,341 posts

QUOTE(kitkat86 @ Dec 2 2021, 05:47 PM)
Yes, of coz u marry each other bcoz of trust in the beginning but marriage DOESN'T guarantee you that yr spouse will be faithful to u forever. Otherwise why do we see so many cheating stories frm married ppl on this forum?

Marriage will limit yr freedom to a certain extent. For example, yr spouse might expect u to do household chores/run errands with her or be home by 8pm after work.
i always advocate open marriages, i bet 95% of people in this forum dont dare to execute it.
Cause either they're traditional thinking their woman is their 'property', or they don't how to (hence they will close one eye and cheat in marriage)

i don't appreciate this kind of dishonest person, cause they also dont know what they wanted
marriage is a major decision.
Blofeld
post Dec 4 2021, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Dec 3 2021, 06:56 PM)
Unfortunately most women these days (not saying all) tends to succumb to peer pressure - especially those between 28-32 years old. They see their peers getting hitched, posting honeymoon photos etc as they move in to the next phase of their life.

While many are still in the 'companion' stage in a relationship, ultimately they still have an end-goal in mind, which is to get married - with or without a child.

I believe clear communication between partners is important. You need to state out your plans and intentions at the early stage to avoid any disappointment from each other.
Research has already consistently shown that women are more likely than men to be influenced by peer pressure and social media. Of course there are still the outliers (the minority).

Eg.

See others drink buba tea and post on instagram, so I must drink buba tea and post on instagram.

See others travel, so I must travel.

See others getting hitched, so I must do it too.

Shanks747
post Dec 20 2021, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

Men cheating and woman cheating different one....woman thinking men should be loyal to 1 person ??? hello that rule dont apply to Man it only apply to woman. A man cheat if he didnt provide for you (woman) etc : pay the bills , provide for the family, protect you, security , willing to die for you.

Woman cheat if they fuck another man, entertain other man.

Man dont cheat we exercise options....sex for us man is like taking a piss you know that WOMAN !!!

Woman better take accountability.....I know many of woman today dont take accountability. You must ask why your man cheat ? Did you satisfied his sex urge ? did you listen to him ? did you follow his lead ? if not then you are the problem not the Man.

Here another secret for Woman out there if you ever read this. You ALONE can NEVER satisfy a MAN sexual hunger ever !!.

Thats why man and woman are not the same. Cheating for us is not the same also. A Man can fuck over 100+ woman and more and still LOVE his wife the SAME but its not the same as Woman.
ZzZzz...
post Dec 21 2021, 09:11 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

inb4, serious things i observe, most girls nowadays just follow IG hype,
they follow what the hype in IG...

so when they see other ppl go some atas place staycation or wat, then will put expectation on own relationship need to have that goal too...

so i think is more to companionship
cassie_90
post Dec 21 2021, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

As a female at my age, I’m going for companionship. Unless our mindset and lifestyle are so aligned that I might consider to move it to something serious if both party consent to it. Im one of those that I don’t want marriage and kids.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 AM