Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fitness Getting a 6 pack healthily

views

TSbriantwj
post Oct 16 2021, 11:09 PM, updated 3y ago

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

Hi guys, just a little bit of background on my body before we get into my main question and plans.

Height: 167cm
Weight: 72kg

I am having high cholesterol from my recent body checkup. I used to do intermittent fasting. And my weight went down to 68kg.

In short I wanna be more healthy, burn some fat, and gain a six pack. I have this plan in mind, but would like to listen to sifus here.

Intermittent fasting:
Eating time: 12pm - 8pm
Fasting time: 8pm - 12pm

Diet:
Will go for low carb and more balance diet (protein, fibre)
Brunch at 12pm: fish + vege
Dinner at 7pm: hard boiled egg + vege

Exercise (will do this while fasting, morning):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Jogging for cardio (1 hour session)
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: HIIT. I need to incorporate some core muscle exercises right? Still doing some research on this
Sunday: off day, but still following intermittent fasting and protein + fiber diet.

Would this plan work in achieving 6 packs? I know definitely my weight will be down.

Appreciate sifus input!

This post has been edited by briantwj: Oct 16 2021, 11:22 PM
thefryingfox
post Oct 16 2021, 11:22 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

I suggest you give a try first. If not suitable need to adjust. But low carb diet while doing endurance or jogging is not that good. U want to get lean, eat carbs so you got energy to burn. The problem people blame carb coz of missinformation ie

1) rice eat highrr quality low glycemic index rice. Those starch sheet is good for nothing
2) reduce oil and sugar. Like seriously avoid! If need to use oil use olive, avocado , coconut or peanut. Not the damn buruh!

U avoid no 2 u will see result. If u need energy from sugar , use energy supplement that has caffeine or creatine. I use preworkout like c4 ultimate to kick start my work out and it helps
TSbriantwj
post Oct 17 2021, 12:06 AM

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Oct 16 2021, 11:22 PM)
I suggest you give a try first. If not suitable need to adjust. But low carb diet while doing endurance or jogging is not that good. U want to get lean, eat carbs so you got energy to burn. The problem people blame carb coz of missinformation ie

1) rice eat highrr quality low glycemic index rice. Those starch sheet is good for nothing
2) reduce oil and sugar. Like seriously avoid! If need to use oil use olive, avocado , coconut or peanut. Not the damn buruh!
U avoid no 2 u will see result. If u need energy from sugar , use energy supplement that has caffeine or creatine. I use preworkout like c4 ultimate to kick start my work out and it helps
When u say sugar, does it includes fruits? I should avoid fruits as well right?
axtray
post Oct 17 2021, 01:23 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

Getting the abs = fat loss. If youre only focusing on primarily cardio and just 2 days of some hiit, well by the time you see it, you'll look pretty skinny and small tbh. Muscle is metabolically expensive to maintain. When on deficit, your body will prioritize to get rid of it first, unless you give it a reason to keep it (hence resistance training is recommended during cutting)

Instead of 3 days jog and 2 days hiit (not sure how long and intense), id focus on 3 days resistance training and 2 days jog (why not 3, just do the cardio after). Increase the protein intake and track the calories. You'll see much better result imo
thefryingfox
post Oct 17 2021, 06:41 AM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

QUOTE(briantwj @ Oct 17 2021, 12:06 AM)
When u say sugar, does it includes fruits? I should avoid fruits as well right?
Fructose is okay. Not refined sugar

I stop taking refined sugar as much as I can wherever possible and my weight started dipping slowly.but with exercise, the effect can be seen
TSbriantwj
post Oct 17 2021, 12:24 PM

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

QUOTE(axtray @ Oct 17 2021, 01:23 AM)
Getting the abs = fat loss. If youre only focusing on primarily cardio and just 2 days of some hiit, well by the time you see it, you'll look pretty skinny and small tbh. Muscle is metabolically expensive to maintain. When on deficit, your body will prioritize to get rid of it first, unless you give it a reason to keep it (hence resistance training is recommended during cutting)

Instead of 3 days jog and 2 days hiit (not sure how long and intense), id focus on 3 days resistance training and 2 days jog (why not 3, just do the cardio after). Increase the protein intake and track the calories. You'll see much better result imo
What keyword or type of workouts should i be looking for if I wanna build core muscles?

Resistance training
Weight training

Anything else?
axtray
post Oct 17 2021, 01:24 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(briantwj @ Oct 17 2021, 12:24 PM)
What keyword or type of workouts should i be looking for if I wanna build core muscles?

Resistance training
Weight training

Anything else?
Depends on what type of workouts youre planning to do. You wanna go to the gym? Or just following standard home bodyweight workouts. Personally i dont do any ab workouts and the abs appears just fine.

If you go to the gym, simply focusing on core lifts, squat, deadlifts, bench press, rows with decent intensity and progressive overload and finishing with 10 mins of any random ab workout is more than enough to build the ab muscle.

If at home, usual pushup planks pullups, crunches and mountain climbers I guess? Short interval sprints will help as well.

Depends really on what kind of physique you're aiming for in the end.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:32 PM