Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Good ipts ?

views

TSYourmotherisgreen P
post Oct 19 2021, 07:36 PM, updated 3y ago

Probation
12 posts

Got rejected by rayuan upu recently because i believe because i dont have muet, because covid always postponing the muet test because of that i cant put it in my rayuan upu. I have diploma in business management graduated last year from unisel.

Im considering these 3 options, unisel, taruc, mmu.
Im thinking on taking bachelor in business hons accounting and finance (do you guys think its a good course?) for mmu and taruc but for unisel im thinking on taking bachelor of finance. I also have bachelor of business admin in my mind as an option but i heard nowadays mba is just a huge scam.

Which ipta will have a brighter job prospect in the future ?

Fzeo
post Oct 19 2021, 07:54 PM

Casual
451 posts

good ipts, not very sure.

any is good if you can excel AND make connections.
also, join alot competition / event and meet new ppl.

good luck.
Just Visiting By
post Oct 19 2021, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,828 posts

QUOTE(Yourmotherisgreen @ Oct 19 2021, 07:36 PM)
Got rejected by rayuan upu recently because i believe because i dont have muet, because covid always postponing the muet test because of that i cant put it in my rayuan upu. I have diploma in business management graduated last year from unisel.

Im thinking on taking bachelor in business hons accounting and finance (do you guys think its a good course?) for mmu and taruc but for unisel im thinking on taking bachelor of finance. I also have bachelor of business admin in my mind as an option but i heard nowadays mba is just a huge scam.

MBa is rather overrated. You don't stand much advantages with one anymore.

You're considering accounting? Go for ACCA. ACCA never ages and never becomes irrelevant. Aim for that, I would say, better than MBA.

But it's really a personal preference. No point studying something you don't like also just for good future.

MMU is more famous for engineering courses, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure about UNISEL, but TARUC has been churning out good accounting graduates. You should explore that option.
thedannyguy
post Oct 20 2021, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

cant rmb which big 4 , think its deloitte, one senior executive said past few years 50% of new hires are computer science grad. reason is simple data science and machine learning can now automate tedious accounting task like reconciliation and bookkeeping. Like accountant usually perform statistical sampling of a company hundreds of thousands of transactions to detect accounting fraud or misrepresentations. But using optical character recognition and natural language processing, all transactions can be audited instead of a sample size. Top unis in US/UK have begun offering accounting analytics. I even once read a news article in NUS that say ppl are worried accounting jobs will be automated
thedannyguy
post Oct 20 2021, 01:02 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

user posted image

here from world economic forum, https://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Future_of_Jobs_2020.pdf
this is for malaysia.

Just Visiting By
post Oct 20 2021, 10:31 AM

Regular
1,828 posts

QUOTE(thedannyguy @ Oct 20 2021, 12:45 AM)
cant rmb which big 4 , think its deloitte, one senior executive said past few years 50% of new hires are computer science grad. reason is simple data science and machine learning can now automate tedious accounting task like reconciliation and bookkeeping. Like accountant usually perform statistical sampling of a company hundreds of thousands of transactions to detect accounting fraud or misrepresentations. But using optical character recognition and natural language processing, all transactions can be audited instead of a sample size. Top unis in US/UK have begun offering accounting analytics. I even once read a news article in NUS that say ppl are worried accounting jobs will be automated
I would say the relevance could reduce but not to null.

Accountants, and by extension auditors, carry legal responsibilities to a company's financial flow. When that job carries legal weigh, it would never become redundant. Just like engineers, doctors and so on. While automation can do many of the current tasks done manually, somebody still has to be responsible for the automation's outcome.

Capt olympic
post Oct 20 2021, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(Yourmotherisgreen @ Oct 19 2021, 07:36 PM)

I know someone without a MUET, but got accepted into program of choice. Probably some other reasons.

I believe Diploma intake will be somewhere in November as September mainly for STPM/ Matriculation.
Try applying again directly to the University of your choice. You will save a lot in terms of the tuition fee.

I do have a feeling that a Business degree will gradually be losing its reputation.
Why not into Technology or Finance-Tech related degree?

rajratt
post Oct 22 2021, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(Capt olympic @ Oct 20 2021, 05:53 PM)
I know someone without a MUET, but got accepted into program of choice. Probably some other reasons.

I believe Diploma intake will be somewhere in November as September mainly for STPM/ Matriculation.
Try applying again directly to the University of your choice. You will save a lot in terms of the tuition fee.

