Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to identify Fake/Counterfeit KF94 mask?

views

anakMY
post Aug 28 2021, 09:04 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Aug 28 2021, 08:40 PM)
I bought a box of 3M kn95 9501+. The earloops are not suitable for me too, as they're too tight. And unlike its predecessor (?) 9501, the 9501+ doesn't have the piece of foam at the nose area, causing minor leakage despite its tight earloops.
However, 3M is definitely easier to breathe as it does not have many layers (uses electrostatic charged material to capture particles).
for safety purposes, I only buy from 3M and from its flagship stores. 3M has NIOSH N95 certification which I dont think those local brands hv it. And talking about KF94, how do we verify their cert? Many doesnt hv a cert too, they just write there KF94 and u believe?
anakMY
post Aug 29 2021, 07:37 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Aug 29 2021, 03:44 PM)
I'm sorry, I don't understand what pattern or lines you're referring to. I tried googling but all I got is light (as in candle fire) test where you try to blow it off.

I avoid reusing N95 after visiting high risk places, and I certainly will never wash N95 respirators, especially 3M respirators that use electrostatic material to trap particulates.

As for whether it's safe to reuse, nobody can tell you yes or no. Imo, the most basic thing to be aware is whether the inner side is contaminated when you remove or store the respirator, hence always remove the mask after sanitizing your hands and sanitize the hands after removing the mask. There's no way to know whether the outer side is contaminated, so to reuse or not is personal decision.

Also, kf94, kn95 and n95 are not supposed to be used together with another mask.
It can be reused if u know how to handle it, mainly bcz our hands and the outer surface of the mask is contaminated.

If u wanna reuse, make sure
- do not touch the inner surface
- keep it inside a safety box
- wash ur hands and disinfect ur phones, wallets, keys. And go take a bath.
anakMY
post Aug 29 2021, 07:56 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Aug 29 2021, 07:43 PM)
It all depends on one's risk appetite. If you assume that the loops are also contaminated, storing it inside a safety box - whatever that is - may introduce virus to the inner surface if the loops touch the surface. This is after taking the steps I described before.

And when wearing it, one needs to assume both his hands are contaminated and need to be sanitized.
Yep its quite technique sensitive. For normal person better just don't reuse. Reuse only for those who have enuf knowledge and are very careful with handling masks.
anakMY
post Aug 29 2021, 07:59 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Aug 29 2021, 07:58 PM)
Exactly. That's why I advise my older folks back home to discard after every use. Whether they listen to me or not is another matter. You know lah...
Same lah my parents keep reusing their surgical masks too.
anakMY
post Sep 5 2021, 07:59 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mochicake @ Sep 5 2021, 01:50 PM)
Got a few of these Good Manner kf94 shipped from Korea. Pharmacy from Korea in Shopee. Took 7 days total from order which is great. Fit hubby's huge face and nose very well. He actually want to wear it! The inside is very soft on the face. Exterior not very papery thin compared to wiicare. Good loops but no double loops to tighten. Cost is $2.30-2.60 depending on color. 

[attachmentid=10966381]
How do u know its up to standard? Do they provide lab test certificates?
anakMY
post Sep 5 2021, 08:43 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mochicake @ Sep 5 2021, 08:39 PM)
Enough due diligence done for myself personally. Did you read the Canada FDA equivalent tests done where GM passed the tests? The GM brand is listed in FDA also for medical use - https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh...684251&lpcd=QKR

I dunno 100% seller not selling fakes but high probability they are not cause of reasons stated in my previous post. That is enough justification for me for kf94. From Korea better than local with their dodgy claims. I rather buy and wear a kf94 than kn95 from china. Far more risky and high risk of failures in tests with kn95s. I would wear a 3M n95 for high stress areas anyways. This is good enough for me and my family.
Yep it ranks higher than those local dodgy KF94 ones, which a lot are made in China. The top of the choice is of course 3M n95 hehe.
anakMY
post Sep 7 2021, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mochicake @ Sep 5 2021, 01:50 PM)
Got a few of these Good Manner kf94 shipped from Korea. Pharmacy from Korea in Shopee. Took 7 days total from order which is great. Fit hubby's huge face and nose very well. He actually want to wear it! The inside is very soft on the face. Exterior not very papery thin compared to wiicare. Good loops but no double loops to tighten. Cost is $2.30-2.60 depending on color. 

[attachmentid=10966381]
hi mochicake, hv u come accross this brand LG airwasher KF94? Do u think its up to the standard?
anakMY
post Sep 7 2021, 07:58 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(mochicake @ Sep 7 2021, 07:45 PM)
It performs well according to the youtuber who tests the masks with technical equipment and fits big heads. It's similar to Bluna he says. Unfortunately the LG airwasher is very expensive from my searches it's RM10 from LG local official store and RM6-7 from Korea. Be careful if you buy the LG as there is also a kf80 instead of a kf94 which is for lighter use like for haze. Have you tried the LG airwasher kf94?

My hunt for kf94 now is over as hubby is good with "Good Manner" brand and Bluna otw. Purchase so many kf94 masks this month to make him test out haha got to take a break.
I hv to say again ur hubby is a very lucky man haha.

BTW, do good manner and Bluna KF94 have lab certification on the KF94 standard? How do we know whether they are up to par ?

anakMY
post Sep 8 2021, 11:34 AM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(nickxas @ Sep 8 2021, 11:26 AM)
kf94 masks need to be approved by kfda

you can search kfda database here but need to use korean characters.

good manner
https://nedrug.mfds.go.kr/pbp/CCBCC01/getLi...4%88&grade=KF94

bluna
https://nedrug.mfds.go.kr/pbp/CCBCC01/getLi...2%98&grade=KF94
you can also check with fda if they are registered with fda

good manner
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh...684252&lpcd=FXX
or you can refer to 3rd party tests but please beware that 3rd party tests usually only test for filtration efficiency, not in full accordance with kf94 standard

good manner
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mask-filtrat...place-1.5974442

bluna
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0m...G853Ff45d3O-L0/
the only thing is don't get the counterfeit item and this part is hard to be 100% sure
Thanks for the useful info.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0432sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM