Google Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6 Pro phone dimensions comparison:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Phone arena phone dimensions comparison:

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Goog...nes/11732,11733

Google Pixel 6 vs Pixel 6 Pro review videos & articles:

Reputable local reseller list and prices

Bulk purchase for Spigen cases & Omotom Screen Glass protectors for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro direct from Amazon USA

Step by step guide on how to enable VoLTE & Call Screening on your Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro:

Placeholder for future content/More to come

This post has been edited by Kagekiyo: Jan 7 2022, 06:31 PM
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 10 2021, 11:42 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(Skeuomorphic @ Oct 10 2021, 07:27 AM)
Where would you guys suggest buying it from when it's available since 99% sure they're not going to bring in the devices to our shores
QUOTE(SmnLmn @ Oct 10 2021, 07:38 AM)
would like to know too. any good online sellers can introduce?
T&L Telcom, Techbug and Shirogawa are my personal top 3 reputable resellers. Been buying from them since the first Pixel 1 OG in 2016, 2, 3, 4 & present 5 models every year.

QUOTE(rex82 @ Oct 10 2021, 09:48 AM)
Is Pixel 6 pro using dual sim?
Yes, the only option you have is eSim.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 13 2021, 07:01 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Oct 12 2021, 01:22 PM)
will wait for black friday / boxing day for promo price

hoping they will release pixel watch too but doesn't seem like it sad.gif
Are you planning on getting a shipper/forwarder to import it from Google US store or perhaps buy it from a reseller?
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 16 2021, 09:23 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Oct 15 2021, 09:42 PM)
I'll wait for T&L to bring in

I want the Pro but I think it's going to be harga yahudi
Either way, I'm getting a Pixel 6 series
I share the same thoughts - i'll wait for T&L to bring in the Pixel 6 Pro in December this time round as i'm not in a hurry to replace my Pixel 5.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 17 2021, 10:07 PM

On my way
503 posts

I'm pretty certain the Pixel 6 regular model will retail for USD750 or USD50 more over the Pixel 5 when it was first announced in Sept 2020.

My best guess is that the Pixel 6 pro will retail for USD1,000 or USD1,099.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 18 2021, 01:59 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(Skeuomorphic @ Oct 18 2021, 10:25 AM)
Target pricing in us got leaked. $599 for 128GB P6 and $898 for 128GB P6 pro

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Oct 18 2021, 11:40 AM)
I'm guessing impossible, but I'm hoping it's true
Yes, if these retailer prices are real and not just a placeholder price to troll leakers, it will great news since the price of the regular 6 and 6 pro undercuts the Apple iPhone regular and pro series by USD100 - 150 making it quite an attractive offering on the basis of price alone.

QUOTE(GrandElf @ Oct 18 2021, 12:59 PM)
Interested in getting the pixel 6 Pro but want to ask all former google phone user here.....since mostly will be buying imported set, except warranty, anything that need to pay attention to? have any compatible issue or any others??
Google phones since the Pixel 1 to 5 are known for hardware issues and sub par customer support to address such issues.

Being so, it's best to wait for 1 to 2 months after post launch to read real user reviews to be aware of any significant hardware/software related issues and then you can weigh the choice whether to accept the risk of purchasing one from either a reputable reseller who offers to honor the 1 year warranty or take the bigger risk to ship it from Google store directly.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 19 2021, 12:50 PM

On my way
503 posts

More leaks including an early embargo first impresisons review and pricing from an Australian tech site:

1) First impressions:

https://www.finder.com.au/google-pixel-6

2) Pricing in Australian Dollars:

Pixel 6

128gb - $999
256gb - $1129

Pixel 6 Pro

128gb - $1299
256gb - $1449
512gb - $1599

3) First impressions & review embargo dates:

Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have two embargos:

Tomorrow (10/19) @ 1:00PM ET
- unboxings, first impressions, cannot show images/video from cameras, can only show home screen of devices

