Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JPN Alternative for ROM

views

TSmakeitagain P
post Sep 20 2021, 10:51 PM, updated 3y ago

Probation
0 posts

I've been searching all the dates and possible locations but really cannot find any of the current JPN that will have slots and timing.

Is there anyway to get the wedding officiated outside of the JPN office without going through religious bodies? Like having an official present for the signing but not at the JPN office?
scorgio
post Sep 20 2021, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

Those bodies/associations with ROM services.

U can even invite the assistant registrar of marriage to ur ceremony (with an angpow of cos).
TSmakeitagain P
post Sep 20 2021, 11:34 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Sep 20 2021, 10:55 PM)
Those bodies/associations with ROM services.

U can even invite the assistant registrar of marriage to ur ceremony (with an angpow of cos).
I was actually looking for this option Is there any way to get in touch with one of these registrar of marriages?
Like how there are people certified to officiate weddings in the US. Is there a way to find people who are certified or qualified to officiate weddings in Malaysia (Aside from religious bodies and associations)
deedeee
post Sep 23 2021, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(makeitagain @ Sep 20 2021, 11:34 PM)
I was actually looking for this option Is there any way to get in touch with one of these registrar of marriages?
Like how there are people certified to officiate weddings in the US. Is there a way to find people who are certified or qualified to officiate weddings in Malaysia (Aside from religious bodies and associations)
There is that option to pay more for the JPN officer to come for your ROM ceremony outside of the JPN office, this can be done at a hotel etc.

nastasha1103
post Nov 23 2021, 11:47 AM

3 posts

Hi, my wedding is next year and I plan to have my ROM at an event space/hotel. Anyone has contact number of any registrar to officiate the ROM? KL area

Thank you
anilin
post Jan 11 2022, 06:53 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

Can External ROM be done during public holiday, lets say 31/8/2022. Of course I understand there's fee to be paid.
Blofeld
post Jan 15 2022, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

as long you pay angpow, it can be done on any day and also whether he agree to the location
anilin
post Jan 24 2022, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Jan 15 2022, 09:59 AM)
as long you pay angpow, it can be done on any day and also whether he agree to the location
I just called up local JPN, they told me they never done it during public holiday for external ROM.

I'm thinking if the pegawai agrees to, I don't mind to pay him extra angpow though. But problem now, they can't even give me a firm answer whether Can or Cannot?

Blofeld
post Jan 24 2022, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(anilin @ Jan 24 2022, 10:40 PM)
I just called up local JPN, they told me they never done it during public holiday for external ROM.

I'm thinking if the pegawai agrees to, I don't mind to pay him extra angpow though. But problem now, they can't even give me a firm answer whether Can or Cannot?
I have seen one where the officer came out on a Sunday for an external ROM.
anilin
post Jan 26 2022, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Jan 24 2022, 11:17 PM)
I have seen one where the officer came out on a Sunday for an external ROM.
They said Weekend is fine.. But not on public holiday.
anilin
post Mar 24 2022, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(makeitagain @ Sep 20 2021, 10:51 PM)
I've been searching all the dates and possible locations but really cannot find any of the current JPN that will have slots and timing.

Is there anyway to get the wedding officiated outside of the JPN office without going through religious bodies? Like having an official present for the signing but not at the JPN office?
I just got good news from JPN state office that external ROM can be done even on public holiday, with the fee RM500.

By then they will arrange whoever officer who is available for the ceremony.

1. Application of notice can be done 6 months ahead
2. Lesen Perkahwinan only valid for 1 month, so have to apply 1 month before the chosen ROM date.

that's latest information I got.
nastasha1103
post Jun 1 2022, 01:39 PM

3 posts

Do you know if need apply at JPN Putrajaya or the JPN branch at the state of where the hotel is located? Venue is KL area but we both have different registered address n different states in our IC.
nastasha1103
post Aug 30 2022, 01:42 PM

3 posts

I've been to JPN KL to apply for registration outside JPN (hotel/event space etc). They rejected my date which is 22 October because 24th is PH (Deepavali). So, I doubt it can be done on PH
adam1190
post Sep 4 2023, 01:35 PM

Lowyat Regular
1,909 posts

QUOTE(nastasha1103 @ Jun 1 2022, 01:39 PM)
Do you know if need apply at JPN Putrajaya or the JPN branch at the state of where the hotel is located? Venue is KL area but we both have different registered address n different states in our IC.
May I know what was the outcome as I would like to know more about the process, thanks 😊
adam1190
post Sep 4 2023, 01:38 PM

Lowyat Regular
1,909 posts

QUOTE(anilin @ Mar 24 2022, 10:59 AM)
I just got good news from JPN state office that external ROM can be done even on public holiday, with the fee RM500.

By then they will arrange whoever officer who is available for the ceremony.

1. Application of notice can be done 6 months ahead
2. Lesen Perkahwinan only valid for 1 month, so have to apply 1 month before the chosen ROM date.

that's latest information I got.
May I know when we submit the application of notice, do we need to select the solemnisation date already if we would like to have it solemnised outside of the JPN office or we can select the date later when we apply for the license (which valid for one month)?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:32 AM