Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

EasyStore sellers chat, easystore.co yo

views

TSyen
post Sep 7 2021, 05:39 PM, updated 3y ago

27 posts

Created this topic for people who sell on easystore.co, a local e-commerce platform ala shopify.
Talk about downtimes, problems, protips etc.

The good thing about easystore is that their support team is pretty good and fast. They resolved some of my issues quite well, and offer alternatives to circumvent the limitations of the platform.
Overall not bad.

Now let me say something about an incident that happened July with EasyStore. I was pushing hard to promote my business so I created a lot of marketing hype, and offered discounts up to 40% on a few products. Sales were great and incoming traffic was booming. Then I randomly looked at one of the orders and noticed the price of one of the products was abnormally cheap. I realised it was discounted for double the correct amount. I tried to reproduce the steps of how the customer may have gotten the double discount, and found out that there was a bug in the checkout process that applied discounts twice if you changed the shipping country! I immediately stopped my promotions and reported it to easystore. Considering the seriousness of the issue I expected them to give me a quick response, but I received a canned response that they had forwarded it to their tech team. After a few days of unproductive back and forth, I began to check if other stores on easystore had this problem. Lo and behold, most stores did. I dropped some warnings to some stores, then told easystore that their response was unacceptable - upon confirming the problem they should have notified all sellers of this problem- who knows how much has already been lost by the discount errors. To pressure EasyStore to respond I told them I would make a public fuss about the problem if I didn't receive an acceptable response. After I did that they silently fixed the bug and it was no longer reproducible. It was then that I realised what had happened. It was not that I was the only one who discovered the bug, there were probably a whole bunch of unhappy sellers reporting the bug. But there was no way for these sellers to unite and level with EasyStore. So EasyStore chose to hide the problem, so the majority of sellers would be non the wiser about the issue, and the sellers who did know they would just settle individually. As compensation they offered me an extension on my EasyStore subscription.

Anyways if there was a forum where sellers could communicate it would be great. Hence the existence of this thread.

This post has been edited by yen: Sep 13 2021, 10:24 AM
TSyen
post Oct 1 2021, 12:39 PM

27 posts

30 September 2021 - there was another price calculation bug AGAIN on easystore. I know software is difficult but you would expect companies to test their software properly when it involves other people's money. especially in an organization like easystore which cannot be considered small grassroots team anymore. the bug this time was probably a regression introduced as they were planning to update their checkout page. it involves promotions for special customer groups - ie. you can create promotions that give discounts to customers that you have labeled "vip" or whatever. the bug removes any checking if a user qualifies for a promotion - meaning anyone including non logged in customers can enjoy discounts that were supposed to be for special customer groups! the effects were not as widespread because most sellers do not segregate their customers into groups or have discounts for specific customer groups. nevertheless in my casual checking I was able to find some sellers on easystore who DID have such promotions and screenshotted them- there were some promotions that came to >75% off!
i reported the bug to easystore and they silently fixed it overnight, without acknowledging the bug or telling their sellers about it. again, who knows how much was lost by sellers without their knowledge. and again I think this is easystore's response is unethical but of course, the hush hush don't ask don't tell method of doing business is the most profitable when there are no severe repercussions and no proper way to sound a whistle. i am still on easystore for now because some data they expose on the checkout page allows me to add some custom functionality i need for my store. i may not be able to do the same thing on shopee or sitegiant.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 AM