Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Office Desktop for Printing

views

TSSammy6
post Aug 25 2021, 12:12 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
208 posts

Hi all, I'm currently looking for a solution to restore windows file/system to previous backed up image by schduele.

Example, like those in cyber cafes where every document you stored there will be wiped out the next day.
What is the term called? A Windows automatic backup?

The purpose is, I'm placing a desktop in an office solely for printing. So, I want to remove all junks/documents daily as to save space.

Thank you in advance. notworthy.gif
peterscm
post Aug 27 2021, 07:46 PM

Casual
373 posts

Do you shutdown and restart your computer everyday ?

Do you have a particular folder you want to clear all the contents?

This post has been edited by peterscm: Aug 27 2021, 08:28 PM
ChristopherFisher
post Aug 31 2021, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

The option where every document you stored there will be wiped out the next day is called disk cleanup, in this process all datas are located in c drive. When you shut down your pc those data got wiped off
SUSlife5tyle
post Oct 15 2021, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(Sammy6 @ Aug 25 2021, 12:12 PM)
Hi all, I'm currently looking for a solution to restore windows file/system to previous backed up image by schduele.

Example, like those in cyber cafes where every document you stored there will be wiped out the next day.

The purpose is, I'm placing a desktop in an office solely for printing. So, I want to remove all junks/documents daily as to save space.

Why so difficult? If the printer is USB or series connected (dot matrix printer). Just share the printer, and on the other desktop or laptop you just browse to that PC to map the printer and then you just print to it (but the PC connected to the printer must be turn on always). Those was the old days of doing things unless your company still running in the mindset of 90s. Now we all use network printer already.
eddmecha
post Dec 27 2021, 01:39 PM

And its LEGEND...wait for it.........DARY!!
3,685 posts

QUOTE(Sammy6 @ Aug 25 2021, 12:12 PM)

try this Reboot Restore RX
PRSXFENG
post Dec 27 2021, 01:58 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

If you want CC like auto restoring of state, check out Deep Freeze.

https://www.faronics.com/en-uk/products/deep-freeze

Otherwise either let the users directly print to the shared printer like life5tyle said

Or you could probably get a script file to run on boot to wipe a specific folder

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:37 PM