Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Entry to Sabah after 1st Nov 2021

views

TSDaGreat
post Oct 25 2021, 04:54 PM, updated 3y ago

17 posts

Hi peeps, 1st Nov will be the date where Sabah open it's state border for interstate travel.

According to the entry SOP, we are required to take either one of the following test 3 days before travelling.

"In addition, the individual must take the Covid-19 RT-PCR or RTK-Ag swab (or saliva) test three days before travelling," Hajiji said.

My question is, where should i take the test at, if it is a saliva test?

I know PCR or RTK can be done via health labs. But for saliva test, can i get it done via any private clinic? Or should i take it via health labs as well? Or can i just buy a self test kit and do it my self?

Any info are highly appreciated. smile.gif
Juggerballz
post Oct 25 2021, 05:01 PM

Casual
333 posts

To be safe than sorry (rejected), pay some money and take RTK test. This is to prevent the border security giving all sorts of excuse, say this saliva fake etc etc
aziratul
post Oct 25 2021, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Saliva test can be done in any private clinic.. if they are offering the srvice

No worries.. u just need to compare price.. some can gave u rm30, some can charge u rm50
louyeh
post Oct 26 2021, 08:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

You'll need to be tested at a private facility in order to obtain the report which is to be produced at Airline check-in counter/Immigration.

RTK self test kits doesn't come with a print out report.

sampling via saliva is more common for RTK vs RTPCR kits. Mind you it needs at least 2ml of saliva and not just a simple spit. Hence for better accuracy, best to go with nasal/throat swabbing.
TSDaGreat
post Oct 26 2021, 09:11 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(louyeh @ Oct 26 2021, 09:27 AM)
You'll need to be tested at a private facility in order to obtain the report which is to be produced at Airline check-in counter/Immigration.

RTK self test kits doesn't come with a print out report.

sampling via saliva is more common for RTK vs RTPCR kits. Mind you it needs at least 2ml of saliva and not just a simple spit. Hence for better accuracy, best to go with nasal/throat swabbing.
thanks for your input! notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0104sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 PM