Monday (10/25) @ 12:00PM ET
- reviews, photos/videos from the cameras, software features

https://twitter.com/jon_prosser/status/1450...waAPZsjf_Q&s=19

In summary, if the attractive pricing of the Pixel 6 and 6 pro is true, it will probably be best to pre-order one early to avoid dissapointment & backorders owing to the current Global chip shortages.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 11:24 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(doppatroll @ Oct 20 2021, 10:58 AM)
Ready to push my luck again to order pixel 6 minus the tax .... brows.gif

user posted image
As expected, they price close to iphone pro range.....but still cheaper then pro max price  laugh.gif
Pretty standard reseller pricing from Techbug given they are able to bring in a few units for early adopters.

Looking at the majority, i doubt they are willing to pay between RM3,099 for a Pixel 6 regular or RM4,399 for a Pixel 6 pro. It's better to wait for other resellers to announce their pricing before pulling the trigger.

I'm sold on the Pixel 6 pro Stormy Black 128GB model. Will grab it once T&L announces their prices in the coming 1 - 2 months (very likely in December 2021).
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 11:38 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ Oct 20 2021, 11:34 AM)
If on black friday or boxing day, our reseller will sell at discounted price or with gifts too?
Yes, they will likely slash the price anywhere between RM100 - RM300 depending on the discount amount offered by Google during Black Friday/Boxing Day sales. Again, it depends on the reseller to fix the price themselves as to how much profit margin they want to take.

Patience counts.

Usually Google offers up to USD50 - USD150 off the retail price during these two celebratory days.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 11:50 AM

On my way
503 posts

Side note - Amazon is selling Spigen cases for reasonable prices that ship to Malaysia cheaper than the Spigen official website.

I've purchased my Pixel 5 case & tempered glass protector previously without any customs issues (See below invoice as proof):

user posted image

These are the items i will purchase from Amazon:

1) Spigen Ultra Hybrid - Crystal Clear for Pixel 6 Pro

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Ultra-Hybrid-...34700963&sr=8-2

2) Tempered Glass protector - I am still waiting for Omoton Tempered Glass to be available as they were rated as the best overall for the Pixel 5.

If anyone wants to ride upon my Amazon purchase, please let me know and i can offer to do a bulk purchase and we can spread out the shipping costs.

TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 11:51 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Oct 20 2021, 11:43 AM)
Can you put links to these shops/retailers in your first post so that people can easily check them out? I'm pretty sure these questions will get asked over and over.
Hello.

Yes, i will sticky note all available information on my first post for everyone later today when i have time.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 07:17 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(Doomsday @ Oct 20 2021, 01:04 PM)
Direct from Amazon or thru forwarder?
QUOTE(komandermaut @ Oct 20 2021, 02:22 PM)
bro, let me know if you want to purchase. would like to ride on as well for the crystal clear case  rclxm9.gif
Thanks for your interest.

I will create a sticky note on my first thread post to detail the delivery fees/guide, etc.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 08:36 PM

On my way
503 posts

FYI - Techbug informed me that their first batch of Pixel 6 pro pre-orders is closed and is expected to arrive on 1st or 2nd week of November.

The next pre-order batch is pending confirmation.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 10:08 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(doppatroll @ Oct 20 2021, 08:40 PM)
[attachmentid=11019050]
Nop, other store (bigapplebuddy)
QUOTE(Doomsday @ Oct 20 2021, 09:01 PM)
shit seems true that Coral only offer 128GB variant..

Stupiak Google knowing that Coral color is the hot cakes but putting 128GB for F sake
user posted image

Pixel 6 Pro 128GB = USD899
FedEx International Economy shipping: USD115
Customs/Tax + SIRIM = RM 150?

Total estimate: RM4,438 (cost of phone + international shipping) + RM150~ (customs/tax/SIRIM) = RM4,588.

It's more or less the same price if you purchase from a reseller here who will handle the warranty process for 12 months.

