Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is it still possible for me to get full A in SPM?, Might fail spm trials

views

TSNineismyfav P
post Nov 18 2021, 11:46 PM, updated 2w ago

Probation
6 posts

I am currently having spm trial exams but I feel like I know nothing. SPM starts on March, assuming I fail all subjects in this trial. If I start studying hard right now is it still possible to get full A? Honestly I am just aiming for 5 C. But if its possible I want to try my best to get as much A as possible. How should I manage my time and what should I do? Covid had made me lose interest in studying but now I am trying to get my life back together. Any advice would be appreciated
kopiride
post Nov 18 2021, 11:53 PM

Casual
490 posts

QUOTE(Nineismyfav @ Nov 18 2021, 11:46 PM)
I am currently having spm trial exams but I feel like I know nothing. SPM starts on March, assuming I fail all subjects in this trial. If I start studying hard right now is it still possible to get full A? Honestly I am just aiming for 5 C. But if its possible I want to try my best to get as much A as possible. How should I manage my time and what should I do? Covid had made me lose interest in studying but now I am trying to get my life back together. Any advice would be appreciated
More than enough if u start now confirm get full A's. Especially December u have whole month to study.
Please do take advantage of the covid situation. Questions this round will be easier. (Every year also easier and easier to begin with)
TSNineismyfav P
post Nov 18 2021, 11:58 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(kopiride @ Nov 18 2021, 11:53 PM)
More than enough if u start now confirm get full A's. Especially December u have whole month to study.
Please do take advantage of the covid situation. Questions this round will be easier. (Every year also easier and easier to begin with)
Police4896 P

Probation
18 posts

Actually do you have a basic grasp of what is going on in the textbook? Previosuly before covid u usually get how many A ? I think if you are smart and can study fast maybe can get full A.

I think the trick to studying is to not spend all your time on studying, make sure the stuff you study go into your head, and make sure there is variety.
Here my advice:
Take breaks. Once you feel that your brain totally fried, and got block, then take a break. Not like addmath cannot understand brain fry. I'm talking about tired until brain fry. If you tired the stuff you read cannot go in.

Once you study and read something, and you understand it, you have to make sure the stuff that went in, stays in. To make it stay in, you have to pull it out by doing homework or practice exercise. Doing those help you understand it better as well, not everythign is conveyed in the book.

Also, once you get tired of studying Bio for example, switch to something else. Even though Bio textbook got reproduction chapter, you will eventually get tired of it. Switch to studying something totally different, for example Math. If you keep studying the same thing over and over you will get tired of it very quick.

About time management, I can only say try to avoid doing brainless thing, like doomscrolling Instagram, Twitter or Reddit. For entertainment, try watching or doing something a bit longer, for example 30 minute youtube video, a movie, or play sports. Those kind of entertainment will leave you satisfied once it's finished, while social media will not.

TSNineismyfav P

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(kopiride @ Nov 18 2021, 11:53 PM)
Okay thank you I will try my best!!
lordgod P
post Nov 19 2021, 10:18 AM

Probation
22 posts

Are you a science student or art student??
TSNineismyfav P
post Nov 19 2021, 12:39 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(Police4896 @ Nov 18 2021, 11:58 PM)
Actually do you have a basic grasp of what is going on in the textbook? Previosuly before covid u usually get how many A ? I think if you are smart and can study fast maybe can get full A.

I think the trick to studying is to not spend all your time on studying, make sure the stuff you study go into your head, and make sure there is variety.
Here my advice:
Take breaks. Once you feel that your brain totally fried, and got block, then take a break. Not like addmath cannot understand brain fry. I'm talking about tired until brain fry. If you tired the stuff you read cannot go in.

Once you study and read something, and you understand it, you have to make sure the stuff that went in, stays in. To make it stay in, you have to pull it out by doing homework or practice exercise. Doing those help you understand it better as well, not everythign is conveyed in the book.

Also, once you get tired of studying Bio for example, switch to something else. Even though Bio textbook got reproduction chapter, you will eventually get tired of it. Switch to studying something totally different, for example Math. If you keep studying the same thing over and over you will get tired of it very quick.

About time management, I can only say try to avoid doing brainless thing, like doomscrolling Instagram, Twitter or Reddit. For entertainment, try watching or doing something a bit longer, for example 30 minute youtube video, a movie, or play sports. Those kind of entertainment will leave you satisfied once it's finished, while social media will not.
I think I do have a basic grasp but I am not confident about it. Before covid usually only physics A, others mostly just pass but subjects like add math, chem and sejarah i usually fail. Okay thank you so much for the advice!!
TSNineismyfav P
post Nov 19 2021, 12:40 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(lordgod @ Nov 19 2021, 10:18 AM)
Are you a science student or art student??
I am a science stream student
jibpek
post Nov 19 2021, 12:44 PM

Casual
314 posts

SPM is so damn easy.

