Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can i do AirBnb at commercial space? Office lot, Office space AirBnb Investment

views

tongyk
post Jul 23 2021, 01:01 AM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jul 22 2021, 10:38 PM)
My area is in Subang and is a DST. I have only 1 unit.

Before I started, comments I received it is not KLCC area and who wants to stay 20 to 30 km from city.

When I listed it in Airbnb, within 1st week I received a four nights booking from a UK family ! Throughout the 4 years, other than locals, I have received bookings from China, Hongkong, Singapore and  Germany.

Other than holiday guests, I also received bookings for 2 to 3 months from those owners doing their house or condo reno.

Local movie and advertisement production house also booked my place for filming.

Many who have no experience in this business thinks Airbnb is only about KLCC and foreign tourists.

You be surprised if I say few of my bookings came from neighbours.

Like in any business, there are some downsides relating to lousy guests that dont take care of the unit, stealing and unreasonable demands. It takes experience to handle all those.

The pricing will determine the type of guests who booked.... similar to 5* and 3* hotels.

[attachmentid=10933087]
[attachmentid=10933088]
But the thing is now Airbnb is dying in country. and it will prolong to at least another year before start picking up. as long as border not open, no need to talk about homestay.
tongyk
post Jul 23 2021, 01:04 AM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(homi @ Jul 22 2021, 12:56 PM)
Actually its a mix development. Behind the office have all the apartment facilites. Can access also. Swimming pool, gym, jog track, etc. Same actually.

But i get wht u mean.
If you dont have train or upcoming train within the distance, no need think about airbnb. unless u have super search ranking. but no use ppl will still comment on ur place.
tongyk
post Jul 23 2021, 01:06 AM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(pfizer @ Jul 22 2021, 09:54 AM)
Air BnB also not good now. Many stop operation already.
Ya dabao to convert jadi room rental already, some even close shop and sell furniture. especially those tourist oriented one. KL city one ppl still struggling.
tongyk
post Jul 23 2021, 01:11 AM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(homi @ Jul 22 2021, 01:36 AM)
yes. will be the high side for bills and utilities.

target tenant would be those who need a place to stay at cyber. in general. not to specific.
but there will be large open space. hall. due to its a 1000sqft studio

was thinking also to use the office itself for a new e-commerce venture. stockpile rebranded item from china sell it nationwide.
wht u had in mind was my 2nd option.
sendiri use better if ur biz is profitable. rent or sell also die ... co-working space also susah, nowadays ppl work from home, office lot has the greatest impact in covid than residential unit. Shop still ok when recovery, ppl thinking will change post era, WFH and zoom and e-wallet are the post era.
tongyk
post Jul 23 2021, 09:25 PM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(pfizer @ Jul 23 2021, 10:31 AM)
room rental can make money?
For now is at least better than Airbnb, can do both at the same time.

Ya, I converted my own property from Airbnb private room to full rooms rental.

It's +ve cash flow now.
tongyk
post Jul 24 2021, 07:58 PM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(pfizer @ Jul 23 2021, 10:32 PM)
Your location must be very good and easy to get tenant.
Yes, in Bukit Jalil, walking distance to LRT.

That's why a big no no in Cyberjaya to operate airbnb.

high risk low return ...
tongyk
post Jul 25 2021, 02:04 PM

KamKam
872 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jul 24 2021, 08:45 PM)
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Cyberjaya-Selangor...pe=search_query

Currently, there are 300+ active listings in CJ and surrounding area. Many of the hosts reviews are current ...meaning for July bookings.

Data dont lie.
Occupancy rate is very low based on the reviews, if you look at KL area, those top listing are 300 - 500 reviews.

I can dare to say CJ operator is not doing well pre-covid and now.

and FYI train like LRT & MRT really has an impact especially for foreigners and tourist.

For Local, some of them drive so searchable will do but usually they're last minute booking.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 PM