Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Picking a Suitable Saucepan/Milkpot, Deciding on suitable saucepan for baking

views

TSSesame Buns P
post Sep 15 2021, 09:26 PM, updated 3 months ago

Probation
0 posts

Kinda struggling to pick a good saucepan right now....so asking for y'all opinions. I will mostly be using the saucepan/milkpot for baking [ex. cooking custard, caramelizing sugar, browning butter, etc.] with a budget limit of RM300 at max price?? Heating stove I use is conduction and the saucepan don't need to be big.

Currently top pick is these 3:

1. LE CREUSET Enamel Cast Iron Pot 16CM
This seems durable and from a good brand but I heard cast iron takes longer to heat up? Might not be worth it if I'm just trying to make a simple custard quickly. And seems harder to maintain due to the enamel coating [not being able to immediately throw it into the sink after cooking is sweat.gif ]

2. Scanpan Impact 16cm/1.8L Covered Saucepan
Stainless steel which means it'll last a good while even with some banging around plus heats up quickly butttttt that means I might need to deal with some sticking to the surface. Plus some overseas review says this isn't so good?

3. Shogun - 18cm Granite Plus Saucepan with Lid
Was formerly top choice until I actually ordered one and it came with the handle broken, wasn't such a big fan after that. But maybe some of you has good personal experience with this one and my one time order was just bad luck?

Didn't really have much luck finding a lot of good quality saucepan within my budget on Shopee sad.gif The ones that are Branded with lots of good overseas reviews has prices that makes me go rclxub.gif Would you guys really recommend any one of these three? Feel free to recommend other saucepan icon_question.gif
Thanks in advance!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2021 - 02:07 AM