QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 11 2021, 09:54 PM)
That is quite slow
Me on digi getting 158Mbps at damansara jaya
You're using Pixel 6/pro?
QuickFire
post Nov 12 2021, 04:05 PM

The more you sin the more you win
2,832 posts

Hmm all these posts on battery and internet speeds are giving me some cause of concerns before buying one.

Funny cos I already bought a Ringke clear case and a Bellroy leather case before I've even ordered the phone hahaha.
QuickFire
post Nov 12 2021, 05:07 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 12 2021, 04:32 PM)
NGL. There are some things that the phone does that isn't going to match up to other flagships - but there are also workarounds. If you can live with those minor issues, then you get to enjoy the software Google has to offer.
I'm not really a flagship kinda guy as spending more than 3k on a phone isn't really my thing. I'm currently on the Huawei Mate 10 which has seen serving me well for close to 4 years now, but the OS has been too aggressive in killing apps recently. I've missed many SMSes because the notification is killed off immediately before I even notice I have an SMS.

Before that I was on the Nexus 5. AHH. Bought that in Australia for like RM 1.3k. Those were the times. Pity the phone could not last... physically. After 3 years it was literally falling apart. I was on holiday in Korea when the SIM card tray just broke. Kinda fitting that it died in its home land. I don't trust Korean products as I don't believe they are durable.

QuickFire
post Nov 12 2021, 05:08 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 12 2021, 04:57 PM)
you can always sell yours  nod.gif

btw the bellroy is for P6? and what color?
Yup for Pixel 6. Terracotta.

QuickFire
post Nov 17 2021, 05:12 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 17 2021, 02:21 PM)
It is either the risk bear by buyer or the seller. I prefer the later if possible. However if Seller like TechBug , who is reputable I think it is safe to pay in full for pre order. I am still waiting for next availability of a Cloudy White P6 pro, not sure when will the order open again
Yeah I pre-ordered from Shirogawa and found out later that if the parcel is lost after he ships it, it's the buyer's loss. Personally I don't think this is fair - if you're running a business for profit, it is the seller's responsibility to ensure the item reaches the buyer. Buy postal insurance and if the parcel is lost, refund the money and get it back from the post office/insurer.

I had to add on insurance as an additional cost myself.
QuickFire
post Nov 17 2021, 07:53 PM

2,832 posts

Someone posted earlier to change the APN to unet for Maxis.
QuickFire
post Nov 20 2021, 08:53 AM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(sctang25 @ Nov 20 2021, 08:33 AM)
user posted image

Bought from this seller (J Shao)

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...#entry102918415

Great seller. Responsive and selling at a great price.
Did the box arrive sealed? I noticed in his description that he may open to the box to check the content first.
QuickFire
post Nov 20 2021, 11:30 AM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 20 2021, 11:11 AM)
when my friend got it it was sealed ... and he is a friendly seller ...  thumbup.gif
Ah thanks, I may get one from him.

My wife's Samsung S10's screen just starting acting up and permanently displaying a bright white portion near the bottom. So I may end up giving my pixel to her when it arrives and then getting another one.

Bloody Korean companies...their electronics never last in my experience.
QuickFire
post Nov 20 2021, 01:28 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(bahjan_2000 @ Nov 20 2021, 01:14 PM)
Did u inform ur wife in advance that this P6 might get voice call issues next year?  ph34r.gif
There should still be voice calls right? It's just that without VoLTE, the internet would be cut off during calls, no?

The 2G network for calls would still be available?
QuickFire
post Nov 20 2021, 01:50 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 20 2021, 01:28 PM)
Not to burst yr bubble but p6 uses samsung display, so is all iphones and oneplus. Technically all phones are half korean
It's just me and a few people I know really do feel that Korean made electronics don't last. Something with the overall build quality.
QuickFire
post Nov 21 2021, 07:28 PM

2,832 posts

So sounds like the phone runs warm is a common occurrence?
QuickFire
post Nov 22 2021, 03:43 PM

2,832 posts

Can't blame users if the phone has lots of bugs and isn't designed well. Google shouldn't be using us as lab rats and only releasing fixed after the fact.

I'm out of options for Android so I'll give the Pixel a choice. If it doesn't work I honestly don't know where to turn to...Xiaomi or OnePlus? Ugh.
QuickFire
post Nov 22 2021, 09:11 PM

2,832 posts

Bellroy leather case but my phone isn't anywhere near in sight yet...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
QuickFire
post Nov 23 2021, 10:31 AM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(Eddx @ Nov 23 2021, 09:55 AM)
If you are comfortable with china style ROM and their aggressive background app killing, then it's fine to go xiaomi. Oneplus however will be using ColorOS from Oppo, not sure how it'll perform
Aiya, i am hunting for a pixel 6 or 6 pro biggrin.gif dont want to pre-order
I can't deal with the aggressive app kills. I'm currently on Huawei (Mate 10, still on Android) and the aggressiveness is terrible, it feels like it's getting more and more aggressive as time goes on. Sometimes I don't even know I get an SMS.
QuickFire
post Nov 23 2021, 11:45 AM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 23 2021, 11:22 AM)
receive a sms from Digi to enable Volte, link me to their page how to enable VOLTE. the more i read the more I angry, then I notice at the bottom is a link to MCMC aduan.skmm.gov.my . I am going to file a complaint about VOLTE support for Pixel phone. I guess no harm trying, the more people complaint the better, I urge members here to file a same complaint to MCMC. From my years working in Telco , for 1 these telco are afraid is MCMC complaints

Update : Just file a complaint about no LTE connection, with the reason of after the 3G sunset it will be a hazard to driving while using Navigation because it will fallback to 2G and lose my connection to the network
I'll do this once I get my Pixel too. No harm submitting a complaint.

I also found this is on Google support. The telcos may need to reach out to Google about this. Unsure if Google will do anything as they don't officially sell the phones here, but again no harm trying.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/threa...laysia?hl=en-GB
QuickFire
post Nov 23 2021, 03:04 PM

2,832 posts

I used to root my Nexus 5, and jail broke my iPhone 4 before that. But never since then. Tbh I don't miss rooting. I'm really just a normal consumer who just wants a convenient and decent phone to use.

Rooting really does bring one big extra step of hassle to the table. Maybe it much easier now...
QuickFire
post Nov 23 2021, 04:07 PM

2,832 posts

Eh why does call screening need root? I didn't know that... Damn.
QuickFire
post Nov 23 2021, 04:51 PM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 23 2021, 04:49 PM)
because call screening is only for USA, the rooting allows the phone to be tricked thinking it is in US.
Why Google. So call screening isn't officially available in other regions where pixel is distributed too?

I want that as there are too many calls from banks and agents.
QuickFire
post Nov 24 2021, 10:31 PM

2,832 posts

Write in to your Telco and MCMC. The more people do that the higher the chances of something happening...
QuickFire
post Dec 1 2021, 11:57 AM

2,832 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Dec 1 2021, 11:36 AM)
just to share my funny experience with Google Store Singapore when I purchase my Pixel4XL. I purchased it before CNY last year January then they launch a CNY promo rebate of SGD150, so I emailed them to ask am I entitled for this rebate since I Placed the order just few days before this rebate offer, then they agreed to rebate me, but instead I got a FULL refund! I email them again telling them it seems to be a mistake from their end to refund me fully, they came back to tell me they cant give rebate,but instead they refund fully and there is no way that I can pay them again through the system  rclxub.gif , hence the phone is free  thumbup.gif
What a bargain!

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th January 2022 - 06:54 PM