do NOT buy bitdefender, scumware

views

TSKravo
post Sep 9 2021, 04:42 PM, updated 3y ago

Regular
1,230 posts

posted on 2021 Sep 9:

1st reason, they practically scum $ from ur credit card

i paid bitdefender security software for 1 year service on 2020.

b4 the license expire on 2021, i paid for another 1 more year, planned to activate it after the license expired.

on the license expire day, the company performed an auto-renewal charge my credit card through paypal, without my acknowledgement.
at full price about 90 usd.

i sent email to paypal to cancel that transaction as it is WITHOUT my approval. paypal did NOT cancel it, stated it is valid transaction.

i contacted maybank to cancel that transaction as it is WITHOUT my approval. maybank did NOT cancel it, stated it is valid transaction.

i sent email to bitdefender to cancel and refund that auto-renewal, they did NOT cancel and refund that, taichi-ing to want me to cancel my report on paypal.

2nd reason, they popup window on ur window desktop luring u to buy more their stuffs

it's a security software, paid to do what it supposed to do.

but they also POPUP window in ur desktop for more $.

spamming ur email about biz practically is a norm nowaday, they did that, i will just accept that.

but spamming biz on my desktop just show their color.

it may be cheaper than other choices, if u can accept the bad experience i just shared to u, good luck and have fun with them

reserved for future update when i found the software doing malicious or more funny things.
wailam
post Sep 9 2021, 04:49 PM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

1. did you check you account settings to see whether your paypal info is still there?
2. those popup offer can be disabled in the settings.
laksamana
post Sep 9 2021, 04:49 PM

Regular
1,280 posts

I've been a Norton user for many years, no pop-ups, very straight forward renewal process, can switch off auto-renewal in your account profile
daisiesdontdoit92
post Sep 14 2021, 12:47 AM

On my way
574 posts

For everyday home use on a Windows 10 or 11 PC, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is efficient, accurate, and all you need to protect your PC. You don't need bitdefender or any other anti-virus program.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/micr...ender-antivirus

PJng
post Sep 21 2021, 01:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,532 posts

Never use any antivirus since windows 7
Even 10 already include antivirus
c64
post Sep 21 2021, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
711 posts

QUOTE(Kravo @ Sep 9 2021, 04:42 PM)
posted on 2021 Sep 9:

1st reason, they practically scum $ from ur credit card

i paid bitdefender security software for 1 year service on 2020.

b4 the license expire on 2021, i paid for another 1 more year, planned to activate it after the license expired.

on the license expire day, the company performed an auto-renewal charge my credit card through paypal, without my acknowledgement.
at full price about 90 usd.

i sent email to paypal to cancel that transaction as it is WITHOUT my approval. paypal did NOT cancel it, stated it is valid transaction.

i contacted maybank to cancel that transaction as it is WITHOUT my approval. maybank did NOT cancel it, stated it is valid transaction.

i sent email to bitdefender to cancel and refund that auto-renewal, they did NOT cancel and refund that, taichi-ing to want me to cancel my report on paypal.

2nd reason, they popup window on ur window desktop luring u to buy more their stuffs

it's a security software, paid to do what it supposed to do.

but they also POPUP window in ur desktop for more $.

spamming ur email about biz practically is a norm nowaday, they did that, i will just accept that.

but spamming biz on my desktop just show their color.

it may be cheaper than other choices, if u can accept the bad experience i just shared to u, good luck and have fun with them

reserved for future update when i found the software doing malicious or more funny things.
I have been using BitDefender for years...no problem. Why you give credit card auto renew? Whatever you sign up with credit card will have risk for auto debit. I just buy new code from my regular seller every alternate year or so. Sometimes got extra license also.

laugh.gif
ifourtos
post Sep 21 2021, 03:48 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

Windows Defender + Cloud Computing
maximum security at lowest cost.

most important doc are all cloud.
windows no antivirus, just up to date defender.

IT Industry.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:33 PM