Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for job opportunities in other locations

views

TSerik8lyt
post Oct 19 2021, 01:31 PM, updated 3y ago

On my way
683 posts

I want to rent a single room or studio in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor for the first time because I heard that job opportunities and salary are high in those locations. I'm around 30 years old and I have around RM15k savings from my previous jobs. I graduated from local university with my Marketing degree in 2011. My last job is doing kind of data entry job by using the company’s online system for 1 year. Do you think employers will hire me based on relevant experience? I haven’t had a real job for around 8 years. Can I survive a year with my savings in those locations while looking for jobs? Or setup a new business in my hometown?
otai_g
post Oct 19 2021, 01:39 PM

On my way
622 posts

experienced data entry? what data is that?
callmecool
post Oct 19 2021, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

Can try one year and if fail, can go back hometown to setup your own business
ketupatlazat
post Oct 19 2021, 03:45 PM

On my way
545 posts

surely prospective employers will ask what have you been doing the past 8 yrs...so, what have you been doing?
soules83
post Oct 20 2021, 10:32 AM

Hohoho I dunno
2,016 posts

QUOTE(erik8lyt @ Oct 19 2021, 01:31 PM)
I want to rent a single room or studio in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor for the first time because I heard that job opportunities and salary are high in those locations. I'm around 30 years old and I have around RM15k savings from my previous jobs. I graduated from local university with my Marketing degree in 2011. My last job is doing kind of data entry job by using the company’s online system for 1 year. Do you think employers will hire me based on relevant experience? I haven’t had a real job for around 8 years. Can I survive a year with my savings in those locations while looking for jobs? Or setup a new business in my hometown?
data entry? Have you consider moving to a better job? Data entry job is a lame role.
ROC-A-FELLA
post Oct 21 2021, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

I have open position for Marketing Manager @ redONE centre, AEON BIG, Wangsa Maju. do pm me if you interested
TryingToSurvive
post Oct 22 2021, 11:14 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(erik8lyt @ Oct 19 2021, 01:31 PM)
Tell what your experience is since you graduate and answer the below
1. Why you did took those jobs in your previous experience
2. Why you looking to enter this industry
3. Why you apply to this company
4. What skills you bring to this new role

If you can't answer it in an anonymous forum convincingly, I don't think you will get a good paying job
TSerik8lyt
post Nov 4 2021, 01:51 PM

On my way
683 posts

I got a job offer for RM1.9k and I am single with RM15k savings. Option 1: Can I survive in Kuala Lumpur with that salary by renting a studio, eating out all the time, etc? Option 2: If I want to save money, I will rent a single room with sharing a house with strangers, cook sometimes but I don't do it much because my cooking sucks, etc. Is first one a viable option for long term like a year?

This post has been edited by erik8lyt: Nov 4 2021, 01:52 PM
adamhzm90
post Nov 5 2021, 05:03 PM

Regular
1,269 posts

QUOTE(erik8lyt @ Nov 4 2021, 01:51 PM)
I got a job offer for RM1.9k and I am single with RM15k savings. Option 1: Can I survive in Kuala Lumpur with that salary by renting a studio, eating out all the time, etc? Option 2: If I want to save money, I will rent a single room with sharing a house with strangers, cook sometimes but I don't do it much because my cooking sucks, etc. Is first one a viable option for long term like a year?
Rm1.9k is gross or nett?

Imo you can stay nearby to the workplace to avoid travelling cost. Then it can be worth a while

Check out mudah.my for rental price around
kesvani
post Nov 5 2021, 07:40 PM

On my way
673 posts

Seriously. Offer 1.9 better stay in your hometown. I from penang but dammmmm. KL food is always 30-50% expensive than penang
TSerik8lyt
post Nov 7 2021, 04:27 PM

On my way
683 posts

I am non-KL resident. I want to rent a single room near Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park because my company is located there. Actually I can work from home but I want to go my company to learn new things sometimes. Can anyone suggest me where i can stay near my company and transit line for long term and future employment?
DoomCognition
post Nov 7 2021, 09:05 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

U ask question without giving full background, how to gip advice?

1. What is ur previous experience? List it in full.
2. KL has lots of jobs, but u need to have something to compete with others, especially if u are going for junior position.

For 1.9k, I think u better stay at hometown.
TSerik8lyt
post Nov 7 2021, 10:26 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(DoomCognition @ Nov 7 2021, 09:05 PM)
U ask question without giving full background, how to gip advice?

1. What is ur previous experience? List it in full.
2. KL has lots of jobs, but u need to have something to compete with others, especially if u are going for junior position.

For 1.9k, I think u better stay at hometown.
I have already introduce myself in my starting post.
SUSdjtong
post Nov 8 2021, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Yes you can find places in Kuchai pretty cheap.
RM1.9k can be done. Even if don't cook yourself, you can live off basic things like fruits, eggs etc.
NSK is nearby and cheap.

If you have extra time consider side hustle like drop shipping or food panda or content creation.

Data entry has no future. Try to branch out. Read up about data analysis and big data.

Data entry earn 1.9k, data analyst earn 19k
TSerik8lyt
post Nov 10 2021, 04:56 PM

On my way
683 posts

--deleted--

This post has been edited by erik8lyt: Nov 11 2021, 12:16 AM
The Hunt Begins
post Nov 11 2021, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Bro. Why marketing degree but u doing some admin related stuffs?
The Nomad
post Nov 17 2021, 01:52 AM

35 posts

IMHO, RM1.9k better stay in your hometown. Studio - the cheapest I know of in Klang Valley is RM800-RM900 per month.

Mavik
post Nov 17 2021, 08:27 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

I had a couple of staff who were in your similar shoes, except that they got RM2k instead for pay. What they did was basically your Option 2. Find a single room to rent and find a location near a mixed rice stall or local food which is cheap so that they can have that option to buy food from there.
Redshelf411
post Nov 17 2021, 08:40 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(The Hunt Begins @ Nov 11 2021, 05:11 PM)
Bro. Why marketing degree but u doing some admin related stuffs?
Probably...

1. Not a good marketing exec in practicality/work world. Meaning to say in uni can do very well in theory, but after graduating cannot handle the work and everything that comes with it.

2. Failed/borderline pass degree, so no companies want to hire him. Now just take whatever job he can lay his hand on.
Redshelf411
post Nov 17 2021, 08:42 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

Does KL now really have a lot of jobs with high pay? I'm only hearing certain sectors are actively hiring with good salary package. I have the same thinking as you too... But if I were you, I'd stay at your hometown for a bit longer before flying over.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:01 PM