Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is Govt committed to Parliamentary reform ?

Is PM Ismail Sabri serious about parliament reform

1. No, he is not serious about it. It is just a show. [ 16 ] ** [69.57%]
2. Yes but only the term for PM will be limited to 10 years. [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
3. Yes but only anti-hopping will be implemented. [ 2 ] ** [8.70%]
4. Yes but only undi18 will be implemented. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. Yes and all reforms described in 2, 3 and 4 in the poll will be implemented. [ 4 ] ** [17.39%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSpuchongite
post Sep 13 2021, 07:40 AM, updated 2w ago

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

Ismail Sabri: Govt committed to Parliamentary, administrative reforms

KUALA LUMPUR: The government is committed to introducing parliamentary and administrative reforms to restore political stability and tackle Covid-19, as well as for economic recovery.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the cabinet, after its meeting today, had agreed on several proposed transformations which include introducing an anti-party hopping law and limiting the prime minister's tenure to 10 years.

Apart from introducing the anti-hopping law and the two-term limit for prime minister, Ismail also listed the implementation of Undi 18, an initiative to lower the voting age to 18, which would require an amendment to the Federal Constitution.

touristking
post Sep 13 2021, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,565 posts

In the past.

Pakatan talks about reforms when as opposition.

Pakatan stop talking about reforms when as government.

Now Sabri talking about it when as government. So at least a better start

TSpuchongite
post Sep 13 2021, 11:16 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Sep 13 2021, 09:59 AM)
In the past.

Pakatan talks about reforms when as opposition.

Pakatan stop talking about reforms when as government.

Now Sabri talking about it when as government. So at least a better start
You have not quite answered the post question. Can I take it that you think all three items in the parliamentary reform will be implemented by Ismail Sabri ? How come I see that no one actually selected item 5 in the poll ?

This post has been edited by puchongite: Sep 13 2021, 11:17 AM
touristking
post Sep 13 2021, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,565 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 13 2021, 04:16 AM)
You have not quite answered the post question. Can I take it that you think all three items in the parliamentary reform will be implemented by Ismail Sabri ? How come I see that no one actually selected item 5 in the poll ?
some will be implemented. Anti hopping, Pakatan wanted frogs as much as BN/PN/Sabri so not sure about that one.

TSpuchongite
post Sep 13 2021, 12:12 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Sep 13 2021, 11:42 AM)
some will be implemented. Anti hopping, Pakatan wanted frogs as much as BN/PN/Sabri so not sure about that one.
Why would Ismail Sabri be interested in implementing anti-hopping ?

TSpuchongite
post Sep 13 2021, 08:28 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

Anyone has the detail of the MoU ?

But in what way the MoU can be binding ?
touristking
post Sep 14 2021, 07:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,565 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 13 2021, 05:12 AM)
Why would Ismail Sabri be interested in implementing anti-hopping ?
He already have the number so want to stop frogs.

Anwar doesn't have the number and wishing for frogs. Beside, he was the one who started the frog culture

TSpuchongite
post Sep 14 2021, 09:34 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Sep 14 2021, 07:55 AM)
He already have the number so want to stop frogs.

Anwar doesn't have the number and wishing for frogs. Beside, he was the one who started the frog culture
Faulty reasoning.

You use "number" as the reason why one party prefers want to stop frogs, so you ended up by saying :-

1. Ismail sabre already has the number, so he wants to stop frogs.
2. Anwar does not want the number, so he wants to have frogs.

But the fact now is that,

1. Anwar and PH want to have the anti hopping law ( part of the MoU just signed ).
2. Ismail also says wants to have parliamentary reform. Deep inside the heart, he might actually indeed also want to have anti-hopping, but it could be that he might just put up a show.

You have a messed up reasoning skills.
touristking
post Sep 14 2021, 09:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,565 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 14 2021, 02:34 AM)
Faulty reasoning.

You use "number" as the reason why one party prefers want to stop frogs, so you ended up by saying :-

1. Ismail sabre already has the number, so he wants to stop frogs.
2. Anwar does not want the number, so he wants to have frogs.

