Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dupe tag, please

views

TSTakudan
post Jul 19 2021, 10:19 PM, updated 3 months ago

Getting Started
293 posts

The forum is a great place to share information and advices, but it is a shame that it's so infested by trolls providing cool stories and advices even on the serious sections (outside /k).

Why
It's dangerous and toxic for the community to continue housing the dupes who only want to stir things up like racial/gender/religion/any sort of discrimination.

With the tag, people can better decide whether to feed the troll for fun like in /k, or take their stories/advices with a pinch of salt when it's a serious topic.

How
Dupe tag can be assigned in two ways:
1. By mods: you cannot untag yourself if so. Can be disputed but case by case basis.
2. By yourself: un/set yourself under user settings, useful in times you need help but do not want to be associated with your main account.

For now I assume mods detect dupes manually, and that's fine. Community can use the report button as usual to report bad behaviours, then mods can act upon dupes who appear too often on the baddies list.

"show possible/confirmed dupe of X"?
Honestly I don't want this to be a blanket implementation. Some people dupe without malicious intent and that's fine for me. I just don't like when some take it too far to bring their toxicity to the forum and there is no repercussions to their "real self".
sHawTY
post Jul 21 2021, 12:36 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
13,676 posts

Kind of useful for identifying scammers as well
langstrasse
post Jul 25 2021, 04:20 PM

~ Eyes wide open, hands firmly on the wheel ~
1,365 posts

Support this suggestion - even better, if the tag is visible to everyone but the dupe user laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
popa911 P
post Jul 26 2021, 03:49 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hey there wanted to ask for help. I'm not sure where to ask.

I'm trying to create an account for business purposes - it's a company with which I'm currently working with.

But the forum don't allow new user registration now?

Can anyone help me out with this?
xCM
post Aug 10 2021, 09:56 PM

Casual
360 posts

The sudden influx of random people in popular threads in /k is very unique. Especially the ones related to politics and geopolitics.

It would be great to lift the veil by tagging dupe to prevent bad dissemination of information to the youths who have access to the forum.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.69    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th September 2021 - 02:13 AM