Trial is normally more difficult than real exam.
iSean
post Nov 19 2021, 01:10 PM

iz old liao.
4,041 posts

Language subjects are much harder to score. If you have hard time to write essays.

5C is possible.

I managed to get 8As campur.
Please aim for A+ not A-.

Just spam through the trial paper from 2020 to 2013, and actual SPM paper from 2003 until 2020 I think should be sufficient for new KSSM syllabus.
TSNineismyfav P
post Nov 19 2021, 03:07 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Nov 19 2021, 01:10 PM)
Language subjects are much harder to score. If you have hard time to write essays.

5C is possible.

I managed to get 8As campur.
Please aim for A+ not A-.

Just spam through the trial paper from 2020 to 2013, and actual SPM paper from 2003 until 2020 I think should be sufficient for new KSSM syllabus.
okay thank you!!
hellothere131495
post Nov 19 2021, 10:17 PM

Casual
306 posts

Yes. It is possible.

I am not a very intelligent person. I worked hard at the last few months before SPM. I ended up getting 10A (mixed).

My friend started to work hard at last 4 months. He ended up getting 8A+ and 2A. Surprisingly, he usually only got 40 marks in normal tests. Sometimes even failed his tests.

SPM is a very easy to score test. Of course, if you want to aim 12A+, it's too late already unless you are above average in intelligence. But for straight A with mixed A+, A, and A-, it can be done.

I think better don't waste time reading the text books repeatedly. Read once is enough already and write down the main points on a note while reading. Then, do the exercise and learn the answers. Memorize the answers. Do all the past year questions and trail questions.

During the last few hours before the exam, read back the notes you've written. Especially history, moral, and biology subjects. Memorize as much as you can.

For math, addmath, chem, and physics. You need to do lots of exercise. Do it as much as you can everyday.

Get hints from experienced teacher if possible. Some of them already can predict what question will come out. Memorize all the answers on the predicted questions.

That's it. Hope you can get good results.

This post has been edited by hellothere131495: Nov 19 2021, 10:30 PM
MalcomShorten P
post Nov 24 2021, 11:06 PM

Probation
32 posts

Just do your best, that is the most important thing.
a19113
post Nov 25 2021, 02:44 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

Ya possible. Moreover the grade threshold will be lowered like always. But there's no more "don't work hard, work smart". You actually have to work hard. And even if you don't achieve straight As, you have nothing to regret because you know that you've tried your best. But if you work so hard, the worst possible outcome for you should be more than satisfactory anyway because there's no way you won't achieve at least 5C. Good luck! thumbup.gif
malz89
post Nov 25 2021, 05:36 PM

Casual
416 posts

To be frank, scoring straight As for SPM doesn't dictate your future.

As a scorer myself, I think it is pretty redundant, rather tending to make me more complacent. SPM standard is rather subpar .. as it is well normalised .. as long as everyone screws up .. not to fret much .. you may even end up with an A for that particular subject.

With hindsight, I wasn't that good, but I was already scoring well for my trials. So, in the end for SPM well it was way way easier. I didn't read much back then (I was quite chill)

But the nightmare started when I was in Uni, despite I did not struggle much but yet compared to now. I do see that I was fundamentally weak .. maybe I have matured more now as an adult.

So what I am trying to say is .. for SPM just cram whatever you want .. you can score easily .. but that should not be the aim of your life .. you should work on your fundamental instead .

Life is a learning cycle

Tingauiskucing
post Nov 25 2021, 05:39 PM

20 posts

Don't worry la. Even I last time trial so bad, by the time SPM could score pulak. Even if you messed up SPM it's not the end of the world. Never stop studying, even after you're so high in the academia. Aight, stop looking down, raise your head and move forward, good luck.
Blofeld
post Nov 26 2021, 10:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,845 posts

SPM is so easy nowadays u can see comments stating they can even get A when they didn't even study one full year ahead.

It's not like more than two/three decades ago where you really need to prepare one full year ahead to get an A.
df569
post Nov 28 2021, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

Believe in yourself, if you really want it badly enough you can achieve great things.

Coming from a SPM2020 graduate, good luck!

This post has been edited by df569: Nov 28 2021, 08:39 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 01:03 AM