Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Steamdeck in Malaysia

views

tester1979
post Jun 10 2022, 09:45 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

I hate scalpers.
There is a special place in after life for them.
Amongst the despicable things to do in otherwise civilized world, scalpers are one of the bottom rung’s.
KomradMikhail
post Jun 17 2022, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Time to add this to your Steam library. Your Deck (check spelling correct!) is going to be happy.

user posted image

azrigamesta
post Jul 4 2022, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Jun 5 2022, 01:39 AM)
received your steam deck yet?

I just got mine yesterday, 6/3/2022.
Been installing some games but have not played a lot on it yet.
Tried Metal Slug X on it and liked it very much.
Felt natural when playing. I think I like this more than Nintendo Switch OLED.

user posted image
WHOA! a real life steam deck.

i only have one question. How's the gyro aiming on it? Is it as good like the Steam Controller's?
tester1979
post Jul 4 2022, 11:48 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(azrigamesta @ Jul 3 2022, 09:33 PM)
WHOA! a real life steam deck.

i only have one question. How's the gyro aiming on it? Is it as good like the Steam Controller's?
have not tried the gyro yet.
honestly, i am not a big gyro fan when the controller is attached to the screen. I can never get used to flipping/rotating screen around to control.
tester1979
post Jul 4 2022, 11:49 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Jun 17 2022, 01:25 AM)
Time to add this to your Steam library. Your Deck (check spelling correct!) is going to be happy.

user posted image
i was looking at this too. but a bit expensive. will wait till the price is cheaper.
I bought FFVIII remastered a few days ago. Fully compatible with steam deck. But have not figured out how to engage the cheats/boost.
KomradMikhail
post Jul 20 2022, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

How f**king ironic! lol.gif

Valve warns it's too hot to use the Deck in the UK now. Due to the heatwave, spiking ambient temperature up and above 40C, yet it's perfectly fine to use the Deck here in MY, but potential owners here having to resort to hot, jacked-up price Decks from enterprising local scalpers.

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: Jul 20 2022, 09:18 AM
KomradMikhail
post Jul 24 2022, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

I should leave some free space for game shader precaching on the Deck. Went overboard with the game installs. 512GB internal + 1TB microSDXC barely enough to install "recent" backlogs, but at least the Deck is helping me go through my backlogs everywhere and anywhere I'm at.

Started thinking about portable keyboard and mouse setup too. Keychron K6 and either Orochi V2 or Basilisk X. Already have an old portable USB-C monitor lying around from my days with the old Switch, although recent introduction of portable USB-C OLED monitors from InnoCN and Prism+ is pulling me to upgrade. Also thinking of a good 65W Baseus powerbank. Gonna continue with what I have first, monitor my usage pattern before any decision to splurge.

KomradMikhail
post Jul 24 2022, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Anyone looking for the smallest bag to carry the Deck around, I just got myself this crossbody chest slingbag. The internal cavity is almost like it's custom-made for the Deck in its case. Slip in a powerbank with cables in, no empty space inside other than the Deck in its case, perfect fit. I prefer to travel light, and with sling bag and its TSA lock zipper carried crossbody on my chest, feels safe to carry in public.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

mystvearn
post Jul 24 2022, 04:01 PM

6,511 posts

maybe wait for AMD RDNA3 or next ryzen G APU's with windows. Then can play on the go. Current 6800U devices are there if you want.
KomradMikhail
post Jul 25 2022, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Setup not yet complete.

Coming from today's Shopee PayDay Sale:

1) KeyChron K6. I would've gotten a NuPhy Air60, if it's not the fact that I work/live in the dark. Nuphy keyboards are poorly backlit, thanks to the low profile tightly packed keycaps. Bluetooth connection to SteamDeck.

2) Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed. Double duty if required on the main Big Boi rig as HyperSpeed mouse, sharing the same connectivity with the HyperSpeed 2.4Ghz single dongle of the BlackWidow V3 Mini 65% Wireless. Bluetooth connection to SteamDeck.

3) 8BitDo Pro 2. Tired of hoarding Xbox Series controllers, not to mention tired of waiting for Microsoft to release the Elite V3. So, cheap and cheerful 8BitDo Pro 2 will do. Bluetooth connection to SteamDeck in docked mode.

Decided to save up not getting the Baseus 65W 30000mah powerbank, already got TWO Zendure 100W SuperTank Pros. Deck charges at 15V variable amperage based on load, with 15V3A providing 45W charge rated by its bundled charger. Both the Zendure 100W and Baseus 65W powerbanks only carry that singular 15V3A PD profile. So buying the Baseus makes no sense in this case.

