Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Interior Got Stolen at House Car Park, Insurance claim

views

TSmunyee1008
post Oct 23 2021, 12:24 AM, updated 3y ago

8 posts

Hello everyone,

Wanna seek for your kind help to understand the insurance on my car.

My car interior got stolen couple weeks ago at house multi-storage car park, is a PPR unit so all the CCTV got stolen and no security guard, but my car was lock and at a proper car park.

Car interior (audio, steering, car seat, camera etc). I was buying comprehensive insurance with Toyota but is under MSIG. In this case not whole car got stolen is insurance able to be claims?

Toyota have submited the quotation to MSIG and I'm still waiting. Just not too sure how it will go, I worry if is not cover sad.gif

Seeking for your kind help to advise if you happened have any info.

Thank you very much.
LarryPizzaGuy
post Oct 23 2021, 02:38 AM

/k 20k Club (Verified)
879 posts

Usually your car insurance will compensate your car's value based on,

1. Agreed value:
Agreed value based on the 2nd hard market value, at the time you've registered for your car insurance, cost to insure will be higher as you've fixed the value of your car.
Example, your car is valued at RM40,000 at January 2021, and agreed to be insured for RM40,000. If you were to get into an accident on December 2021, the insurance company will payout at RM40,000.

2. Market value:
Market value will depend on the 2nd hand value of your car, based on the year you're going to claim insurance. 2nd hand value of the car typically will depreciate later into the year. Hence, the cost to insure is cheaper.
Example, your car is valued at RM40,000 at January 2021, and agreed to be insured up to RM40,000. If you were to get into an accident on December 2021, the insurance company will payout your car's 2nd hand value at December 2021, which will be lower than RM40,000.

Comprehensive insurance typically means that insurance will cover the cost of damage for your car, and the other party (known as, 3rd party). Comprehensive insurance does not cover for interior car accessories, as they are not considered as part of your car's 2nd hand market value. Hence, whatever dashcam/hi-fi sound system/RGB lights installed in your car, will not increase your car's value (as judged by the insurance company).

Some insurance company provides additional options to insure for the interior car accessories, such as, dash cam, car's touchscreen headunit; Hence you'd need to make sure this options is SELECTED when signing up for a new car insurance. Typically this add-on options will cost more.

This post has been edited by LarryPizzaGuy: Oct 23 2021, 02:41 AM
HorlicksPeng P
post Oct 23 2021, 03:05 AM

Probation
8 posts

Hmm I wonder how much premium one has to pay to insure those car accessories things, even for things like expensive bodykits, amplifiers, etc.
ceo684
post Oct 23 2021, 03:50 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(HorlicksPeng @ Oct 23 2021, 03:05 AM)
Hmm I wonder how much premium one has to pay to insure those car accessories things, even for things like expensive bodykits, amplifiers, etc.
IiRC 15% as an add on rider.
Not sure if TS' case is original accessories covered by default or not?
mini orchard
post Oct 23 2021, 08:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(munyee1008 @ Oct 23 2021, 12:24 AM)
Hello everyone,

Wanna seek for your kind help to understand the insurance on my car.

My car interior got stolen couple weeks ago at house multi-storage car park, is a PPR unit so all the CCTV got stolen and no security guard, but my car was lock and at a proper car park.

Car interior (audio, steering, car seat, camera etc). I was buying comprehensive insurance with Toyota but is under MSIG. In this case not whole car got stolen is insurance able to be claims?

Toyota have submited the quotation to MSIG and I'm still waiting. Just not too sure how it will go, I worry if is not cover sad.gif

Seeking for your kind help to advise if you happened have any info.

Thank you very much.
The thief should have taken the car and that makes your claim easier.

All standard comprehensive coverage is only for the lost of the car.
code10
post Oct 23 2021, 08:21 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

Looks like the interior has more value than the car. The pencuri knew that.

RigerZ
post Oct 23 2021, 09:05 AM

On the way on the way
953 posts

QUOTE(munyee1008 @ Oct 23 2021, 12:24 AM)

Thank you very much.
Sorry about your unfortunate situation TS.

