Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

5+2 Seaters Options, CRV vs Tiguan Allspace vs Outlander

views

SUSBillCollector
post Oct 11 2021, 02:27 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(wxng @ Oct 7 2021, 10:21 AM)
I am looking for a 7 seaters option (5+2) and after some look around, i came down to the following choices which within my budget range ~160k.

- Tiguan 1.4 Allspace
- Honda CRV 1.5t
- Mitsubushi Outlander

Anyone has experience or opinion to share on the above? specifically on safety, comfort (interior space) and boot capacity.

FYI, I have not visit the showrooms yet or test drive any.
I previously owned a Kia Sorento UM-series, in terms of seating 7 it was definitely one of the better ones below RM200k. If you're willing to get a 2nd hand one, get a 2.2D version of this as it's a better SUV than the Tiguan or Outlander.

Most SUVs when the 3rd row seats are in use the overall boot capacity does drop significantly, on the Sorento it was down to 1/5th.

I wouldn't put money into the Mitsubishi Outlander, it isn't a family friendly SUV.

If you'll be using the 7 seating capacity often, you're better off getting a MPV, the Kia Carnival is a good choice too. Also worth looking into is the Maxus G10.
9m2w
post Dec 3 2021, 01:11 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

Sorry to necro this thread but TS did you take the plunge with the Allspace?

I'm looking for a 6/7 seater as well. Settling for the CX-8 but the Six seater mid plus config.

But i'm tempted to take a look at the Allspace as the second row can be made into a three seat row. Once my kids outgrow their child seats and require less space consuming child boosters i foresee putting them all into to second row and folding up the third row permanently. The rear row sitting on top of the rear axle I fear is just gonna induce car sickness in my kids for long distance journeys

Cant have this versatility with the CX-8. But reliability is a big question mark with VWs

Comments from Allspace owners welcomed!

Mr Mercedes
post Dec 6 2021, 03:35 PM

Casual
392 posts

Personally, i'd go for a mildly used Santa Fe or CX-8 for the budget.

Or maybe top up a bit and get the 5008 facelift.
contagiouseddie
post Dec 6 2021, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(wxng @ Oct 7 2021, 01:29 PM)
thanks, didn't know Malaysian CRV has no +2.. will exclude from consideration then.
the 3rd row is planned to be used by my children <5yo only, not for adults.. so as long as can fit in the carseats its fine i guess.
collectively from the reply, i guess i will pay a visit to nissan showroom as well to look at xtrail, probably consider roti mpv serena πŸ˜€

Thanks for the feedback.
5 year old should be on the baby seat. In fact best if as long as possible until weight is above 36 kg or too tall on a booster seat.
post Dec 9 2021, 11:07 AM

536 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Dec 3 2021, 01:11 PM)
Sorry to necro this thread but TS did you take the plunge with the Allspace?

I'm looking for a 6/7 seater as well. Settling for the CX-8 but the Six seater mid plus config.

But i'm tempted to take a look at the Allspace as the second row can be made into a three seat row. Once my kids outgrow their child seats and require less space consuming child boosters i foresee putting them all into to second row and folding up the third row permanently. The rear row sitting on top of the rear axle I fear is just gonna induce car sickness in my kids for long distance journeys

Cant have this versatility with the CX-8. But reliability is a big question mark with VWs

Comments from Allspace owners welcomed!
cx-8 mid plus is one of it kind, because you get a walking path to 3rd row.
imagine if you have 2 child seat planted on 2nd row, you wont able to to move the seat easily to access the 3rd row.

allspace 3rd row aint that big compare to cx-8.
cx-8 wheelbase is longer than allspace too.

This post has been edited by 47100: Dec 9 2021, 11:11 AM
9m2w
post Dec 11 2021, 06:52 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(47100 @ Dec 9 2021, 11:07 AM)
cx-8 mid plus is one of it kind, because you get a walking path to 3rd row.
imagine if you have 2 child seat planted on 2nd row, you wont able to to move the seat easily to access the 3rd row.

allspace 3rd row aint that big compare to cx-8.
cx-8 wheelbase is longer than allspace too.
Yeah. Just took a look at the allspace and the besides the versatility of the 2nd row doesn't really stack up well with the CX 8 in most areas. Like you say the aisle in the middle is a big thing

Thanks for the feedback
khreve
post Dec 11 2021, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

Honda CRV or Nissan X-Trail

Hyundai Santa Fe
(need to top up quite a bit plus maintenance are higher too)
frequency
post Dec 12 2021, 12:49 AM

ζˆ‘θ¦ζŒ‘ζˆ˜εδΈͺ!
2,552 posts

Outlander stop production now, maybe new version coming ? (the 3rd row space worse than current though)

News that Sorento 2022 CKD coming...
Mr Mercedes
post Dec 13 2021, 03:14 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(frequency @ Dec 12 2021, 12:49 AM)
Outlander stop production now, maybe new version coming ? (the 3rd row space worse than current though)

News that Sorento 2022 CKD coming...
The new Sorento is a very good looking SUV.

Hopefully it's priced below the likes of the 5008, CX-8 and Santa Fe.

4WD_er
post Dec 13 2021, 03:58 PM

Casual
459 posts

The new Sorento is even better looking than many premium marques SUV, at least in my opinion. It's so handsome 😍
widget
post Dec 13 2021, 05:48 PM

Regular
1,155 posts

With the new Carnival now being priced at RM199k, I reckoned most probably the new Sorento would also be priced around this marks, more so with it's direct competitor and cousin, the Santa Fe is priced above RM200k marks by SDM.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 PM