KomradMikhail
post Jul 26 2022, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

Returnal: The PC version seems to be optimized for Steam Deck.

Spider-Man Remastered next month. And now this Returnal news. Feasting on Deck!

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: Jul 26 2022, 11:12 PM
KomradMikhail
post Jul 30 2022, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

That's right, people. Stop feeding the scalpers. Even if you preorder your Decks RIGHT NOW, you will get it this year.

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: Jul 30 2022, 10:12 AM
TW_tankengine95 P
post Aug 3 2022, 11:02 AM

Probation
30 posts

Anybody tried using EziPoz (from Pos Malaysia) for purchasing Steam Deck?

Quite worried if detained by KASTAM/SIRIM due to the value/electronic items. But it has been a while since I'm buying stuff from US - not sure what is the practice/precaution nowadays.
KomradMikhail
post Aug 4 2022, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

Reserve Steam Deck now in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong via Komodo

We are happy to announce today that Steam Deck is expanding to more regions. With the help of Komodo, Steam Deck will ship later this year in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

We have worked with the team at Komodo for years, and are excited to have their help as our authorized reseller of Steam Deck in these regions. Komodo has just opened reservations on their website here at steamdeck.komodo.jp. Customers with reservations in these new regions will be able to order their Steam Decks starting later this year. The Komodo reservation queue is separate from the reservation queue in NA / UK / EU regions, so the timing of order emails in the currently shipping regions isn't impacted by this announcement.

We're very excited to make Steam Deck available in more places around the world, and hope players in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong will love Steam Deck as much as we do. To help introduce players to Steam Deck ahead of availability in these regions, we are working with Komodo to put together a large booth at the Tokyo Game Show, which will include a large hands-on section. Please stop by if you happen to be in town during TGS, we'd love to see you.

user posted image
Reservation and preorder opening soon for South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Here are the starting prices elsewhere, according to Valve:

NT$ 13,380 in Taiwan
HK$ 3,288 in Hong Kong
KRW 589,000 in Korea
Each translates to around $450 USD.

Meanwhile, scalpers with excess stock scrambling to sell their cutthroat Decks.

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: Aug 4 2022, 10:31 AM
KomradMikhail
post Aug 7 2022, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

The Steam Deck Is An Absolute Backlog Killer.

Reason why I got it in the very first place. Chipping through the long backlog I've inadvertantly developed, the fact that I can sink short bursts of play whenever wherever I want without being tethered to the desk or TV is a killer feature to me.

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: Aug 7 2022, 10:12 PM
XxLCxX
post Aug 9 2022, 12:16 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Aug 4 2022, 09:52 AM)
Reservation and preorder opening soon for South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Here are the starting prices elsewhere, according to Valve:

NT$ 13,380 in Taiwan
HK$ 3,288 in Hong Kong
KRW 589,000 in Korea
Each translates to around $450 USD.

Meanwhile, scalpers with excess stock scrambling to sell their cutthroat Decks.
Anybody tried purchasing from here? Shipping fees supposed to be cheaper as well right
In53cUr3
post Aug 9 2022, 03:25 PM

5 posts

im back
TSskinny-dipper
post Aug 10 2022, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(XxLCxX @ Aug 9 2022, 12:16 PM)
Anybody tried purchasing from here? Shipping fees supposed to be cheaper as well right
Dem... wondering when is SEA turn
TW_tankengine95 P
post Aug 11 2022, 05:20 PM

Probation
30 posts

QUOTE(skinny-dipper @ Aug 10 2022, 03:59 PM)
Dem... wondering when is SEA turn
IIRC, the Steam Controller/Steam Link weren't officially sold in Malaysia also last time and we end up relied on third party resellers for the purchase (similar with XBOX consoles).
KomradMikhail
post Aug 12 2022, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

An honest review and use case, pattern of use/habit that the Steam Deck cultivates/encourages once you settle in to it. I found myself playing more in short bursts whenever I can, playing games I know I'll abandon if I play it on the Big Boi Rig. For example, I'll always in favor of playing AAA games like Elden Ring on the Big Boi Rig versus sitting on the lounge chair playing Inscryption, for example. Which in turn, helps tremendously intrimming my backlog of games and makes me rediscover games I've had in library that I'd almost surely will ignore if I play on my Big Boi Rig. Sometimes in life, you just want to fill it with short bursts of chill out gaming, not dragged out periods of intense super serious ones.

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:44 AM