Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Trion 2(Sg Besi) Vs Nestree(Pantai Central Park), Which property is good for Investment

views

TSpennyng93
post Oct 17 2021, 06:32 PM, updated 3y ago

5 posts

Hello. I am a First Home buyer.
Could anyone please advise me on which property is good for investment?

1st option:

Trion 2- Sg Besi
Title- Freehold
Developer- Binastra Land
Size- 922sqft (3 Bedroom)
Price- 680k++
Location- Sg Besi, Chan Sow Lin
Rental rate- MYR1,300 - MYR1,800
Appreciation space- Medium
Rental Demand- Unknown

Pros -
1. Good View(Facing Trx)
2. near City Center
3. Freehold

Cons -
1. Low rental price
2. Competitive(A lot Condo mushrooming in Sg Besi)
3. Commercial title under HDA

2nd option:

Nestree- Pantai Dalam
[B]
Title- Leasehold
Developer- Nestcon (Exim’s existing contractor)
Size- 1,050sqft (3 Bedroom)
Price- MYR602k++
Location- Pantai Dalam, Bangsar
Rental rate- MYR2,300-MYR3,200
Appreciation space- High according to the agent as there is a township by IJM
Rental Demand- Unknown

Pros-
1. Rental able to cover installment(Higher than Trion)
2. Great appreciation
3. residential title

Cons-
1.Not city centre
2.Its a gamble as dont know the township will be successful like bangsar south or not
3.Leasehold

I have 2 targets and I am in a dilemma.
Appreciate if you can give some suggestions or opinions.
Thanks.πŸ˜‰
DragonReine
post Oct 18 2021, 08:00 AM

just another dog on the Internet
2,521 posts

Disclaimer: I'm Trion 2 buyer for own stay, so you can consider me biased in giving this opinion.

As far as on paper, Trion 2 is much better based on location and connection to amenities (walkable to public transport in the form of upcoming MRT2 station, near city centre). On top of that DBKL has already "promised" they're revitalising Chan Sow Lin area to change into a commercial hub rather than light industrial.

Nestree price is painfully high and premium for the location, and the general job opportunities+population growth in the area is not great.

Two major problems with Trion 2 as investment property:
1) High maintenance fees because commercial title and mid-low density+high number of "premium" facilities, in long run might get costly. In addition my banker had told me during my loan application that the retail price is on high side when valuated, so Trion 2 buyers are paying "future" price.
2) Competition is very stiff. Within 2km there's at least 2 high density investment oriented developments under construction like Trion 1 and proposed 1k+ units serviced apartment right next to Trion 2, there's Maluri area which has existing Sunway Velocity, upcoming super high density low-budget M Vertica, and in Belfield area less than 1km away there's Sunway Belfield.

I'd say overall potential they're about even. Nestree is bigger gamble but potential appreciation might be there in very long term (at least a decade), assuming township development goes through.

I'd personally say the major tie-breaker is which one you are able to hold onto even during no rental income/lack of tenant times, since that's when financial burden will be most painful.

I'll also warn you now that Trion 2 is 90% booked/sold and at least 80% have already signed their SPA according to KPKT data from 4 months ago, so there's not much units to pick from.

This post has been edited by DragonReine: Oct 18 2021, 09:34 AM
augusta23
post Oct 18 2021, 02:20 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Oct 18 2021, 08:00 AM)
Disclaimer: I'm Trion 2 buyer for own stay, so you can consider me biased in giving this opinion.

As far as on paper, Trion 2 is much better based on location and connection to amenities (walkable to public transport in the form of upcoming MRT2 station, near city centre). On top of that DBKL has already "promised" they're revitalising Chan Sow Lin area to change into a commercial hub rather than light industrial.

Nestree price is painfully high and premium for the location, and the general job opportunities+population growth in the area is not great.

1) High maintenance fees because commercial title and mid-low density+high number of "premium" facilities, in long run might get costly. In addition my banker had told me during my loan application that the retail price is on high side when valuated, so Trion 2 buyers are paying "future" price.
2) Competition is very stiff. Within 2km there's at least 2 high density investment oriented developments under construction like Trion 1 and proposed 1k+ units serviced apartment right next to Trion 2, there's Maluri area which has existing Sunway Velocity, upcoming super high density low-budget M Vertica, and in Belfield area less than 1km away there's Sunway Belfield.

I'd say overall potential they're about even. Nestree is bigger gamble but potential appreciation might be there in very long term (at least a decade), assuming township development goes through.

I'd personally say the major tie-breaker is which one you are able to hold onto even during no rental income/lack of tenant times, since that's when financial burden will be most painful.

