Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

views

Cyberman2
post May 6 2022, 10:44 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(zhuoyang @ May 6 2022, 07:52 PM)
First thing first, having unlocked bootloader means safetynet will fail, which makes you unable to use apps that check for safetynet (banking apps, Pokemon go), so you'll need to use universal safetynet fix to pass safetynet anyway.

Secondly, there's still security issue, having unlocked bootloader means allowing your phone to use any bootloader and kernel, thus allowing root access. Although they won't be able to decrypt your data even with root access, they can inject malicious modules in your kernel and wait you to unlock/decrypt the phone yourself then only they start to hijack your phone.

With that being said, having just unlocked bootloader is much safer than having both root and unlocked bootloader, since with unlocked bootloader you are mostly vulnerable to just physical attack.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am just stating this from the knowledge I know.
Thanks. Very informative.

Ok got it. Meaning with unlock bootloader still need safetynet fix for banking app

aneip
post May 7 2022, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

Anyone test the TNG enhanced card ? Can read / topup using pixel 6?
wanttotree
post May 7 2022, 08:39 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(aneip @ May 7 2022, 07:20 PM)
Anyone test the TNG enhanced card ? Can read / topup using pixel 6?
Works on mine. Had to add the card manually though. After that everything is working as expected.
cruzzmz
post May 9 2022, 12:34 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,265 posts

So i have flashed the May update and seems like all is good. Also have done the xml patch.
Bear in mind after the patch you need to reboot the phone in order to get the setting option

also after uninstalling magisk the xml works rclxm9.gif
means i am not rooted

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: May 9 2022, 12:41 PM
selphy
post May 9 2022, 06:38 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(zhuoyang @ May 6 2022, 07:52 PM)
First thing first, having unlocked bootloader means safetynet will fail, which makes you unable to use apps that check for safetynet (banking apps, Pokemon go), so you'll need to use universal safetynet fix to pass safetynet anyway.

Secondly, there's still security issue, having unlocked bootloader means allowing your phone to use any bootloader and kernel, thus allowing root access. Although they won't be able to decrypt your data even with root access, they can inject malicious modules in your kernel and wait you to unlock/decrypt the phone yourself then only they start to hijack your phone.

With that being said, having just unlocked bootloader is much safer than having both root and unlocked bootloader, since with unlocked bootloader you are mostly vulnerable to just physical attack.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am just stating this from the knowledge I know.
Banking apps will fail if you are rooted (not including Magisk hide options etc), but i am using MAE and CIMB Clicks fine so far on my phone with an unlocked bootloader, but unrooted of course. For good measure I installed and was able to launch Pokemon Go also, though i don't have an account and did not get to play.

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 9 2022, 12:34 PM)
So i have flashed the May update and seems like all is good. Also have done the xml patch.
Bear in mind after the patch you need to reboot the phone in order to get the setting option

also after uninstalling magisk the xml works  rclxm9.gif
means i am not rooted
Welcome to the xml club haha!
cruzzmz
post May 10 2022, 09:59 AM

uh weeee !!!!
6,265 posts

QUOTE(selphy @ May 9 2022, 06:38 PM)

but it is funny since it wont show HD voice on the phone calls but i still can browse the internet hahaha ... also the wifi call is unstable now than using the volte magisk module
ah well cant complaint

sweat.gif
del85
post May 10 2022, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

Anyone here try May Update? Any comments or feedback?
MR 8925
post May 10 2022, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Hi guys, just bought pixel 6 from shirogawa. Can anyone recommend a good place (preferably west klang valley) to buy and install silicon film protector for both front screen and camera visor? I got similar kind protector from Mobile outfitters for my pixel 2 xl but I don't think they operate anymore. Seems like they closed the shop at Sunway.
chriscym
post May 10 2022, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(MR 8925 @ May 10 2022, 02:42 PM)
Hi guys, just bought pixel 6 from shirogawa. Can anyone recommend a good place (preferably west klang valley) to buy and install silicon film protector for both front screen and camera visor? I got similar kind protector from Mobile outfitters for my pixel 2 xl but I don't think they operate anymore. Seems like they closed the shop at Sunway.
buy from Amazon, the best is whitestone dome. I had bad experience with TPU screen protector since I had pixel 6 with curved screen , the TPU doesnt work well for me

This post has been edited by chriscym: May 10 2022, 04:36 PM
zhuoyang
post May 10 2022, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(selphy @ May 9 2022, 06:38 PM)
Banking apps will fail if you are rooted (not including Magisk hide options etc), but i am using MAE and CIMB Clicks fine so far on my phone with an unlocked bootloader, but unrooted of course. For good measure I installed and was able to launch Pokemon Go also, though i don't have an account and did not get to play.
Interesting, maybe they don't use safetynet to detect root then, probably because they need to support Huawei devices that don't have GMS. You can download safetynet checker from play store to see if you can pass safetynet.

