Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA]How to auto start Anydesk, using Zorin os

views

TSn8210
post Nov 15 2021, 05:14 PM, updated 5w ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,620 posts

I am new to linux and have just started Zorin os. It is for my kids to use and play with. I need to install anydesk to help them out with troubleshoot or login because I do not give them the password. But I could not get anydesk to auto boot up. With windows, anydesk will autoboot, and I can easily login, key in password and let them use. With zorin, I must login first, then only go to Internet tab and select Anydesk. How to make anydesk auto boot? Thank you.
TSn8210
post Nov 15 2021, 05:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,620 posts

Thanks... go home and try it out
TSn8210
post Dec 24 2021, 02:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,620 posts

QUOTE(life5tyle @ Dec 14 2021, 08:03 AM)
Manage to get it autorun?

If not, you can try to use the command to enable autorun.
CODE
sudo systemctl enable anydesk.service

I managed to get it to auto boot, following youtube guide. However, the difference between anydesk on windows and anydesk on zorin is,
(A) With windows 10, I do not have to login to a windows user account, anydesk will still connect to the internet, and I can therefore remote login, type in my windows user account password, sign in and start using windows 10.

(B) With zorin, anydesk will NOT auto connect to wifi, until I have login into a user account. Therefore, I must let zorin autologin to a user account first, in order for anydesk to auto boot up, run and connect to wifi. In other words, if I do not let zorin autologin to my user account, anydesk will not work.

But what I needed is, have anydesk boot up, connected, let me login remotely and type the user account password. So for this, I have not managed to get it working.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    1.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd January 2022 - 10:27 PM