post Oct 9 2021, 10:12 PM

On my way
650 posts

This is great. Cant wait till pre order is available
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 02:10 PM

On my way
650 posts

Just got mine yesterday. Freakin beast. Anyways, anyone tried the volte setup?

user posted image
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 06:59 PM

On my way
650 posts

Ouh thanks guys, i use forwarder and buy it myself. I saw a few thread here people are using forwarder, i assume some people got theirs too. My apology.

Basically i use my bigpay card to make the pre order while watching the announcement (oct-19th). The pre-order was really crazy, google server hung for a little while, but ended up getting my order through after half an hour. I was really surprised they accepted malaysian debit card. Bigpay conversion rate is the best!

My initial impression of the pixel 6 pro. AMAZING! LOL. not without downside though. Beautiful device, fast af but damn the finger print lag is real yo. Ask me anything.

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Nov 7 2021, 07:00 PM
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 07:02 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 7 2021, 04:43 PM)
Doesn't seem anyone else got theirs bro. So u have to volunteer first  biggrin.gif
Saw the post, im not so clear on how to do it really. If anyone can point to more detailed steps, im totally willing to do it. I need em volte, my p2xl was rooted though to get volte working. I need my volte, its kinda awesome.
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 08:23 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 7 2021, 07:59 PM)
careful bro, rooting open up your device to attacks easily. I am usually extremely careful with links i click without accepting anything also can get hacked my Digi bill comes to a whooping few hundred ringgits from those premium sms sent , at the end I have to reformat my phone. How do you run banking apps with rooted device?
Actually its quite safe if u are not distracted. I make sure to check my phone for third parties apk and files. Dont simply click on things. Or maybe im just lucky. Been using rooted pixel 2 xl and 4 xl since launch for obvious reasons, i have been safe so far. Hopefully stays that way.

Banking apps are fine, i use tngo bigpay maybank cimb and wise, not to forget google pay. Make sure u pass safetynet. On pixel 2 xl for example i use pixel experience rom, it passes safetynet by default as long as u enable magiskhide on magisk. Hope this info help.
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 09:58 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(gerald7 @ Nov 7 2021, 09:53 PM)
Did you do the SIRIM thingy~ ?
I bare the risk of claiming it a different item at a lower price. This is not recommend for faint hearted who order loads at a time. I do use ups so i will lower the risk of missing parcel or damage. I dont recommend this to anyone, but it is possible. I did it for my iphone 13 pro pre order and this phone. Both arrived within 5days from the us.
wanttotree
post Nov 7 2021, 10:30 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(jasonchiam_97 @ Nov 7 2021, 10:05 PM)
Does p6/p6 pro have the call recording thing?
Not that i know of. I couldnt find one in mine.
wanttotree
post Nov 8 2021, 12:06 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(dAMe @ Nov 8 2021, 10:02 AM)
you are lucky.. Google cancelled my order several times due to malaysian card, I just gave up and asked forwarder to buy for me and now it's already otw to malaysia

any case u are using? screen protector ?
I dont think ur order is canceled due to malaysian cc. Most of american have their orders canceled as well. Been seeing more reports about that past few days. Yes im thankful, im lucky, or maybe i ordered early, live announcement was still playing on my tv and i was fumbling with the pre-order on my pixel 2 XL.

Im now not using any screen protector cz no one in shopee/lazada sells a proper one yet. I ordered the cheap non branded one and it doesnt even stick. For my case i ordered ringke fusion as soon as the official ringke posted it on shopee.

For everyone who has trouble with sirim, im really sorry to hear that. I never thought wifi 6e would make it so hard to import the phone. Maybe try meet them face to face and try to come up with a solution. I did the sirim thing back in my pixel 1 days, although i didnt have any problem with the device, i can tell the guys there are quite decent. I wish all luck.
wanttotree
post Nov 8 2021, 12:39 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 8 2021, 12:33 PM)
Would like to ask your average SoT but I guess its still to early eh  blush.gif I also planned on ringke case, and probably one of those rock hydrogel screen protector but them fingerprint issues make me pause, considering its not that cheap for a throw-away. Probably will get a dbrand grip / spigen / uag scout later on.

And since there are already wifi6e phones/equipment on sale in Malaysia already, that SIRIM excuse not approved yet doesn't really make sense..
I will probably order the hydrogel screen protector for the time being. Im really scared to scratch the screen cz i upgrade annually so i want to have a perfect condition phone for the new owner next year.

Sot i cant answer yet, maybe i will get back next week. I have been charging halfway though the day since i got it. I cant put this phone down. I just downloaded genshin last night, im guessing my battery will be abysmal today.