But the fact now is that,

1. Anwar and PH want to have the anti hopping law ( part of the MoU just signed ).
2. Ismail also says wants to have parliamentary reform. Deep inside the heart, he might actually indeed also want to have anti-hopping, but it could be that he might just put up a show.

You have a messed up reasoning skills.
Go ask the numberman why numbers are important.

TSpuchongite
post Sep 14 2021, 09:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Sep 14 2021, 09:37 AM)
Go ask the numberman why numbers are important.
Strawman argument. I did not say number is not important. I am saying you derive wrong conclusion from the data available.
unknown warrior
post Sep 14 2021, 09:54 AM

Heart of The Lion of Judah
5,062 posts

Touristking has no understanding on argument and does not understand what you're trying to say TS.

you can tell by the way he answers you. He does it the same with everyone else.

megadisc
post Sep 14 2021, 09:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,218 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 13 2021, 07:40 AM)
Ismail Sabri: Govt committed to Parliamentary, administrative reforms

KUALA LUMPUR: The government is committed to introducing parliamentary and administrative reforms to restore political stability and tackle Covid-19, as well as for economic recovery.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the cabinet, after its meeting today, had agreed on several proposed transformations which include introducing an anti-party hopping law and limiting the prime minister's tenure to 10 years.

Apart from introducing the anti-hopping law and the two-term limit for prime minister, Ismail also listed the implementation of Undi 18, an initiative to lower the voting age to 18, which would require an amendment to the Federal Constitution.
play nice for now .

wait for next election .
TSpuchongite
post Sep 14 2021, 07:47 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

These parliamentary reforms are the only hope for Malaysia to be able to move forward in a positive direction. The current playing field of the Malaysian politics are plagued with too many problems.
TSpuchongite
post Sep 15 2021, 10:22 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

Tony Pua: Bipartisan cooperation MoU a way for PM to prevent kleptocrats’ return to power

https://www.malaymail.com/amp/news/malaysia...ats-ret/2005300

Do you think it is real that the MoU will have a beneficial stabilizing effect to the Ismail Sabre's government so that he will not be treatened by the kleptocrats and hence allowing him to focus on pushing through the parliamentary reform agendas ?

What happened if Ismail Sabri just play nice along but delivers nothing until the next GE ?
TSpuchongite
post Sep 16 2021, 07:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

Warisan Shafie is childish. Look at his perception of the MoU :-

In the original words of Tony Pua :-

The MoU is just a public declaration that the two sides agree to work on these sets of agendas related to parliamentary reform. As some of these agendas require amendment of the constitution, it is not possible to carry it out by one side.

But the punishment that Ismail Sabri might get for not delivering the parliamentary reform, I must admit that, is reduced to almost nothing, as the voters in the respective camp will tolerate it anyway.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Sep 16 2021, 08:03 AM
unknown warrior
post Sep 17 2021, 09:40 AM

Heart of The Lion of Judah
5,062 posts

TO answer TS question, I doubt so.

Putting Najib as economic advisor?

Is that reform? Putting someone who has a court case, that already tells you this Sabri Govt is as loony as it it.
Spear2
post Sep 17 2021, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,531 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Sep 17 2021, 09:40 AM)
TO answer TS question, I doubt so.

Putting Najib as economic advisor?

Is that reform? Putting someone who has a court case, that already tells you this Sabri Govt is as loony as it it.
This I agree with your observation, the problem is it seems there is no better person in Malaysia as an economic advisor than a convicted corrupted person pending appeal. Where is our moral compass, our integrity to allow thieves to run around. Or is that a message corruption is a virtue, even conviction, you can still talk loud.
TSpuchongite
post Sep 17 2021, 04:54 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,770 posts

Why the smaller parties such as Warisan and Pejuang aren't signing the MoU and instead criticising PH for signing the MoU ?

Food for thought.

There is speculation that because they smaller parties want to stay on the fence and play the game to be the kingmaker.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0477sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th September 2021 - 02:16 PM