Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> W11 do not support most of the intel gen 7 procs

views

chocobo7779
post Nov 7 2021, 08:08 AM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
13,648 posts

QUOTE(Perspective2021 @ Oct 27 2021, 10:14 AM)
just ran a test on my laptop and found incompatible just because I have gen 7 processor, everything else are meeting the requirement...

www.quora.com/Why-are-7th-generation-Intel-CPUs-not-compatible-to-Windows-11-What-feature-do-they-lack
While it is true that 7th gen CPUs will not be supported for Windows 11, you can still force an upgrade with an ISO, and despite what Microsoft is saying about unsupported PCs will not get updates, that one has been debunked because there are plenty of reports that Microsoft is still providing updates to unsupported PCs icon_idea.gif

The reason why they are 'unsupported' is because of Microsoft's DCH driver requirements needed for stability and performance icon_idea.gif
chocobo7779
post Nov 7 2021, 08:10 AM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
13,648 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Nov 3 2021, 12:29 PM)
it has nothing to do with age. microsoft think it's less stable and more prone to security issue. besides that, it's been a while M$ force everyone to buy new hardware  yawn.gif . i think the last was win98 > winXP era.

sos
Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes. Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99.8% crash free experience.
Technically you don't even need new hardware, all you need is the installation media and force an upgrade tongue.gif

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-11-u...unsupported-pcs

In typical Microsoft fashion, their 'requirements' are never enforced at all (remember Windows 10 upgrade 'deadline' a few years back?) icon_idea.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th January 2022 - 09:51 AM