Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is it possible to ask landlord to remove furniture, Like TV cabinet

views

TSRyoKenzaki
post Oct 4 2021, 01:57 PM, updated 3y ago

★★ ~*\Arachnoid/*~ ★★
2,312 posts

So I'm planning to move out next year and I a huge PC fan and would like to have nice workstation setup at the living room.
Most of the listing I see have TV cabinets at the living room so there's no room left for me to setup my workstation.
In situation like this, what are my options?
Renting a bare unit is out of the options as I do not have furnitures that i needed like the bed or sofa.

zemega
post Oct 4 2021, 02:06 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Oct 4 2021, 01:57 PM)
So I'm planning to move out next year and I a huge PC fan and would like to have nice workstation setup at the living room.
Most of the listing I see have TV cabinets at the living room so there's no room left for me to setup my workstation.
Renting a bare unit is out of the options as I do not have furnitures that i needed like the bed or sofa.
Ask if the TV cabinets are custom made or snap on like Ikea stuff. If it's snap on, just dismantle and store it.
mini orchard
post Oct 4 2021, 03:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Discuss with the landlord b4 committing to rent. If he has a place to store it, then he may remove it, otherwise the tenant have to accept it. Disposing it is not an option since the next tenant will need it.
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 4 2021, 03:18 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Are u renting ROOM or WHOLE UNIT ?

If u rent ROOM only then the hall is consider common area so 1st of all the others renter would need to give u approval if u want to put ur personal workstation there.

If u renting whole unit u can discuss with landlord even if landlord allow u to remove it but u would probably need to pay for 1tonne lorry service (can get lorry.com)

Else just move the cabinets to a side if u not going to use it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:15 PM