Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Questions about Maxis Fiber with Astro+Broadband

views

TSweareblahs
post Nov 1 2021, 07:14 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
292 posts

Hi, need to ask some questions about subscribing Maxis Fibre Internet through Astro+Broadband, as Astro won't restrict some channel access if subscribed with Astro+Broadband with Ultra Box (Plug and Play). Because Astro+Broadband's backbone is powered by Maxis Fibre (and also partnership), need to ask some questions here.

1. If subscribing through Astro+Broadband, will I still get the Wi-Fi 6 Router?
2. Am I able to get unlimited mobile data through Maxis through the "Leave us your information and we will contact you soon" form on the Maxis Fiber website? Because I'm an existing Maxis user.
user posted image
3. As the image above that I screencaped from the Maxis website, the what's the difference between this "Astro" option and Astro's own "Astro+Broadband" service?
- Maxis's website is more restrictive on Astro package selection, as it only lets me select until "Super Pack Lite". Maybe I should separate my Astro subscription with Maxis?
- Also, is the Astro service running under IPTV multicast or satellite? Asked Astro on WhatsApp and they said if you subscribe broadband through Astro, it will give you satellite by default.
4. Am I able to enjoy the "Home devices for RM19/month" option if I subscribed through Astro?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by weareblahs: Nov 1 2021, 07:19 PM
youngwolf2k
post Nov 2 2021, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(weareblahs @ Nov 1 2021, 07:14 PM)
Hi, need to ask some questions about subscribing Maxis Fibre Internet through Astro+Broadband, as Astro won't restrict some channel access if subscribed with Astro+Broadband with Ultra Box (Plug and Play). Because Astro+Broadband's backbone is powered by Maxis Fibre (and also partnership), need to ask some questions here.

1. If subscribing through Astro+Broadband, will I still get the Wi-Fi 6 Router?
2. Am I able to get unlimited mobile data through Maxis through the "Leave us your information and we will contact you soon" form on the Maxis Fiber website? Because I'm an existing Maxis user.
user posted image
3. As the image above that I screencaped from the Maxis website, the what's the difference between this "Astro" option and Astro's own "Astro+Broadband" service?
- Maxis's website is more restrictive on Astro package selection, as it only lets me select until "Super Pack Lite". Maybe I should separate my Astro subscription with Maxis?
- Also, is the Astro service running under IPTV multicast or satellite? Asked Astro on WhatsApp and they said if you subscribe broadband through Astro, it will give you satellite by default.
4. Am I able to enjoy the "Home devices for RM19/month" option if I subscribed through Astro?

Thanks.
I generally have the same questions like you, so would be great to hear the feedback(s) from the rest.

1. I'm a current user with Astro IPTV so I'm not eligible for this unlimited mobile data with Maxis although my Astro IPTV broadband is provided by Maxis @ 300Mbps.

2. I've still yet to decide if I want to de-couple my Astro IPTV when the contract expires early next year (due to recontract of IPTV in order to get the newer AC1200 WiFi router) into separate plans using standalone Astro plus a separate Maxis broadband+bundled unlimited mobile data/family plan. I guess if I do this then my Astro will no longer use the IPTV multicast/VLAN and will be on satellite mode? Not sure if the IPTV PVR decoders can support online streaming if satellite signal fails when it rains.

3. Certain channels will be missing if we opt for Astro Plug N' Play with the newer decoders.

Comments/feedbacks greatly appreciated folks.
TSweareblahs
post Nov 2 2021, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Nov 2 2021, 12:40 PM)
...Not sure if the IPTV PVR decoders can support online streaming if satellite signal fails when it rains.
Currently, Astro didn't offer PVR boxes but connected ones. Same 1080i25 signal, but through streaming.
QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Nov 2 2021, 12:40 PM)
3. Certain channels will be missing if we opt for Astro Plug N' Play with the newer decoders.
If you subscribe through Astro + Broadband, you'll unlock all channels. Don't know why Astro did that.
user posted image
...and it's an option on the Astro website. If you subscribe then select "Plug and Play" it will give you a pop-up asking you to subscribe to A+B.

I'm also concerned that Astro will change their backbone ISP anytime.

I asked Astro Version 13A before, and someone said that the internet will be managed by Astro, so if you want to ask about Maxis, you need to ask Astro. Not sure how they will contact Maxis for stuffs.

This post has been edited by weareblahs: Nov 2 2021, 05:45 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0105sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:49 PM