Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Looking to get my first pair of dumbbells, Have some questions

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Jul 22 2021, 10:42 AM, updated 2w ago

Regular
1,757 posts

Hello, first of all I am not someone who works out, I only exercise in the form of badminton since young, so it's kind of a work out but not the gym type of workout.

Since it's lockdown, I'm thinking of doing some workout at home, so I'm looking to get dumbbells, just so happens I saw this facebook page that is selling a whole set of adjustable dumbbells for 120, picture below.

user posted image

Now I don't know if these are durable or would it last long so I'm also asking for advice here, according to seller, this is adjustable dumbbells, and well there's all there is to it. I googled and apparently there's a whole guide on which dumbbells to choose, fix or adjustable, which overwhelms me, so im here asking for simple advice on whether or not I should get these adjustable dumbbells set.

For my own requirements, all I want is to have a workout, train up my muscles ( I'm skinnier than average male, only @ 55KG 170 CM ) and have a normal - decent workout experience at home. Hopefully sifus here would give me advice on what I should do and if going for this RM 120 set of adjustable dumbbells is worth the penny.
loon90
post Jul 22 2021, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

I'm having this set also, I bought it on shopee.. About RM70++, but this one is more of like a plastic dumbells just that the dumbell constantly move even locking it tightly already. That's the cons about it
TSSotsotzaii
post Jul 22 2021, 11:05 AM

Regular
1,757 posts

QUOTE(loon90 @ Jul 22 2021, 10:49 AM)
I'm having this set also, I bought it on shopee.. About RM70++, but this one is more of like a plastic dumbells just that the dumbell constantly move even locking it tightly already. That's the cons about it
Ohhh, so if it's made with plastic, material wise would it be durable ? Dumbbell constantly moving as in it would still move while locking the dumbbells in place tightly or move when putting it down on the floor ? tongue.gif
loon90
post Jul 22 2021, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jul 22 2021, 11:05 AM)
Ohhh, so if it's made with plastic, material wise would it be durable ? Dumbbell constantly moving as in it would still move while locking the dumbbells in place tightly or move when putting it down on the floor ? tongue.gif
When you lift it will constantly move is like u locked already it will still slowly rolling out. Is the material issue. But still bareable even though is annoying. So far is okay for me
TSSotsotzaii
post Jul 22 2021, 12:10 PM

Regular
1,757 posts

QUOTE(loon90 @ Jul 22 2021, 12:07 PM)
When you lift it will constantly move is like u locked already it will still slowly rolling out. Is the material issue. But still bareable even though is annoying. So far is okay for me
Ohh ok, the one u bought from shopee do u have the link ? i wanna see if it's the exact same one, if it is it's cheaper to purchase from shopee.
ExCrIpT
post Jul 23 2021, 03:18 AM

Regular
1,569 posts

would suggest you get metal ones and they have heavier plates, these weights will not be enough for you in the long run if you're serious to train.

get this instead or something similar, will last u a life time.
https://shopee.com.my/Fitness-Concept-Maxx-...023?position=14

This post has been edited by ExCrIpT: Jul 23 2021, 03:24 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.85    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th July 2021 - 06:07 PM