I'll also warn you now that Trion 2 is 90% booked/sold and at least 80% have already signed their SPA according to KPKT data from 4 months ago, so there's not much units to pick from.
Hi, I wish to ask about the proposed 1k+ units serviced apartment right next to Trion 2? What's the project name or developer?
DragonReine
post Oct 18 2021, 03:31 PM

2,521 posts

QUOTE(augusta23 @ Oct 18 2021, 02:20 PM)
Hi, I wish to ask about the proposed 1k+ units serviced apartment right next to Trion 2? What's the project name or developer?
By EcoFirst

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...bil-gdv-project

https://www.nst.com.my/property/2021/04/680...-towers-sg-besi

No official project name yet.
TSpennyng93
post Oct 18 2021, 06:44 PM

5 posts

Thank you for your opinion. Appreciate it.
I have booked a unit for Trion 2 and Im waiting to switch to higher unit as I booked a lower one. Trion 2 is 95% booked/sold according to my agent.

Headache now and still cannot decide. 🀯🀯🀯
augusta23
post Oct 20 2021, 02:46 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Oct 18 2021, 03:31 PM)
Thanks for the info.
DragonReine
post Oct 20 2021, 04:15 PM

2,521 posts

QUOTE(pennyng93 @ Oct 18 2021, 06:44 PM)
Thank you for your opinion. Appreciate it.
I have booked a unit for Trion 2 and Im waiting to switch to higher unit as I booked a lower one. Trion 2 is 95% booked/sold according to my agent.

Headache now and still cannot decide. 🀯🀯🀯
I'm more conservative minded lah, so personally I'll choose the one that I can afford to hold on long term even without tenants (i.e. lower instalment+maintenance) πŸ˜‚ Malaysia rental market is likely going to stay stagnant for a long time unless government curbs the development of high rises. Property is more of a long term investment so must have at least a good holding+exit strategy.
teikboon
post Oct 20 2021, 04:18 PM

Regular
1,384 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Oct 20 2021, 04:15 PM)
I'm more conservative minded lah, so personally I'll choose the one that I can afford to hold on long term even without tenants (i.e. lower instalment+maintenance) πŸ˜‚ Malaysia rental market is likely going to stay stagnant for a long time unless government curbs the development of high rises. Property is more of a long term investment so must have at least a good holding+exit strategy.
keyword: one that I can afford thumbup.gif

ignore it if you got a lot of money
TSpennyng93
post Oct 21 2021, 06:19 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Oct 20 2021, 04:15 PM)
Thank you. flex.gif flex.gif
My dad might pay half of the property price so I think should not be a problem.
Just that I unable to make decision. rclxub.gif
I realized that Nestree might not a good choice as there are a lot residences coming soon by IJM pantai centre park.
I was thinking that why not just choose the residence by IJM instead of Nestree. Less risk. sweat.gif
Or do you have other good project which has positive cash flow to recommend? brows.gif
patpatpatpat
post Jun 22 2022, 03:25 PM

47 posts

On top of that DBKL has already "promised" they're revitalising Chan Sow Lin area to change into a commercial hub rather than light industrial.
hi,

do you have any link for this "promised". i booked a unit at KL48 (which is beside the Trion 2) but still thinking want to proceed with loan or not.

DragonReine
post Jun 23 2022, 12:24 PM

2,521 posts

QUOTE(patpatpatpat @ Jun 22 2022, 03:25 PM)
hi,

do you have any link for this "promised". i booked a unit at KL48 (which is beside the Trion 2) but still thinking want to proceed with loan or not.
Not that I remember, sorry.

Note that this "advice" considered outdated since Bandar Malaysia project considered less value now with the lack of MY-SG HSL.

The high rental competition and potentially slow/lack of property price appreciation still is a major risk for the area, since whether or not there will be enough development to transform the area to counter depreciation from the wear-and-tear of high rise buildings is a problem. Especially with KL48 high density, even within own property can expect high rental competition.
Calvin Seak
post Jun 23 2022, 10:48 PM

Hiring, TTDI, KL only
2,367 posts

QUOTE(pennyng93 @ Oct 21 2021, 06:19 PM)
Thank you.  flex.gif  flex.gif
My dad might pay half of the property price so I think should not be a problem.
Just that I unable to make decision. rclxub.gif
I realized that Nestree might not a good choice as there are a lot residences coming soon by IJM pantai centre park.
I was thinking that why not just choose the residence by IJM instead of Nestree. Less risk.  sweat.gif
Or do you have other good project which has positive cash flow to recommend?  brows.gif
In this point of time it’s pretty hard to get a positive cash flow new projects, even my units are barely positive after adding maintenance fee and mind you they are lelong units at Palm Springs Damansara
patpatpatpat
post Jun 24 2022, 05:14 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(DragonReine @ Jun 23 2022, 12:24 PM)
Not that I remember, sorry.

Note that this "advice" considered outdated since Bandar Malaysia project considered less value now with the lack of MY-SG HSL.

The high rental competition and potentially slow/lack of property price appreciation still is a major risk for the area, since whether or not there will be enough development to transform the area to counter depreciation from the wear-and-tear of high rise buildings is a problem. Especially with KL48 high density, even within own property can expect high rental competition.
I see. I think I will cancel the booking then. Tqvm

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0273sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:53 AM