10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

views

bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 01:18 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 8 2021, 12:39 PM)
I will probably order the hydrogel screen protector for the time being. Im really scared to scratch the screen cz i upgrade annually so i want to have a perfect condition phone for the new owner next year.

Sot i cant answer yet, maybe i will get back next week. I have been charging halfway though the day since i got it. I cant put this phone down. I just downloaded genshin last night, im guessing my battery will be abysmal today.

Now that u mention it, yes it is not making sense. Other phones all have wifi 6e already. Quick google tells me even samsung fold 3 has wifi 6e.
Report back on usability when u get the screen protector installed bruh thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(zhuoyang @ Nov 8 2021, 12:49 PM)
I am not too sure but probably other wifi 6e phones disabled them in the software? Features often get disabled in the software if it's not approved by local regulatory (eg. ECG in galaxy watch)
This im not too sure either. Hafta ask owners of the other phones with 6E sad.gif Or its just another case of SIRIM/Kastam 'pay up if caught' import stuffs laugh.gif
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 01:31 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 8 2021, 01:22 PM)
I think the "pay up" is legitimate. I suggest whoever need it released, go meet the person in charge and ask for a solution. Im genuinely rooting for u guys. Here's hoping for all pixel 6/pro owner get theirs by the end of this week.
Well regulations is regulations, I suppose. Just hope whoever stuck with SIRIM didn't have to return their phones or such.. and since there are others that got theirs problem free, like urs.

What's your plan to deal with the 3G sunset coming, btw?
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 02:02 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Nov 8 2021, 01:55 PM)
3g sunset is definitely gonna a problem for a lot of Pixel owners. It might not be the most elegant solution, but rooting is not out of the context here. I think at least 1 telco will update their volte database for the new pixel in the future. Although i am not counting on that.
At least I see Unifi and Yoodo having Pixel models listed in their 4G compatible phones.. I kind of hoping they would somehow support VoLTE for Pixels. The way I see it now, unless you have Samsungs/Iphones/Xiaomi Huawei Vivo Oppo phones, other brands are a hit and miss on VoLTE support even though purchased officially here.
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 03:13 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 8 2021, 02:50 PM)
you wont be able to access internet while taking the call at same time as the call network will use 2G.
Yea imagine ur close to chicken dinner with PUBG then a call comes in tongue.gif or using Waze or something like that, masuk longkang liao laugh.gif . Not to mention using flagship Google phone but making calls with 20-year old tech is kinda sad unsure.gif

Been fooling around with dual sim standby (1 voice 1 data) with my 4a to see if data drops during call, so far no dice. Probably I need to swap around and test more.

This post has been edited by bahjan_2000: Nov 8 2021, 03:14 PM
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 03:33 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 8 2021, 03:25 PM)
usin esim as data? ... wont it kacau the data when call come in??

webe listed pixel ?? which pixel ??
Ah I am currently using Yoodo e-sim as voice/data on my 4a, couple days ago got a physical sim to try separate both and see if data will drop during calls. Still does, maybe I'm doing it wrong, will test further.

As far as I just checked, Unifi mobile listed all Pixels (xcept the 6) in their phone compatibility link here, but VoLTE is still X, of course sad.gif

This post has been edited by bahjan_2000: Nov 8 2021, 03:34 PM
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 03:42 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 8 2021, 03:37 PM)
maybe u need to do dual sim ... and see if the phone can do data on esim and voice on sim. Last time i use that setting on ip xr and seems to work but i didnt test volte though sweat.gif

i see ... most likely no volte since they are using celcom as the voice carrier and celcom dont list pixel  hahaha  whistling.gif
Yes since 4a only have 1 physical sim and 1 e-sim, I am currently doing that (physical sim as voice and e-sim as data vice versa) and see if the data drops during calls. Still does atm tho sad.gif
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 04:27 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Nov 8 2021, 04:10 PM)
during waze/navigation mode is the worst experience when call comes in, not to mention it is even dangerous.  mad.gif
A lot of new cars nowdays have some kind of phone mirror system like android auto, what to do sad.gif if on highway disconnect got in wrong exit, habis

