Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2014 Toyota Mark X or 2015 Infiniti Q50?

views

ayamxxx
post Oct 11 2021, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Oct 8 2021, 10:52 PM)
I have the similar consideration before.
MarkX 2017
Q50 2015
IS250 2014
GS250 2012

Previous ES250 is out of my consideration, it's is FWD, floaty and it drives more like a Camry.. New ES has improved but it cost >200k

Q50 is the most value for money, but there is a reason for it, less demand, Infiniti closed down in Malaysia, less following, smaller community. There are ppl who are skeptical on the drive by wire system. It runs on runflat without spare tyre. By now the car is close to 7 years old. I am not sure how much care is required for an aging M274 Mercedes engine, it's a turbo

MarkX, IS250 and GS250 are using the exact same powertrain 4GS-FSE, proven to be bulletproof and reliable over the last 15 years. Easier to maintain. Lexus and Toyota users are quite happy with the maintenance so far.

IS250 and MarkX have huge following and bigger community to support each other. The 3rd gen of IS250 has very stubborn used car value and I have given up looking for them.

I am more inclined to Mark X latest 2017 model which comes with Toyota Safety Sense (pre collision, adaptive cruise control, land departure warning) that the GS and IS do not have. Mark X is unique and just like GS, Toyota has decided to kill them, no more in production anymore.

For me it is simple, inline-4 turbo will still exist in the next 20 years but V6 NA is a dying breed that we can only enjoy now, they will go extinct very soon.
was in Miri, Serawak now. Surprisingly I saw more MarkX cars here than in KL. Looks premium compared to my Accord. But the V6 configuration, although it is smooth as butter, don't expect it to return a good FC, especially city if vs inline 4. Was experienced with my dad's old E240 V6 vs E200k on FC daily drive.
twincharger07
post Oct 11 2021, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 11 2021, 11:42 AM)
was in Miri, Serawak now. Surprisingly I saw more MarkX cars here than in KL. Looks premium compared to my Accord. But the V6 configuration, although it is smooth as butter, don't expect it to return a good FC, especially city if vs inline 4. Was experienced with my dad's old E240 V6 vs E200k on FC daily drive.
yea.. Mark X has a huge following in Sarawak. They have their own FB group.

Yup.... Toyota's way is if you want more power and reliability, i give you more CC.
Fuel efficiency on this 4GR is nothing to shout about although they have VVTi and direct injection.
Later Toyota created the 2L turbo which FC also not great.

Poor FC is not gonna rob the bank, at most it is RM50-100 extra permonth, that would be ~RM1000 extra per year. If can afford RM880 roadtax, RM1000 extra on fuel is still manageable.

This will be for my long journey cruiser for weekends and long trip. City/town use wise, i still have my HRV

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Oct 11 2021, 12:01 PM
constant_weight
post Oct 11 2021, 12:54 PM

Enthusiast
856 posts

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Oct 11 2021, 10:57 AM)
The gap between 2017 and newer ones direct import from Japan would cost between 10k to 20k depending to the car condition.
I haven't really tested the TSS 1.0, yes 2.0 has better enhancement. The DRCC operates at 25-110km/h. I guess the enhanced one operates at full range starting from 0km/h.

Coming from Honda that only has passive cruise control and my previous VW which has almost zero active safety feature (other than ESP), the TSS would be something added value for me.

Most VW doesnt have these feature, not even the new Passat. unless if buyers go for the new Arteon 4-motion
TSS 2.0 improvement is not limited to full range DRCC. It no longer brake hard and don't accelerate like a maniacs. A lot smoother and civilized, that you will actually willing to use it.

Try get 2.0 if you can get over the 10-20k difference.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 AM