Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sharing my Puspakom inspection experience

views

TSleftback
post Sep 4 2021, 12:37 PM, updated 3y ago

45 posts

Carried out the inspection at one of the centers in Klang Valley. Was unable to enter due to the "casual contact" status on MySejahtera. Was very quickly approached by a runner to HELP with the inspection. After driving the car in, the runner demanded RM200 to ensure the car passed the inspection. Later, the sum was reduced to RM150, but I refused to pay. Ensuring my car is safe for my passengers is more important to me than paying these corrupt people. However, the runner still demanded RM50 for his services but could not ensure the car will pass the inspection. Having no other choice, I paid the runner for his services.

As usual, the car failed the rear brake inspection but passed the rear absorber and front brake inspection. Now I took the car for rear brake repair to my friend's shop. He said the brakes are already adjusted to the max and there is nothing much to be done and he pointed out the front brake pads are 95% worn off and how can the front brakes pass the test while the rear brakes are in good condition fail? He also noticed the rear shock absorber badly leaking and questioned how can the rear shock absorber test pass?

The efficiency of the brakes is directly proportional to the amount of force applied, the tester can simply decide to reduce the amount of force applied and fail the brakes. This test is very subjective?

This post has been edited by leftback: Sep 4 2021, 12:42 PM
YoungMan
post Sep 4 2021, 12:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

My take is when it involves paying money to someone, things can be adjusted.
TSleftback
post Sep 4 2021, 01:39 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Sep 4 2021, 12:58 PM)
My take is when it involves paying money to someone, things can be adjusted.
Paying money at what price? Car is not roadworthy and is passed fit just because I paid and it cost someone their life? On the other hand, did they purposely fail the car because I didn't pay? Brake test failure in my opinion is very subjective and unfairly carried out unless the tester is replaced by a computer that can exert the required force consistently.

cktang
post Oct 3 2021, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

For all fellow grabber out there. After 30 sept 2021, u must do your inspection before your puspakom expired date. Else will need to paid saman rm150 before u can proceed inspection. I kena dy went 1 oct 2021 just 1 day after exemption date. End up need to rush to jpj q to paid saman, rush back to puspakom to do inspection else booking fee will be burned.

This i my 3rd time going, as my experiences, to get your car smoothly passed :

1. Do not tint your front windscreen even 1% or tint your side and back window ”too intensely" dark. Windscreen sunshade do not exceed 8cm.
2. Makesure all lights working. Wiper working, Service aircond fill gas if not cold.
3. Change tire if bold. Do alignments balancing. Service
all brakes, change brakepads and brake oil if necessary,
adjust parking handbrake if too low. Change absober if
suspension reach the lifetime.
4.Wash and tidy up your car, wash the engine sekali for engine number easily seen. Exhibit your pemadam api and safety triangle at your car boot.
5. Service your car change oil makesure no dark smoke comes out.

Failed any items above you will kena paid rm25, go out get fixed and come back to re-inspect. Is no fun if kena, end up tortured yourself running up down that day if u need to meet the deadline.

Suffer 1 time every year if u dun wan to hire runner to do the mess. Happy grabbing.
icyd
post Oct 11 2021, 04:36 PM

Enthusiast
727 posts

QUOTE(cktang @ Oct 3 2021, 12:02 AM)
For all fellow grabber out there. After 30 sept 2021, u must do your inspection before your puspakom expired date. Else will need to paid saman rm150 before u can proceed inspection. I kena dy went 1 oct 2021 just 1 day after exemption date. End up need to rush to jpj q to paid saman, rush back to puspakom to do inspection else booking fee will be burned.

This i my 3rd time going, as my experiences, to get your car smoothly passed :

1. Do not tint your front windscreen even 1% or tint your side and back window ”too intensely" dark. Windscreen sunshade do not exceed 8cm.
2. Makesure all lights working. Wiper working, Service aircond fill gas if not cold.
3. Change tire if bold. Do alignments balancing. Service
  all brakes, change brakepads and brake oil if necessary,
  adjust parking handbrake if too low. Change absober if
  suspension reach the lifetime.
4.Wash and tidy up your car, wash the engine sekali for engine number easily seen. Exhibit your pemadam api and safety triangle at your car boot.
5. Service your car change oil makesure no dark smoke comes out.

Failed any items above you will kena paid rm25, go out get fixed and come back to re-inspect. Is no fun if kena, end up tortured yourself running up down that day if u need to meet the deadline.

Suffer 1 time every year if u dun wan to hire runner to do the mess. Happy grabbing.
so every year you redo your tint? front windscreen is the most important to get high quality one that rejects most heat. this is ridiculous
Betrue
post Nov 4 2021, 09:15 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(icyd @ Oct 11 2021, 04:36 PM)
so every year you redo your tint? front windscreen is the most important to get high quality one that rejects most heat. this is ridiculous
No tint on front windscreen as drive very less now. Only 2 hours evening. If drive fulltime can invest, rm50 to removes and cuci gum, after puspakom rm250 to tint back.
r3d2
post Nov 4 2021, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
215 posts

Everything can be kawtimed if tarok grease kawkaw
perfectedservice
post Feb 21 2022, 08:18 PM

23 posts

good of you placing passenger safety a priority.
however, as long as every other person on the street doesn't lodge an official report on bribe encounters, the cancer will not subside.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:10 AM