Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do your earpain and headache after use headphone?

views

TSPowerOfZero
post Sep 15 2021, 08:09 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
84 posts

Do u guys feel ear pain then headache after use headphone for a long duration say 4 or 5 hours? How do u solve it?
acbc
post Sep 15 2021, 08:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Go for medical checkup.
TSPowerOfZero
post Sep 15 2021, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Sep 15 2021, 08:10 AM)
Go for medical checkup.
So it's an individual issue and not related to use of headphone? I thought maybe cheap brands will cause that cos it's only happen when I use headphone
kuntilanak
post Sep 15 2021, 08:12 AM

Enthusiast
946 posts

- is volume too high?
- is it the in-ear type (like sumbat masuk)?
- probably usage duration too long. try reduce it?

if symptoms persisted, please seek professional medical help. smile.gif
Zot
post Sep 15 2021, 08:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

To be honest, if your headphone sounds so good, you tend to forget how loud the volume you are listening at. With long exposure like that, you will suffer old man hearing loss at earlier age.

You listen for 4 to 5 hours shakehead.gif You ear need rest. You can read like 70dB and below is okay but not everyone is the same. It is just general statement based on average.
acbc
post Sep 15 2021, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 15 2021, 08:12 AM)
So it's an individual issue and not related to use of headphone? I thought maybe cheap brands will cause that cos it's only happen when I use headphone
I believe so.

I have both the Mi HiFi Headphone and Redmi Airdots. No pain if using with moderate volume.
TSPowerOfZero
post Sep 15 2021, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(kuntilanak @ Sep 15 2021, 08:12 AM)
- is volume too high?
- is it the in-ear type (like sumbat masuk)?
- probably usage duration too long. try reduce it?

if symptoms persisted, please seek professional medical help. smile.gif
QUOTE(Zot @ Sep 15 2021, 08:17 AM)
To be honest, if your headphone sounds so good, you tend to forget how loud the volume you are listening at. With long exposure like that, you will suffer old man hearing loss at earlier age.

You listen for 4 to 5 hours  shakehead.gif  You ear need rest. You can read like 70dB and below is okay but not everyone is the same. It is just general statement based on average.
QUOTE(acbc @ Sep 15 2021, 08:40 AM)
I believe so.

I have both the Mi HiFi Headphone and Redmi Airdots. No pain if using with moderate volume.
It's headphone not earphone. I need more specific sorry. I don't on loud volume. The pain is not internal but more like the cartilage bone. But headache is last until night after sleep. Not sure if the headache is related to the headphone or lack of sleep. I wake up near 5 am for work.
acbc
post Sep 15 2021, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 15 2021, 08:44 AM)
It's headphone not earphone. I need more specific sorry. I don't on loud volume. The pain is not internal but more like the cartilage bone. But headache is last until night after sleep. Not sure if the headache is related to the headphone or lack of sleep. I wake up near 5 am for work.
For your symptoms, it could be something medical.
Zot
post Sep 15 2021, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 15 2021, 08:44 AM)
I'm not saying it is earphone. Anyway either one also still same problem. How do you know it is not loud? The sound is directly into your ear cavity. The sound intensity drops exponentially. So, just a bit distance the intensity drops significantly.

It is easy to find out if it is related to headphone or not. Just don't use headphone fora day or two and see if you suffer the same headache or not. smile.gif
Lego Warfare
post Sep 15 2021, 11:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,303 posts

If you are not used to wearing headphones you could get headaches and possibly ear pain if the headphone design isn't that great or especially if the clamping is very tight.

I didn't like to wear headphones last time as well but I got used to it after a while. But then again a good designed comfy headphones make a big difference. I find Bose QC series very comfortable, light on weight and clamping force.

aceedburn
post Sep 15 2021, 11:47 AM

Crazy Musicphile!
552 posts

Listening fatigue is very common. It happens due to prolonged use, uncomfortable headphones and sound signatures. If the sound signature is too harsh or sibilant, it can also cause your issues. So choosing the right headphone is crucial.
lawrencesha
post Sep 15 2021, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast
858 posts

I use speakers and a mounted mic. Can't stand wearing headset/ear piece all day long.
miyakochan89
post Sep 15 2021, 03:39 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

4 ~5hours very long lah. You need to take a rest! also headphones put extra pressure on your head, so it could cause some form of headaches. When I was using Airpods Max i had headaches even after 15 minutes of using it. I got rid of it.

sonyman
post Sep 15 2021, 08:25 PM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 15 2021, 08:09 AM)
Do u guys feel ear pain then headache after use headphone for a long duration say 4 or 5 hours? How do u solve it?
I think u need a open back for long hours listening.

Or get better gear. Class A amp and high end headphones.
tomato people
post Sep 15 2021, 08:31 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

Err..i rarely use headphone for few hours straight

4 - 5 hours for me is too long
ifourtos
post Sep 15 2021, 08:35 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 15 2021, 08:09 AM)
love music, games??

get a set of good speaker.

no good reason to use headset REGULARLY.

heard too many case.
hearing perma damaged
qsub
post Sep 15 2021, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Change the ear cup sponge,
Ota54
post Sep 15 2021, 08:39 PM

19 posts

Try

- Listening to lower music volume.
- Stretch your headphone using boxes when unused so you will have less clamp force over your head.

Example

user posted image
Ludwig.
post Sep 15 2021, 08:39 PM

LOOOL
532 posts

for earphones, specifically in-ears - you can try out multiple ear tip sizes and materials like memory foam vs silicone and etc. usually a good ear tip will be comfortable enough to last you an entire day, but requires trial and error and maybe some customisation

for headphones, over ears comfortability depends on your ear size and if your entire ear fits in the ear cup. if they do, then it shouldnt be an issue for you to last the entire day. if they dont, then hourly rests will allow you to avoid fatigue - good for your overall health to move around anyway.

on ear headphones are pretty much the most uncomfortable audio medium ive ever experienced. that one i dont understand how people can last multiple hours with the clamping force
power911
post Sep 15 2021, 10:44 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

idk man. If you're wearing more than 1-2 hour you definitely need to rest.
Ear pain can be many factors and sometimes medical.

I can wear my portapros from 8.30am to 5.30pm daily at work doing video editing but I always made sure I rest like 5-10mins every 2 hours.

Give it a rest. You don't want to suffocate your ears until it starts growing infection

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:57 PM