Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[2021] Apple One Discussion Thread

views

andrewtho
post Sep 16 2020, 11:44 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

No brainer for all Apple users - why pay extra when you can get all in one package for RM19.90?

Personally I need to increase the iCloud storage because my current is 200GB - but heck Apple Music may not have the best playlist / song choices but in a long run, its a darn good deal.

Another plus of using Apple Music is the ability to stream your songs from your Apple Watch LTE directly, unlike Spotify.
andrewtho
post Sep 16 2020, 01:20 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Sep 16 2020, 12:49 PM)
something similar to Apple News, Fitness+ only available to certain countries, thus, Premier bundles only for countries that available
[attachmentid=10590269]
Was hoping for News+, really like the app.
andrewtho
post Oct 31 2020, 11:10 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Finally subscribed to AppleOne - had to downgrade my current iCloud from 200GB to None.

Time to have some fun with Apple Arcade.
andrewtho
post Nov 1 2020, 10:54 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(clayclws @ Nov 1 2020, 02:50 PM)
Cannot find the Apple One on my iPhone settings no matter how many times I restart. Anyone know any other way to subscribe?
Click on Subscriptions -> wait for 10 secs and Apple One will appear.
andrewtho
post Nov 2 2020, 06:16 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(terradrive @ Nov 2 2020, 02:14 PM)
that's why apple one is so nice, TV+ is a bonus feature there, yet still get 50GB icloud, arcade and music too

I've noticed apple music sound music is miles better now. Previously apple music sound quality is the worst. In terms of sound quality: Tidal normal & Hifi > Spotify > Apple Music. Now it is Tidal normal & hifi > Apple Music > Spotify. It is closer to Tidal than Spotify. And the library is huge now. But people still prefers spotify and tidal cos of "shopee"
AAC is always better than most formats, except FLAC.

The only gripe I have with Apple Music is their inclusion of censored music together with the uncensored ones - unlike Spotify where it optimizes better and won’t include 2 of the same songs in a same playlist. I am still keeping my Spotify subscription - I will cross use both for now
andrewtho
post Jan 1 2021, 10:20 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Anyone noticed that the subscription credit refund from Apple TV+ is missing from your account?

Yesterday it was still there, was thinking of accumulating to purchase a movie on Apple TV, but now its gone.
andrewtho
post Jan 2 2021, 09:39 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(isr25 @ Jan 2 2021, 06:56 AM)
Used to offset and pay the Apple One subscription?
Nope, mine is set for auto renewal monthly via credit card.

Got a feeling it expires every month, the credit.
andrewtho
post Mar 2 2021, 05:23 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(ychwang @ Dec 31 2020, 09:08 AM)
no need vpn, but u need usa profile account
Pardon to necro old post -

Do you sync your US account through your devices? My main account is MY, but I do have a US account as well.

Was wondering if I sub via US account, do I need to use my US account iPhone, Watch and Apple TV? Thanks!
andrewtho
post Mar 9 2021, 11:33 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Okay finally managed to workaround Apple’s region-lock.

Here’s a brief guide on how I did it -

1) You need a US Apple account. Create one if you don’t have any - use a fake address generator for the address details. Payment - select ‘None’.

2) Login to your US account via AppStore and restart your phone, because Fitness+ servers won’t load despite being available in the Fitness App.

3) Buy US giftcards from G2A or Offgamers - got mine from the latter because I have a membership there.

4) Redeem the giftcard via AppStore and you have money in your account. Go back to Fitness+ and subscribe, it will automatically deduct the credit from your account (gift card balance).

5) You’ll need to switch back to your original account (MY) if you have an active subscription like I do, AppleOne in order to use the service.

Steps are abit troublesome now until Apple Fitness+ is officially available here. It’s costly too due to currency conversion etc, pretty sure it’s cheaper when it’s available here. But hey, you get 1 month FREE trial. Good luck and happy working out!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
andrewtho
post Mar 9 2021, 01:52 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Mar 9 2021, 12:56 PM)
Wow. Very detailed guide. Thanks bro!

Plan to try this service soon too. happy.gif
Glad to help!

The menus are very intuitive and the workout programmes are pretty interesting too, something to work with while working from home 💪🏻
andrewtho
post May 28 2021, 04:16 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(plurbuddyskuppy @ May 28 2021, 04:15 PM)
bro. after i change to MY account, my fitness+ gone.
do i need to login to US acc everytime to use fitness+?
Yes you need to switch between MY and US in order to access because it's tied to the account's region.

QUOTE(drcumee @ May 26 2021, 03:16 PM)
hi i would like to ask.
the gift card is it itunes gift card?

also i’m not clear on the last part
once we subscribe, does it mean i can change back to my malaysian account and it remains active?
or do i need to get apple one first

thanks for helping
Yes you'll need to get an iTunes gift card if you don't have any US / UK based credit card.

You need to be logged on your US account to access the service, so by switching back to your MY account means the Apple Fitness+ service will not appear.

Thankfully for Apple TV & quick user switch, can just switch accounts seamlessly - iPads and iPhones meanwhile, need to login and logout via AppStore.

This post has been edited by andrewtho: May 28 2021, 04:19 PM
andrewtho
post Sep 17 2021, 03:01 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Sep 16 2021, 08:01 PM)
but we also dont have News+ in Malaysia right hmm.gif
Not yet, but News+ is a darn good addition to the News app, hopefully Apple will launch a new tier of AppleOne here soon.

This post has been edited by andrewtho: Sep 17 2021, 03:02 PM
andrewtho
post Oct 26 2021, 07:13 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Oct 26 2021, 03:06 AM)
Apple One Premier will be coming to Malaysia on 3 Nov smile.gif
https://www.apple.com/ie/newsroom/2021/10/a...-new-countries/
Seems like News+ is still not available in Apple One Premier - not mentioned in the press release.
andrewtho
post Oct 26 2021, 10:56 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Oct 26 2021, 07:25 AM)
not inside the Apple One Premier bundle for Malaysia smile.gif

only for these countries
Apple News+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
Yeah bummed about this. Probably due to licensing.

QUOTE(loonsave @ Oct 26 2021, 10:35 AM)
The price way beyond my expectation.
It’s sharable, so its fine if you share it.
andrewtho
post Oct 26 2021, 02:48 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Oct 26 2021, 12:06 PM)
thinking to subscribe also, 2TB share 5 ppl macam ok, but susah need find close and trustable ppl.

btw the apple fitness+ dunno how good it is
Yeah 2TB is alot of space man, can share with a few people - ideally even 2 people sharing is also worth it la.

Fitness subscription plans are expensive and as a Fitness+ user myself, the workouts are pretty intensive and intuitive. Love the integration with Apple Watch.
andrewtho
post Oct 26 2021, 05:19 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Oct 26 2021, 04:06 PM)
but the workouts normally need to have space to do right? cos the gym i go owes kinda crowded, my home doesnt have enuf space to do workouts lol. probably gonna subscribe the trial first from the watch s7 i purchased see ok or not.
Depends on the workouts that you do.

Most of the HIIT workout only requires a mat and the space within the mat area. Those others with equipments then will need more space or proper setup like bikes etc.

Gym always go in the morning, before work between 6-7am is always the best.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:01 PM