Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware change/upgrade apple airport time capsule storage?

views

TSun_id
post Oct 3 2021, 05:56 PM, updated 3y ago

music is soul's food
7,045 posts

i still got this old apple airport time capsule 2tb. still working reliably all these years. now thinking to upgrade the drive to bigger space, anyone know how to do this? for a noob, it is save to DIY? on my noob brain, i think just open, disconnect the old drive, then slap in a new one.. please advise if that is not that simple.. anyone offer service to do this? thanks in advance

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
adamtayy
post Oct 3 2021, 06:35 PM

Regular
1,121 posts

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 3 2021, 05:56 PM)
i still got this old apple airport time capsule 2tb. still working reliably all these years. now thinking to upgrade the drive to bigger space, anyone know how to do this? for a noob, it is save to DIY? on my noob brain, i think just open, disconnect the old drive, then slap in a new one.. please advise if that is not that simple.. anyone offer service to do this? thanks in advance
Apple stuffs may be like Dell's / acer

Not all hdd it will accept

This post has been edited by adamtayy: Oct 4 2021, 01:21 AM
netmatrix
post Oct 4 2021, 12:38 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

You did not find online meh? Quite a lot of resource for this.

TSun_id
post Oct 4 2021, 02:42 PM

music is soul's food
7,045 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Oct 4 2021, 12:38 PM)
You did not find online meh? Quite a lot of resource for this.

this is online forum, isn't it? hmm.gif direct feedback from other user is much more reliable.. thanks for the video, but have you tried it? i also saw video people repair iphone but i can't do it
netmatrix
post Oct 4 2021, 05:58 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 4 2021, 02:42 PM)
this is online forum, isn't it?  hmm.gif direct feedback from other user is much more reliable.. thanks for the video, but have you tried it? i also saw video people repair iphone but i can't do it
I have repaired may stuff using youtube as guides. From spray paint to replacing handphone batteries which i bought hanphone repair kit for RM10.
TSun_id
post Oct 4 2021, 08:50 PM

music is soul's food
7,045 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Oct 4 2021, 05:58 PM)
I have repaired may stuff using youtube as guides. From spray paint to replacing handphone batteries which i bought hanphone repair kit for RM10.
well good for you.. but what is the purpose of this online forum if someone ask for a guide only to be diverted to other site
netmatrix
post Oct 4 2021, 10:22 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 4 2021, 08:50 PM)
well good for you.. but what is the purpose of this online forum if someone ask for a guide only to be diverted to other site
Susah this strawberry generation. Bravery, intelligence all used for finding money. Whatever that is practical with hands with hand and spirit of exploration is lost. No wonder companies like Apple flourish. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I can smell cynical even it is is a little bit. I return the favour.
TSun_id
post Oct 5 2021, 07:26 AM

music is soul's food
7,045 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Oct 4 2021, 10:22 PM)
Susah this strawberry generation. Bravery, intelligence all used for finding money. Whatever that is practical with hands with hand and spirit of exploration is lost. No wonder companies like Apple flourish.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif I can smell cynical even it is is a little bit. I return the favour.
Dude the heck? This is a forum to discuss this particular thing, and i ask a question, and you come to reply with meh.. you are too free to prove someone dumb but not free to guide.. why don't you just shut up.. oh you think i don't know how to google information? Look how dumb you are and you seems proud of it.. i'm here looking for a coversational advise, end to end.. you are blind to read the title of this forum section is it?

This post has been edited by un_id: Oct 5 2021, 07:26 AM
netmatrix
post Oct 5 2021, 09:47 AM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 5 2021, 07:26 AM)
Dude the heck? This is a forum to discuss this particular thing, and i ask a question, and you come to reply with meh.. you are too free to prove someone dumb but not free to guide.. why don't you just shut up.. oh you think i don't know how to google information? Look how dumb you are and you seems proud of it.. i'm here looking for a coversational advise, end to end.. you are blind to read the title of this forum section is it?
The exact problem is now here that is facing the people in the service industry. Go figure. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You bring one thing to one place and you expct that thing to be it and no other.
TSun_id
post Oct 5 2021, 09:53 AM

music is soul's food
7,045 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Oct 5 2021, 09:47 AM)
The exact problem is now here that is facing the people in the service industry. Go figure.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif You bring one thing to one place and you expct that thing to be it and no other.
Not sure what you are trying to prove.. trying to say you are competent, let me tell you i have a cure for covid19.. go figure.. just a clown behind keyboard..
netmatrix
post Oct 5 2021, 10:17 AM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(un_id @ Oct 5 2021, 09:53 AM)
Not sure what you are trying to prove.. trying to say you are competent, let me tell you i have a cure for covid19.. go figure.. just a clown behind keyboard..
Insert
*Glass breaking sounds*

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 AM