To answer your questions direct and concisely:

1. Interior items that are installed on the car from factory such as original seats, radio, dashboard panel, etc are covered

2. Additional accessories which you bought elsewhere such as dashcam, additional floor mats, etc are not covered UNLESS you paid the extra premium to cover them. But probably 95% of owners do not know about this or do not bother to pay for it

3. If you replaced any standard equipment to aftermarket parts, example normal radio change to media player with touchscreen, original fabric seat change to leather seat, you will only be covered to have the items replaced with original factory parts.

All this is subject to the insurance's final decision after studying and investigating your claim

Add: There is a grey area of accessories which are not installed from the Toyota factory, but installed by the sales dealer (e.g during promotion, or the salesman offer you freebies to secure their sales, etc). These are 50-50 decisions depending on the insurer's interpretation of "accessories".

So if your salesman did give you additional interior accessories when you bought the car, you might or might not be able to claim them.

This post has been edited by RigerZ: Oct 23 2021, 09:23 AM
pfizer
post Oct 23 2021, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

Damn that thief. Literally they stole all things inside the car. I hope insurance to pay you ts.
TSmunyee1008
post Oct 23 2021, 03:00 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(RigerZ @ Oct 23 2021, 10:05 AM)
Sorry about your unfortunate situation TS.

To answer your questions direct and concisely:

1. Interior items that are installed on the car from factory such as original seats, radio, dashboard panel, etc are covered

2. Additional accessories which you bought elsewhere such as dashcam, additional floor mats, etc are not covered UNLESS you paid the extra premium to cover them. But probably 95% of owners do not know about this or do not bother to pay for it

3. If you replaced any standard equipment to aftermarket parts, example normal radio change to media player with touchscreen, original fabric seat change to leather seat, you will only be covered to have the items replaced with original factory parts.

All this is subject to the insurance's final decision after studying and investigating your claim

Add: There is a grey area of accessories which are not installed from the Toyota factory, but installed by the sales dealer (e.g during promotion, or the salesman offer you freebies to secure their sales, etc). These are 50-50 decisions depending on the insurer's interpretation of "accessories".

So if your salesman did give you additional interior accessories when you bought the car, you might or might not be able to claim them.
So far all are from Toyota, is only 6 months old. So all still came from toyota end no 3rd part accessories at the moment.
Xccess
post Oct 26 2021, 10:53 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

May I know what car model it is and how old is your ride?
TSmunyee1008
post Oct 28 2021, 11:39 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Oct 26 2021, 11:53 PM)
May I know what car model it is and how old is your ride?
vios, 2021 6 months old
Xccess
post Oct 29 2021, 09:35 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(munyee1008 @ Oct 28 2021, 11:39 PM)
vios, 2021 6 months old
Have u filed the polis report and taken as much photos of the interior as evidence? Do keep us posted when MSIG come back to you.
TSmunyee1008
post Nov 8 2021, 08:46 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Oct 29 2021, 10:35 PM)
Have u filed the polis report and taken as much photos of the interior as evidence? Do keep us posted when MSIG come back to you.
Yup I did filled the police report. MSIG has approved the claim to repair the interior.

Chrix
post Nov 8 2021, 09:15 AM

Regular
1,082 posts

one of the more important question & concern that you should have is: was your car the only one?

are there other similiar type cars in same complex, that could also been targetted in the past?

TSmunyee1008
post Nov 17 2021, 09:44 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Nov 8 2021, 10:15 AM)
one of the more important question & concern that you should have is: was your car the only one?

are there other similiar type cars in same complex, that could also been targetted in the past?
So far this is the most serious theft case among the 4 blocks, last time got on and off heard of like wheel etc
Chrix
post Nov 17 2021, 10:19 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(munyee1008 @ Nov 17 2021, 09:44 PM)
So far this is the most serious theft case among the 4 blocks, last time got on and off heard of like wheel etc
sounds like its a targeted area where ppl working inside are on it as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 PM