Not to mention if no carrier supports e-sim for P6, I most probably have to change back to physical sim later on, too
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 07:09 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 8 2021, 06:13 PM)
can try with yoodo ... i will try it once i get my p6 ... which is dunno when  sweat.gif

any telco that offer the best data prepaid that runs on esim??? prefer the no need to go counter one  whistling.gif
I still think Yoodo is the best for this, as you can adjust ur bill/usage monthly, can do everything from the app, and considering they support a whole range of Pixels, they would probably support P6 too. Hopefully, that is sweat.gif

So I just tested further using 2 sims from Yoodo, both having voice and data, (1esim, and 1 physical sim), set one for voice and another for data, and then swap their functions for another round. So during calls, LTE does drop, the symbol disappeared altogether - but when I enable 'enable this sim for data during calls' which is only available on the sim that is set for voice only, it only drops to 3G, like, uh, currently. Which is a moot point when 3G sunset happens next year sad.gif

I suppose this IS the nature of DSDS - Dual Sim Dual Standby, as opposed of DSDA - Dual Sim Dual Active, which I believe even the 6 doesn't have (not sure which phones have this currently..) and is a hardware feature, and cannot be enabled with software update etc, like DSDS. Even Google's own support page says "During a phone call, all data goes through the SIM making the call" so the other one is inactive. Can receive calls from any sims at any time, though. Just no 1-voice 1-data thing my idea originally had. Could've saved some time if I did more reading before ordering another sim blush.gif Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Or if there's any request for me to test this in another way, I'm open to suggestions and willing to.

So have to figure out VoLTE one way or another, I guess.

This post has been edited by bahjan_2000: Nov 8 2021, 09:42 PM
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 10:54 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(Hurmm @ Nov 8 2021, 10:29 PM)
Bummer that this doesn't have VoLTE. Maybe worth reconsidering if I should get this...

Why don't everyone who owns this phone write a feedback to the telcos requesting for VoLTE enablement? Worth a shot if they suddenly receive a number of requests for a specific phone model....
Well, maybe if we can pool together like, 50k or so Pixel users together for a petition to a single telco.. I read somewhere that telco needs to submit certain test report to Mcmc and SIRIM both to get VoLTE approval.
bahjan_2000
post Nov 8 2021, 11:00 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(jeushyun @ Nov 8 2021, 10:57 PM)
Is there any way to get this done? Someone has to create the petition and share the link here  biggrin.gif
Maybe rope in some of those famous local YouTuber or Instafemes? Haha
bahjan_2000
post Nov 9 2021, 06:45 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 8 2021, 11:19 PM)
SIRIM testing is RM20k a pop. Who wanna pay?

If Google officially sell here then they will foot the bill la.
Wow wacko.gif so say for 3 Pixel models, 60k issit?
bahjan_2000
post Nov 9 2021, 10:20 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 9 2021, 10:06 AM)
IINM they charge by SKU. Px6 128GB and Px6 256GB is considered as two different devices.

I don't know if color variations constitute as different device.

So, you imagine la, how much to certify all the variations. laugh.gif
Then its almost certain Pixel users will have to deal with 2G/Whatsapp call next year, huh sweat.gif No one likes bad news, but this is unavoidable I guess.. unless somehow Google sets up shop here next year or so. Or gomen delays the 3G sunset.