EDIT: After further digging, seems like unlocking bootloader only fail ctsProfileMatch, so that a more lenient app that only check for basicIntegrity still works after unlocking bootloader.

This post has been edited by zhuoyang: May 10 2022, 04:57 PM
cruzzmz
post May 10 2022, 07:41 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,265 posts

QUOTE(MR 8925 @ May 10 2022, 02:42 PM)
ill go for ibywind ... but now china lockdown maybe a bit slow ... it come with 2 TG and a frame to guide you to install the TG

QUOTE(del85 @ May 10 2022, 01:08 PM)
no complaint so far from me .... but then again i did a full wipe sweat.gif

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: May 10 2022, 07:42 PM
Cyberman2
post May 11 2022, 02:31 PM

Casual
327 posts

i had battery drain issue with May update. It seems Youtube is the highest that consume the battery even i did not open it at all.

Workaround : Had to force stop youtube every time

No issue before May update

user posted image
vrn4u P
post May 12 2022, 01:42 AM

Probation
4 posts

Hi all,
May I know is the network connectivity of pixel 6 strong enough? Since volte is not activated (not root device), the only option is to depend on internet call like whatsapp and so. If the connectivity is bad, I think this phone is useless.

I’m in the middle finding a new phone and Pey much I would like to return to pixel after I stop at nexus 5.

I’m using maxis and hope someone can enlighten me on this before I purchase the pixel 6 as my daily driver. Thanks
cruzzmz
post May 12 2022, 09:27 AM

uh weeee !!!!
6,265 posts

QUOTE(vrn4u @ May 12 2022, 01:42 AM)
Hi all,
May I know is the network connectivity of pixel 6 strong enough? Since volte is not activated (not root device), the only option is to depend on internet call like whatsapp and so. If the connectivity is bad, I think this phone is useless.

I’m in the middle finding a new phone and Pey much I would like to return to pixel after I stop at nexus 5.

I’m using maxis and hope someone can enlighten me on this before I purchase the pixel 6 as my daily driver. Thanks
not sure on others but as for celcom im getting at par. Maybe better to get it volte enable.
Last time there was issues with maxis but not sure if it has been resolved by changing the APN maybe others could give feedback
vrn4u P
post May 12 2022, 09:40 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 12 2022, 09:27 AM)
not sure on others but as for celcom im getting at par. Maybe better to get it volte enable.
Last time there was issues with maxis but not sure if it has been resolved by changing the APN maybe others could give feedback
how about high rise building or underground carpark...will the line ok?
I'm not going to root the phone and bcos of this i will fully depend on internal calls therefore the network stability is crucial for me.
Hopefully some maxis users can provide their experience to me before I go for pixel 6.
cwk0713
post May 12 2022, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
283 posts

Pixel 7 design confirmed!!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
azhar75
post May 12 2022, 11:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

Some1 copy-meow some1 else...LOL...

user posted image
cruzzmz
post May 12 2022, 02:02 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,265 posts

QUOTE(vrn4u @ May 12 2022, 09:40 AM)
how about high rise building or underground carpark...will the line ok?
I'm not going to root the phone and bcos of this i will fully depend on internal calls therefore the network stability is crucial for me.
Hopefully some maxis users can provide their experience to me before I go for pixel 6.
Not sure about it since i now a days work from home and i am in a landed house. As for me sometimes it will switch to vowifi since i am connected to my wifi.
Well u can just root and unroot it again just using the xml technique.

all the best to u
lonelywolf90
post May 17 2022, 11:04 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 10 2022, 09:59 AM)
but it is funny since it wont show HD voice on the phone calls but i still can browse the internet hahaha ... also the wifi call is unstable now than using the volte magisk module
ah well cant complaint

sweat.gif
So I suppose there's no method that doesn't have any bad implications right?

I use banking apps a lot since I'm always on the go, so I certainly can't go for the root option is it?

I'm still in a dilemma, been using the Pixel Pro for about 5 months already, happy with it except the occasional bugs especially on the fingerprint reader after the may update.

Since I'm on the go, I'm starting to miss VOLTE more since I hotspot to my laptop sometimes.

So, root, unlock bootloader, Magisk, XML, which is the safest approach at the moment?
nazeric
post May 17 2022, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

On Pixel 6, I'm having mobile network connectivity issues since May update (LTE keeps disconnecting). Always have to turn airplane mode on and off to get connection back. Anyone with similar issue and solutions?

193 Pages « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:32 AM