I do have a feeling that a Business degree will gradually be losing its reputation.
Which Uni is offering FinTech?
thedannyguy
post Oct 23 2021, 05:55 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

https://university.taylors.edu.my/en/study/...ech-degree.html

can consider this. You receive dual award from Taylor and Canterbury., New Zealand. So pretty good deal. Fintech in accounting is mainly about blockchain aka distributed ledger technology. While adoption currently is still at infancy stage with mainly white paper concept proposal, but when it solves its scalability issue, it is a gamechanger for accounting industry
Blofeld
post Oct 23 2021, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,456 posts

Take the 4-year bachelor of accounting at either Unisel, MMU, or UTAR Sg Long

they all share the same syllabus for the bachelor of accounting as required by Malaysian Institute of Accountants.

So, no difference at all.

Study at the place nearer to you will do.
TSYourmotherisgreen P
post Oct 23 2021, 10:23 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(Capt olympic @ Oct 20 2021, 05:53 PM)

I cant because my math is not credit…And its going to cost me money and time to chase another diploma….basically my education futures are fucked because of my math even though my physic is credit and my languages and sejarah are A
TSYourmotherisgreen P
post Oct 23 2021, 10:29 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Oct 23 2021, 09:06 AM)
Take the 4-year bachelor of accounting at either Unisel, MMU, or UTAR Sg Long

they all share the same syllabus for the bachelor of accounting as required by Malaysian Institute of Accountants.

So, no difference at all.

Study at the place nearer to you will do.
Yes, i know unisel also have acca exemption but i cant take bachelor im accounting due to my math not credit in spm. The closest i can get is probably bachelor in finance

Capt olympic
post Oct 24 2021, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(Yourmotherisgreen @ Oct 23 2021, 10:29 PM)
Yes, i know unisel also have acca exemption but i cant take bachelor im accounting due to my math not credit in spm. The closest i can get is probably bachelor in finance
Did you pass your Diploma?
If yes, you should apply back to Unisel for Bachelor in Accounting.

I don't think a University will deny entry for their own Diploma students.

Plus, it is Covid right now, many Universities are trying hard to recruit students.
Give it a try.
TSYourmotherisgreen P
post Oct 25 2021, 04:22 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(Capt olympic @ Oct 24 2021, 09:20 AM)

Plus, it is Covid right now, many Universities are trying hard to recruit students.
Give it a try.
No, its too late my math is not credit. They didn’t even offer me degree in accounting because of my math… sad.gif. The closest i can get is bachelor in accounting and finance in taruc and mmu. But in unisel i can get bac in finance but….idk why many of my friends said that unisel is not really recommended but i feel after 3 years diploma over there…it’s pretty good uni
ike.tan
post Oct 25 2021, 11:35 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(Capt olympic @ Oct 24 2021, 09:20 AM)

Give it a try.
No such thing. At least not with the good or reputable universities. All IPTA and IPTS has to adhere to the strict minimum entry requirements set by MQA and the programme standards. Covid or no covid.

Capt olympic
post Oct 26 2021, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(ike.tan @ Oct 25 2021, 11:35 PM)
No such thing. At least not with the good or reputable universities. All IPTA and IPTS has to adhere to the strict minimum entry requirements set by MQA and the programme standards. Covid or no covid.
deleted

This post has been edited by Capt olympic: Oct 26 2021, 11:22 AM
hellothere131495
post Oct 26 2021, 11:07 PM

Casual
447 posts

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "good." The word "good" is a very broad one.

If you're looking for a ranking, I'm not sure why you're looking for it because ranking is extremely unimportant unless you're going overseas. If that is the case, you need to pick a well-known university to be recognized worldwide.

If you mean a good facility, you should probably look into those universities and talk to seniors.

A good university, in my opinion, is inexpensive, accredited (so that it can be used in the country), and located in an area with low living expenses.

What is the most pressing issue among students? Money. Students have no money. But, studying requires money, so choose one who can save money and obtain the degree.
K0MR4DE
post Oct 29 2021, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

I think you already know the answer what courses you want to choose. The only piece of advice I can give is, try to find course that are always in demand. Can monitor Jobstreet for 30-90 days and see what is the current trend in job demand.

E.g: Accounting can become a lot of things, but Finance? Only banking sector right if not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:40 PM