Heard some telco in India resorted to VoLTE thru app. I wonder how viable/possible it is here.
bahjan_2000
post Nov 9 2021, 11:27 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Nov 9 2021, 10:53 AM)
super exclusive too

have been asked by strangers few times is that a pixel phone im using
If Pixels are sold officially here, I reckon the user base would be pretty big. The a series are pretty cheap, and decent. Wishing for something that will not happen, are we tongue.gif Granted I have a lil bit of regret on ordering my 6, but oh well.. haven't used a mainstream phone in what, close to 10 years or so. With a Xperia, OG Pixel, Motorola Z3 and current 4a sweat.gif
bahjan_2000
post Nov 10 2021, 09:51 AM

Casual
320 posts

Considering demand is quite high this time around and they don't even have enough stocks layin around, doesn't make sense for them to offer deals on it, right
bahjan_2000
post Nov 10 2021, 02:51 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 10 2021, 01:58 PM)
IT'S. HERE. MFERS. rclxm9.gif
[attachmentid=11033502]
I thought an Elite tag would get a Pro for sure sweat.gif where did you get it from?

QUOTE(Kagekiyo @ Nov 10 2021, 02:02 PM)
Just letting you good folks know that i'm having a Mini Bulk 2 to order Spigen cases directly from Amazon USA that will take around 1 - 1.5 weeks max to arrive Malaysia.

As i'm doing this as a favor to the community, my prices will be cheaper compared to resellers anywhere between RM50 - RM60 depending on which case model you're keen on.

For more details, please refer to page 1 of the thread for details.
This is sweet, I might just join in! I wonder why Spigen cases from Amazon is cheaper from Spigen themselves though.. last time also bought from Amazon for my Z3.

This post has been edited by bahjan_2000: Nov 10 2021, 02:53 PM
bahjan_2000
post Nov 10 2021, 06:50 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 10 2021, 06:35 PM)
More problems arise

1. Ghost call because of Google assistant
2. Fingerprint scanner can't be used if phone died cos no juice

Wow .. Google have outdone themselves this time
Seems like something would be fixed via updates. Even the almighty iOS had its fair share of bugs, no?

Not that I would like my phone to suddenly call my managing director while being in my pants, though 😅
bahjan_2000
post Nov 11 2021, 03:14 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(Kagekiyo @ Nov 11 2021, 02:42 PM)
Yes, i experienced the same yellowing of the Ringke fusion clear case when using it with my Pixel 3 previously after around the 7 - 9 month mark.
I had the smoked Ringke Fusion case for my Pixel 3 aswell and it is much better in concealing the yellowing versus the clear case.

There is a rear matte/frosted Ringke Fusion case that is currently on sale in Lazada for the Pixel 6 for anyone is considering a sturdy case that is below RM50:

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ringke-f...&freeshipping=1

Heck, the even have released their own tempered glass protector for the front and cameras for both Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro (but no reviews on whether its good):

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ringke-t...Nqtvvr&search=1

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ringke-t...Nqtvvr&search=1
I always have doubts on putting glass over camera lens. Makes me think it would somewhat, alter the picture quality or something? There are some variants with holes over the lens etc though, I might opt that. Saw jerryrig's video and it doesn't seem the camera bar is that durable.
bahjan_2000
post Nov 13 2021, 12:09 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Nov 12 2021, 11:34 PM)
For those with the phone, how's the voice call quality? Telco signal reception good?
I guess have to test calls with 2G lo sweat.gif
bahjan_2000
post Nov 13 2021, 08:27 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 13 2021, 12:32 AM)
I found the voice quality to be exceptional.  Reception felt just as good as any other phone.
On 3G..?
bahjan_2000
post Nov 13 2021, 01:40 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Nov 13 2021, 01:06 PM)
3G sunset is coming soon  whistling.gif
by Jan 2022 no more

unless you are on celcom and living in klang valley

Ah well seems like the only way to enable VoLTE on pixel in malaysia is by rooting and use the magisk method  ranting.gif

Just tested on 3xl on celcom .. it will fall to 2G and no internet while talking on phone as what has been discussed in the forum ... danggggg
Makes me think what'll happen after this when I use TnG ewallet (which I use daily) and a call comes in 🥲

After the call, how fast it switches back to 4G?

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd May 2022 - 09:50 AM