Now that u mention it, yes it is not making sense. Other phones all have wifi 6e already. Quick google tells me even samsung fold 3 has wifi 6e.

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Nov 8 2021, 12:40 PM
wanttotree
post Nov 8 2021, 01:22 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 8 2021, 01:18 PM)
Report back on usability when u get the screen protector installed bruh  :thumbsup:
This im not too sure either. Hafta ask owners of the other phones with 6E  sad.gif  Or its just another case of SIRIM/Kastam 'pay up if caught' import stuffs  laugh.gif
I think the "pay up" is legitimate. I suggest whoever need it released, go meet the person in charge and ask for a solution. Im genuinely rooting for u guys. Here's hoping for all pixel 6/pro owner get theirs by the end of this week.
wanttotree
post Nov 8 2021, 01:55 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 8 2021, 01:31 PM)
Well regulations is regulations, I suppose. Just hope whoever stuck with SIRIM didn't have to return their phones or such.. and since there are others that got theirs problem free, like urs.

What's your plan to deal with the 3G sunset coming, btw?
3g sunset is definitely gonna a problem for a lot of Pixel owners. It might not be the most elegant solution, but rooting is not out of the context here. I think at least 1 telco will update their volte database for the new pixel in the future. Although i am not counting on that.
wanttotree
post Nov 8 2021, 02:52 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(Hurmm @ Nov 8 2021, 02:46 PM)
What's the implication to Pixel users when 3G is sunset?
Now that u asked, now i remember 2g is still available. So yes, we pixel users wont be doomed for not being able to receive or make phone calls. Still want volte to work though. 😅
wanttotree
post Nov 10 2021, 02:09 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 10 2021, 01:58 PM)
IT'S. HERE. MFERS. rclxm9.gif
[attachmentid=11033502]
Hot dayum.. congrats! Small stip, if yr phone started to heat up on normal use for the whole day. Factory format and setup as new. Mine was transferred from my pixel 2 xl and having weird warm all day problem that leads to battery drain. Cheers.

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Nov 10 2021, 02:11 PM
wanttotree
post Nov 11 2021, 12:58 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 11 2021, 12:54 PM)
today 11.11 sales just buy cases first.

the ringke cases keep popping out in my lazada lol
The ringke looks awesome imo. Its simple, slightly thicker than the normal clear case sold everywhere. But it looks almost invisible on mine.
wanttotree
post Nov 11 2021, 01:04 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 11 2021, 01:01 PM)
I've generally been a fan of Ringke but recently grown out of love. For our "obscure" models, they only have Fusion. I find it to be a bit chonky and the transparent areas turn yellow after a year.

I like the Nillkin frosted but they don't make em for Pixels.
My experience with fusion is it darken. So it looks like a smoke color after 6-7 months. For a case under rm50 i can totally buy a new one after that period. On a side note, am i the only one who fell in love with the frosted clear case by google? I wish i wasnt so rushing during pre order.
wanttotree
post Nov 11 2021, 09:51 PM

On my way
650 posts

Digi indoor. Quick 1 test. In case anyone is on digi. The maxis was probably a fluke.
Edit
Damansara utama area.
Indoor
user posted image

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Nov 11 2021, 09:53 PM
wanttotree
post Nov 12 2021, 03:56 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 12 2021, 03:16 PM)
It definitely seems to consume more than normal for a phone with a large battery, but it will also comfortably last more than a day (for me).
Good to hear that. Im jealous of your more than a day battery life. Mine is definitely not that great. Always have to charge around 6-7pm (25-30% left).
Turned of 5g too. 😂
wanttotree
post Nov 12 2021, 04:26 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(QuickFire @ Nov 12 2021, 04:05 PM)
Hmm all these posts on battery and internet speeds are giving me some cause of concerns before buying one.

Funny cos I already bought a Ringke clear case and a Bellroy leather case before I've even ordered the phone hahaha.
Bellroy and ringke are so nice. Esp bellroy. Im sure u might have better experience. I almost dont stop using my phone at all. Stop just to sleep lol. Im a toilet squad lmao.
wanttotree
post Nov 12 2021, 04:45 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 12 2021, 04:35 PM)
how's the camera in your opinion compare to other pixels? big step up?
Definitely a leap from my previous. But then again, i came frm 2 xl and 4 xl.
Right before now i was from 12 pro max, i have to say both have their own strength, but i have to say i love the fact that i have 4x instead on 2.5x
wanttotree
post Nov 13 2021, 01:05 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 13 2021, 11:43 AM)
Yes. It was most likely 3G since no VoLTE service for this phone yet
I second this, the phone call through 3g p6p sounds better than volte on my pixel 2 xl. 🤔

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Nov 13 2021, 01:05 PM

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0855sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 PM