Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Import Motorcycle from other Country to Malaysia, Price + Steps? Just to grow knowledge

views

TSshyan90's
post Sep 27 2021, 11:46 PM, updated 3y ago

To Be Old and Wise You Must First be Young and Stupid
855 posts

Want to ask.. If lets said I want to import a brand new bike for myself (Example: Yamaha R7 @ 9k USD) What will be the total cost to get it register and legal on the road in malaysia?
Just want to know the import steps and the tax and etc to grow some knowledge smile.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Noryume
post Sep 27 2021, 11:51 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

Cannot I think.
Flyinghighaero
post Sep 28 2021, 01:06 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(shyan90's @ Sep 27 2021, 11:46 PM)
Want to ask.. If lets said I want to import a brand new bike for myself (Example: Yamaha R7 @ 9k USD) What will be the total cost to get it register and legal on the road in malaysia?
Just want to know the import steps and the tax and etc to grow some knowledge smile.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Contact your friendly AP holder company. They have the power and ability to import vehicles including motorcycle from overseas.

Malaysian students studying overseas have AP for any vehicle purchased in the country they study. The problem usually when custom get involved. The importing tax varies greatly. It seems arbitrarily set. The value is set by the custom official regardless of the price paid for vehicles. I do t know if this still applies. I used mine like 10 years ago. Still I got friends who got slaughtered by the import tax when their cars landed in port klang

This post has been edited by Flyinghighaero: Sep 28 2021, 01:21 AM
hft
post Sep 28 2021, 01:08 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(shyan90's @ Sep 27 2021, 11:46 PM)
Just want to know the import steps and the tax and etc to grow some knowledge smile.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Maybe RM25-30k for AP
TSshyan90's
post Sep 28 2021, 02:26 PM

To Be Old and Wise You Must First be Young and Stupid
855 posts

QUOTE(Flyinghighaero @ Sep 28 2021, 01:06 AM)
Contact your friendly AP holder company. They have the power and ability to import vehicles including motorcycle from overseas.

Malaysian students studying overseas have AP for any vehicle purchased in the country they study. The problem usually when custom get involved. The importing tax varies greatly. It seems arbitrarily set. The value is set by the custom official regardless of the price paid for vehicles. I do t know if this still applies. I used mine like 10 years ago. Still I got friends who got slaughtered by the import tax when their cars landed in port klang
Ya.. based on official custom site it saids around 30% for import tax and 10% for SST. Which means 9k USD = 38k MYR + 2k USD = 8.5k myr (delivered charges + bla bla assumption) + 30% import tax 11.7k Myr(based on 9k usd) + 10% SST 3.8k(based on 9k usd) total just to import and might get legal on the road around Rm62k am I correct?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:32 PM