4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

views

QuickFire
post Dec 10 2021, 05:36 PM

The more you sin the more you win
2,865 posts

I think having a 15% or so mark up is still reasonable. After all they also have to pay taxes or like 6-10%? Plus assume risk of delivery, customs, etc.
QuickFire
post Dec 12 2021, 10:56 AM

2,865 posts

Is there a definitive guide to rooting the Pixel 6? Any difference for users outside of US?

Would rooting disable usage of banking apps like CIMB, RHB, Maybank?
QuickFire
post Dec 12 2021, 02:09 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Dec 12 2021, 11:47 AM)
Any noob can follow this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/pixel-6-...4#post-86062799

Difference is u will be rooted. Root has pros and cons. Do your research on that end.

No it wont disable banking apps. Just install this magisk module.
=https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/v2.2.0

If you are a first time root-er, simply follow step by step will only take 20mins or so. If u know what ur doing, half that. Happy rooting.
Thanks man. I rooted my Nexus 5 but that was years ago and I've never really been one of the rooting communities...I root just to unlock some features. For pixel 6 I guess I'll need it for VoLTE. If only maxis would enable it...
QuickFire
post Dec 17 2021, 01:57 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ Dec 17 2021, 11:04 AM)
seems p6 wont support voWiFi also for maxis sweat.gif
Would rooting unable that?
QuickFire
post Dec 17 2021, 02:45 PM

2,865 posts

Apart from VoLTE and call screening, are there any other features of Pixel that us Malaysians won't get without rooting?
QuickFire
post Dec 17 2021, 04:07 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Dec 17 2021, 03:36 PM)
Not once
Where are you located at?
QuickFire
post Dec 17 2021, 10:05 PM

2,865 posts

Reading all this I'm having second thoughts about using the Pixel 6. It's on the way but I'm considering just getting a OnePlus 9 Pro instead.
QuickFire
post Dec 17 2021, 10:27 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(jeushyun @ Dec 17 2021, 10:16 PM)
Initially, I planned to upgrade to OP9 but the new OS is exactly the same as ColorOS which I cannot stand it. Like the only reason to use a OP phone is the Oxygen OS.

Try using it when your P6 arrive and judge by yourself. In terms of OS, can say Material You is the best for me so far.
Yeah it's a dearth of good android phones available now. OP9 Pro at RM2.5K sounded like the best alternative there is now.
QuickFire
post Jan 1 2022, 12:19 AM

2,865 posts

Just set up my pixel 6. Not sure if I wanna root yet given I'll be using banking apps on this.

Just tried a phone call and the voice quality is pretty bad...I guess it fell back to 2G.

Btw, I'm on Maxis and someone mentioned previously to change the APN to unet. How do I do this? Mine is connected to max4g. Do I just edit the name as save as unet?
QuickFire
post Jan 1 2022, 10:17 AM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Nov 11 2021, 08:05 PM)
I figured out my issue.

I'm using Maxis and the default APN is max4g. I changed it to unet and my speeds are back.

Wtf...
I only see max4g listed in the APN list on my pixel 6. No other APN is shown. How do you add unet?

Would anyone else know how to do this?

Thanks.
QuickFire
post Jan 1 2022, 09:43 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Jan 1 2022, 06:59 PM)
Just edit it, change the name to unet then save.

If it doesn't work, it means Maxis has made some changes in their backend.
Thanks. I did that it it seems to work. 4G cover seems about normal now (which is to say for Maxis is typically shit, but at least not shittier).
QuickFire
post Jan 2 2022, 06:44 PM

2,865 posts

Well after using the phone for two days (with Dec patch sideloaded), all I can say is that the fingerprint sensor is absolutely, undeniably atrocious. Half the time it doesn't work, and when it does, it's still a bit slow and there's a lag going into the home screen.

It's so bad I may just use the pattern draw instead.

Shame on Google for releasing something as basically shoddy as this.
QuickFire
post Jan 4 2022, 04:01 PM

2,865 posts

I must say I really like the Material You integration. Very cool.

I noticed the keyboard doesn't have dynamic theming turned on by default. You need to turn it on yourself.
QuickFire
post Jan 4 2022, 04:43 PM

2,865 posts

In the end I didn't root. Call quality is still ok for me, and I also hardly make many calls. Plus LTE returns quite swiftly after the call ends. So I think it's a decent enough compromise instead of wrangling over root and losing root after updates, etc.
QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 12:27 AM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Jan 4 2022, 07:42 PM)
I find the live translate and live caption translate is really impressive. This could very well be the only reason I buy a pixel 6, can do a live translation over any video in Japanese.

user posted image
How do you enable this? I've enabled live translate under settings and added a few languages, but I still don't see the translate button popping up when I get a foreign language message on WhatsApp.
QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 09:55 AM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(xiaot3ng @ Jan 5 2022, 01:27 AM)
[attachmentid=11069744]
do you turn them on ?
and I found that if you try translate from English is a bit hard to trigger.
Yes it's on, but I tested by having someone send me a text in Japanese in WhatsApp and I don't see it translated or any button popping up asking whether to translate. Does it work on yours?
QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 02:37 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Jan 5 2022, 11:03 AM)
@QuickFire
Live translate will work with japanese and some other language not all, you have to first add  japanese into the Live Translate in setting (it will also tell you when you select the language what it can do , for example japanese can support messaging, live caption, camera, interpreter mode but chinese only messaging and camera only), after enabling the live translate then in your whatsapp chat window under the keyboard u should see the translate icon , tap on it then chose the language. To auto translate Japanese u can tap on the japanese word and copy and it will give u other options to auto translate Japanese into English for your whole window. I make a video how to do it. Maybe my example is not so clear but u get the idea. Hope it helps

See here --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fru4T9HGRtakc6C28
Oh so I need to select the text in the message, copy, and then the floating translate menu comes up. I thought it would detect automatically once it sees another language.

QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 06:38 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Jan 5 2022, 11:03 AM)
@QuickFire
Live translate will work with japanese and some other language not all, you have to first add  japanese into the Live Translate in setting (it will also tell you when you select the language what it can do , for example japanese can support messaging, live caption, camera, interpreter mode but chinese only messaging and camera only), after enabling the live translate then in your whatsapp chat window under the keyboard u should see the translate icon , tap on it then chose the language. To auto translate Japanese u can tap on the japanese word and copy and it will give u other options to auto translate Japanese into English for your whole window. I make a video how to do it. Maybe my example is not so clear but u get the idea. Hope it helps

See here --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fru4T9HGRtakc6C28
Ok I got it to work seamlessly. I think it needs to detect many messages of a different language before it triggers the floating translate button. If it's just one message you need to highlight and copy before it appears.

But it it's a string of such messages...it auto translates on the message itself for you. Pretty cool.

QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 06:39 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(jeushyun @ Jan 5 2022, 04:55 PM)
saw someone posted on FB that P6 Volte is supported if using Yoodo. Anyone can verify??

Link: https://support.yoodo.com.my/hc/en-us/artic...iTbRqJ8CQmPo2LM

user posted image
Wow this is great. I'll send this to Maxis. Lol.
QuickFire
post Jan 5 2022, 10:45 PM

2,865 posts

Does anyone have the same high battery usage from mobile standby as me?

user posted image

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0397sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:12 AM