TSKagekiyo
post Oct 20 2021, 10:55 PM

On my way
503 posts

First page has been updated with reseller prices, first impression videos, etc.

Will also include a bulk buy option for those looking to purchase a Spigen case direct from Amazon after i've figured out the costing, logistics, etc.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 21 2021, 11:32 AM

On my way
503 posts

It looks like Google US online store has re-stocked on the Google 6 and 6 Pro's.

If you were to place a pre-order now, the estimated delivery date will be 1st week of December 2021 for Standard/Priority shipping and earliest Nov 30 for Expedited shipping. Literally a day's difference at an additional USD14 or USD19.

https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_6_pro?hl=en-US

user posted image

I have read on Reddit forums on buyers based in USA have also expressed the same dissapointment that their pre-orders have been delayed from mid Nov 2021 to first week of Dec 2021 in some cases ordering from Google US online store. Whereas for some other buyers who went to brick and mortar retailers such as Best Buy, they were informed by the staff that they don't have physical stock in hand and is only expected to recieve the first batch "in the coming weeks".

URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/commen...n_google_store/

So, what does this all mean for us as a end customer/potential buyer? Just be patient since stock availability seems to be affecting both online and offline Retailers alike. In the meantime, we can digest the first hand reviews when the embargo is lifted on 25 Oct before deciding to make a purchase or not.
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 21 2021, 02:44 PM

On my way
503 posts

Some additional videos and photos taken using the Pixel 6/6 Pro demo units at Best Buy Retailers for those curious about the video/photo quality before the embargo reviews are out on 25 Oct:

Pixel 6 Pro 4K 60FPS Video stabilization compared with the Pixel 5:

General user review of the overall Pixel 6 Pro's build quality, screen and sample photos/telephoto/magic eraser:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/commen...o_and_here_are/
https://imgur.com/a/UpeqGVU

User review on all Spigen cases for the Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro:

Very detailed general user review of the Pixel 6/6 Pro's hardware, screen, photo quality, haptics, etc (on-going thread):

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/commen...ro_impressions/
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMdpbR...0RnZFZBdnFFR2JB
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMN-O6...HZDT09VcXU2cnNR

Pixel 6 pro vs Pixel 4XL's photo comparison:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/commen...by_side_photos/
https://imgur.com/a/GnxRmjT

This post has been edited by Kagekiyo: Oct 21 2021, 02:45 PM
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 21 2021, 10:20 PM

On my way
503 posts

First page has been updated with:

- 4G/LTE band compatibility with local Telco networks (Maxis, Digi & Celcom)
- Android OS & Security updates table for Pixel 2 to 6
- 2 x last slots are available for anyone who wants to buy Spigen cases + screen protectors direct from Amazon USA organized by myself

This post has been edited by Kagekiyo: Oct 21 2021, 10:49 PM
TSKagekiyo
post Oct 22 2021, 03:27 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Oct 21 2021, 03:11 PM)
the photo quality looks worse in p6

so much noise
Yup.

There's alot of chatter on the Reddit forums saying that the Pixel 6/6 Pro demo units have/have not updated their camera software hence why some of the photos/videos aren't looking as "good as what Google claims". It also would probably explain why Google enforced the dual embargo on the media to only release a "first impressions" excluding camera features/sample shots on 19 Oct because their engineers were busy working on a camera update to be pushed out in time for the 25 Oct "full review" embargo is removed.

Interesting times we live in when it comes to rushed hardware & software.

On the flipside, here's a new interesting video comparing the Google Pixel 6 Pro vs Apple Iphone 13 Pro that gives us a better look at some real life scenarios when using both phones to take photos (spoken language is Chinese):

TSKagekiyo
post Oct 24 2021, 09:56 AM

On my way
503 posts

First thread update:

- Added Geekbench score for the Google Pixel 6 pro

user posted image

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th May 2022 - 06:45 AM