Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is SPM cert more important than STPM cert?

views

TSsusukambing
post Nov 17 2021, 03:45 PM, updated 3y ago

17 posts

Is spm cert more important than stpm cert if you have both? I already have a degree cert, and I heard some people said that spm cert is very important and may still be used in the future. People will still more likely to see your spm cert than your stpm cert. Is this true?

I thought when I already have stpm cert, the spm is no longer used just like when you have spm, pmr cert is no longer used.

So, is it really true that spm is the most important high school cert? Of course, I understand that the current degree cert is the most important one. But for previous certs, spm is the most important one?
TSsusukambing
post Nov 23 2021, 03:06 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Just Visiting By @ Nov 18 2021, 03:04 PM)
If you have STPM, SPM is worthless.
Does that also mean, if I have a Bachelor's degree already, my STPM is already worthless? That means, it's ok if I lost my STPM cert because it's basically no longer used except for applying colleges.

QUOTE(Just Visiting By @ Nov 18 2021, 03:04 PM)
The relevance of the certificate follows the order in which they are issued, except postgraduate. Postgraduate is not always sought after so most people are content with a bachelor's degree. Next to a degree would be a diploma (if applicable) or STPM, and then SPM.
Oh. So that means, if I have a Master's degree, my Bachelor's degree is still needed. So, in my resume/submitting academic documents, I no need to show my SPM if I already have STPM. But if I have Bachelor's degree, I no need to show my STPM anymore. But if I have Master's degree, I still need to show my Bachelor's degree.

Is this what you mean, overall?
TSsusukambing
post Nov 24 2021, 09:19 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Just Visiting By @ Nov 24 2021, 07:23 PM)
Okay, perhaps not worthless, but 'inapplicable' in most situations. When you have a degree, STPM is really no relevant anymore.

Yes, if you have a Masters, degree is still very applicable. For many professional courses that are regulated, people recognise the first degree, not the postgraduate Master's. They dictate that your degree must be recognised even if you have a Master's from a recognised university. Degree is actually the most important certificate, much more relevant than Master's.

When you apply for a job as a university graduate, please do not put SPM or STPM anymore. Please don't. Just put in your degree is good enough. Master's is not always needed, and people tend to favour work experience over paper qualifications.
Okay. Thanks so much for the info. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:00 PM